Private Pilot's License (Aircraft)

-
I have a license with an Instrument Rating and about 500 hours flight time. However, I gave it up many years ago. It's a lot of fun to fly, but very expensive. I previously owned
3 different airplanes but the costs of owning are ridiculous. Anything that has 'airplane' attached to it is going to cost you money.

What kind of planes did you own? Were you into twins at all?

Good idea.

I'm a retired Transport Canada Airworthiness Inspector, Ultra-Lights Instructor and kit builder, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, FAA A & P on R-22 helicopters to Boeing 224 and just about everything fixed wing. I prefer to fly ultra-lights most of all. Two years ago I sold my Cessna 337 because the cost was getting way too high. I found it more economical to rent when I get the itch but, now I'd rather play with cars and race bar stools.

That 337 is one bad *** plane. That had to have been fun to fly.

I earned my Private Pilot's license and my Airframe and Powerplant mechanics license over 20 years ago. Getting all three licenses was quite an achievement and I'm glad I did it! Flying full-scale aircraft has become too expensive for me so now it's R/C planes and gliders. A lot cheaper and almost as much fun!

Was an Army helicopter pilot - UH-60's/58's/UH-1's.

Save the cost, serve your country and learn to fly and get paid while doing it.

Been flying since 1981 and have a little over 10,000 hours. I used to fly much bigger airplanes (charter or freight) but nowdays I fly smaller tail draggers for a law enforcement agency in N.C. but hope to retire from that in about 14 months. Spent a little time flying helicopters ( jet rangers) but like airplanes better. Love all old mopars and all airplanes.

-
Back