primer

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
what primer do you guys like to use??? i am at the point i need to prime my car and finish up any extra body work that pops out....my buddy has some dupli-color primer but you have to add a reducer to it....i dont know anything about this stuff as this is my first body,and paint job.....car will be a street driven car not a 100 % show stopper just want it to be nice....i know nason makes good paint ,looked at the ppg stuff not alot of info on the dupli -color stuff....thanks mike:book:

i use limco i think it is call 200k or 800k. it is an epoxy primer/sealer. with hardener. it is like 100.00 a gallon with the hardner!

the car has the body work done to it...but i know once i spray the primer i will find a few spots that need to be touched up or i just over looked....also i dont plan to paint it(color) it until i get the motor in it....i wanted to take care of the body work and primer then stuff the 400 in there and take care of the paint after so i dont mess the fresh paint up....:D

PPG has a line called Shopline. On regular jobs I use it since it is around $50 a gallon with the hardener. If you have any bare metal you will need to apply a light coat of acid etch primer for adhesion purposes.

If you don't use acid etch then you need to use an epoxy primer like DP90LF that bonds to bare metal without the acid etch. Its PRICEY though. You can get acid etch in rattle cans. Be sure you only apply the acid etch to bare metal only, not your filler.

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:thats the info i am looking for thanks guys mike:happy10::happy10::happy10::happy10:

-
Back