Pro Touring 10K

-
Doors and hood are ready for 320. Just one more round of sanding before I'm ready to seal them up wet sand and they will be ready for paint.The deck lid still needs some work. The shell is not far off. Moving in the right direction. It will sure be nice to see it in color. You may notice the hood looks different than a normal 65 hood. The emblem is gone and the center reveal has been re peaked to cleans things up. Also all the trim on the front of the hood is gone. the renders are the same. I think it gives it clean lines with a little twist from original.Maybe in about a month we can start reassembly.

Attachments

• DSCF0039.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,098
  • DSCF0040.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,113
  • DSCF0041.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,111
  • DSCF0042.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,133
Moving on to the deck lid. This is the one area that has a little rust. The rest of the is rust free so I won't complain to much. For what ever reason the left side is by far the worst. Dealing with multiple layers of panels makes for a little more work as well. first the lip that folds over to the outer skin needs to come off. Then the damaged area under the first layer can be cut out. then you will need to make a new filler panel.al little more trimming and I can start to weld every thing in place. A couple of more evenings and it will be ready for filler work. then in the booth to epoxy prime.

Attachments

• DSCF0005.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,093
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,106
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,117
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,107
  • DSCF0001.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,120
Looks great. Keep the pics coming.

One part of the ugly mess put back together. need to rebuild the folded lip from the out side skin. Then repair the out side that is paper thin.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,084
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,073
  • DSCF0001.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,066
Started on the inner lip today. Got the strip cut and mocked up. Started welding the lip in place and metal finishing, Still have a long way to go on this piece. A little at a time and a strip 48" long seems to take for ever.

Attachments

• DSCF0009.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,036
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,056
The deck lid is just about ready for Epoxy prime. So moving forward I block the fenders with 150 did what little filler work they needed and now are ready for another round of primer. But before I get to far into getting the panels ready for paint. I needed to drill some holes. I posted a picture of this idea with mixed reviews. And well that's OK by me not going to make every one happy. I thought this fit the theme of the build so R/T road and Track Dart. Being this car is being build for autocross I thought it fit. Anyway here's the emblems in place on the fenders.

Attachments

• DSCF0030.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,024
  • DSCF0029.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 978
  • DSCF0028.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,029
  • DSCF0027.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,005
  • DSCF0026.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,010
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,026
Thanks for documenting this,Like I said before my son and I are trying to do our first body work project and it helps to be able to come here and see the steps it takes and how the professionals do it.Not that we'll be able to come close to your skills but we'll try--I'd like to see this car in person some day.--Steve

Looks bitchin Tim I think that fits that area perfect. That's where I had my commando 273 emblems on mine and it worked perfect. Keep on truckin bro!

Thanks for documenting this,Like I said before my son and I are trying to do our first body work project and it helps to be able to come here and see the steps it takes and how the professionals do it.Not that we'll be able to come close to your skills but we'll try--I'd like to see this car in person some day.--Steve
Hey Steve if you every have questions or I can help in any way just shoot me a PM.

Looks bitchin Tim I think that fits that area perfect. That's where I had my commando 273 emblems on mine and it worked perfect. Keep on truckin bro!
Thanks, this project needs to get wrapped up. Taking way to long. How is your car coming?

Well I have run into a small bump in the road. I knew the front valance still needed some work. It was bent in on the right side just below the grill. No big deal. So I thought. The front valance is just f**ked . So I need another piece before I can finish mounting the front spoiler. The front bumper is also pretty much a throw away. So for now I will move on to the sub frame connectors and relocating the rear springs. The rear housing needs to move back about an inch to center the tire in the wheel opening. Also need to mount the sliders and mock up the new watts link. Pictures to come.

Attachments

• 20131127_204318.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 944
  • 20131127_204309.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 972
Mine has been at a stand still. Been working on my hardtop getting the motor in and trying to get it dialed in. Too many damn projects and keep making more and more work for myself. Last thing I did to the convertible was Linex the entire bottom. Always seems like the bumpers and valance are always dicked up and it's always more apparent when everything is all squared up. Keep truckin bro you going porshe white still?

Mine has been at a stand still. Been working on my hardtop getting the motor in and trying to get it dialed in. Too many damn projects and keep making more and more work for myself. Last thing I did to the convertible was Linex the entire bottom. Always seems like the bumpers and valance are always dicked up and it's always more apparent when everything is all squared up. Keep truckin bro you going porshe white still?
I with you 2 steps forward and 10 back. Yep going with the white. I think I will go with Aqua interior. Original plan was red, But I have done a ton of white cars with red interior, So looking to go with a little some thing off the beaten path.

Well I finally found a good front valance so I can finish the body work. Started on the custom grill will post pictures when I finish it up. The biggest change is the motor. Was going to use a 360 magnum so that is for sale. With a little help from some other members I'm how changing the motor to a built srt4 2.4 neon motor. Yeah , yeah I know I'm doing what? Read up on these little motors. It will drop the weight off the motor a smig over 200lbs and can get 430 hp with very little money. Pictures will come as soon as I have the motor. Paint and assembly are just about a month away.

Well I finally found a good front valance so I can finish the body work. Started on the custom grill will post pictures when I finish it up. The biggest change is the motor. Was going to use a 360 magnum so that is for sale. With a little help from some other members I'm how changing the motor to a built srt4 2.4 neon motor. Yeah , yeah I know I'm doing what? Read up on these little motors. It will drop the weight off the motor a smig over 200lbs and can get 430 hp with very little money. Pictures will come as soon as I have the motor. Paint and assembly are just about a month away.

Hey tim

It's gonna be a fun ride

Hey tim

It's gonna be a fun ride
Your really a bad influence .LOL thanks for all your help with the crazy question I had. I noticed on these motors the A/C sets lower left have you tried to mock it up on your car? Just wondered if it would fit.

Your really a bad influence .LOL thanks for all your help with the crazy question I had. I noticed on these motors the A/C sets lower left have you tried to mock it up on your car? Just wondered if it would fit.

Yeah my motor mount ocuppies that area right now but I do want ac so I will figure that out. Might be as simple as using a different bracket or location from caravan or pt or......

I like those wheels and how they look under there. The pro-touring concept is great if it's done right. Looks like you'll have a nice finished product.

tim here's something to keep you inspired:-D

Attachments

• 2.4 3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 820
tim here's something to keep you inspired:-D
That is very cool. It was great talking with you today, Sorry I didn't mean to cut our conversation short. Just have a lot going on in the shop right now. Thank you for offering up all the info you have.
On a side note. I registered on the SRT forum but cant see the for sale item until I reach 50 post. Any way you could forward a message to the guy with the motor we talked about.
Thanks for the picture I just need to copy that and it will look great in my car.

hey timbo! I stumbled on your thread tonight so I guess I will follow along!

hey timbo! I stumbled on your thread tonight so I guess I will follow along!

Hey Wracks....I caught you and your ride in Popular Hot Rodding....nice write up.

I visited Tim's shop a couple months back....like his ride....first class!

-
Back