Pro comp SB aluminum heads ebay combos

-
Ok the seller responded back. The CNC Numbers are below.
He will sell a bare set of heads CNC'd for $1000.00 , The flow numbers seem to be a little lower than what the guy on Yellowbullet was saying they flow. This guys numbers are shy of the 300CFM mark. However the exhaust flow numbers are Crazy. These heads would probably work well on a Boosted Application with exhaust numbers like that. Now that is IF they are real.

Ill stay with my RHS Heads.

View attachment 1714544834

Well, they're both CNC'ed versions of the same casting...but that's all. No way in hell Bryce at Dr. J's letting his CNC program fall into anyone else's hands I'll bet. Not surprised the numbers differ.

if you read correctly
airwolf used 2.08 valve instead of 2.02
this can make a diference but that much????

Well, they're both CNC'ed versions of the same casting...but that's all. No way in hell Bryce at Dr. J's letting his CNC program fall into anyone else's hands I'll bet. Not surprised the numbers differ.

I hear you. From what I read though, I thought there was only 1 CNC Program out there for these heads.
I also understand different flow benches have diff numbers.

I hear you. From what I read though, I thought there was only 1 CNC Program out there for these heads.
I also understand different flow benches have diff numbers.

I haven't gone down the road of researching it but I do know Dr J's do their own porting work, and I don't see them compromising their business by sharing it with a relatively budget product line. It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong though. Hell, it wouldn't be the first time this hour.

As I said in the other thread - I'd like to see them in person. The numbers claimed on the Bullet are higher than anything I've seen for a stock intake pushrod location. Not saying it can't be done, but usually the proof is in the testing by someone qualified not affiliated with the seller.
On the helicoils - I agree. I don't believe the lack of inserts is a problem.

I haven't gone down the road of researching it but I do know Dr J's do their own porting work, and I don't see them compromising their business by sharing it with a relatively budget product line. It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong though. Hell, it wouldn't be the first time this hour.

Maybe Dr. J is just hand porting them, or the other guy is and calls it CNC. Who knows.

Those are some weak numbers for a 2.02 ported eddy style head.

I've seen Eddys with similar flow numbers(on a good bench) make over 600hp. Thats about all you should expect with the nasty small area. I'd bet the exhaust numbers are with a pipe.

Damn,Gold seriously optimized combos you talking.Any cam,compression specs?

It would be pump gas marginal and more cam than some would find nice on the street,but others like me would find then pretty tame..lol

Again the flow numbers do NOT tell the whole story,I've seen heads flow about the same but one set make 100hp more. So just keep things in perspective when choosing parts.

Home ported Eddy s professionally flowed.280@ .525 to .550 .68% intake to exhaust bias. Split pattern cam,12@ .050 .Just trying to educate myself more.

Yep.I hear ya. What I'm saying is you can get flow without proper port shape or area. That doesn't show up on a flow sheet. Exhaust ports are even a bigger issue on a flow bench as neither the intake or exhaust are similar to a live running engine. I don't get upset by weakist exhaust ports as they can be crutched with cam duration. The intake port is where power is made,if they are right things are good if not there is no other tricks to make things work. With a well designed port flowing 280cfm in race trim you should make over 600hp. In mild street trim obviously you wont get there. You can pm me all the info and if something stands out I'll let you know.

Good answer,thanks for the response! I ported the Eddys,to match the cam,a guesstimation.Thanks for the feedback.

These heads in the right hand's can make some real good power. Dang! I did read that these are copy castings of the edelbrock head in the link above. Who care's. If they work, they work. Seems these will save you about 1200.00 if you go this route instead of a fully worked over set of Edelbrock's and they flow more with the Airwolf CNC Program than the Edelbrock's do from what the link above was showing.

Has anyone seen flow numbers in unported form? You'd think they would be similar to Eddies, but who knows for sure. If they are similar, I'd think about having a reliable builder make a set for less than or same $ as Eddies and not have the worry about poor assembly with OOTB Eddies.
Don't these also provide the advantage of using the factory shaft rockers?
Am I off base here?

This came up on a prior thread but no flow numbers were given. The only numbers I could find on the pro comps is from the EBAY seller mrperformanceparts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/chrysler-mo...Parts_Accessories&hash=item25755ceb58&vxp=mtr

Might as well post the numbers compared to Edelbrock (from their home page). I'll do it in the format of lift intake exhaust (Procomp/Edelbrock)

.1 73/62 63/52
.2 129/119 109/105
.3 190/175 143/142
.4 235/225 171/169
.5 251/251 184/185
.6 255/260 191/190

I'd like to see flow numbers from someone who's not selling them. Hopefully there will also be some dyno testing. Seems they are only available from a few Ebay sellers so far.

I try to buy US products but it seems Edelbrock needs a little competition.

Has anybody found a place to buy a bare set of these without going thru eBay? I wouldn't mind a set for my 273 build.

The alu of 20+ years ago, is nothing like what is used today. if you looked at them wrong, they would strip.

Still the same, if I were to run a high spring pressure, high lift cam.... It would make me more "comfy" if the rockers had inserts.

-
Back