Pro Touring 10K

-
Sure i'll start one soon so I don't want to trash up prrc's thread too much but I already have a fully dressed 3.6L on its way from a 2013 Wrangler and a matching Tremec T5 bellhousing from Quicktime. Phase1 is to get the 3.6L in and running as is and then add the turbos later.
Tim, please have this car at the Nats!! I'd LOVE to see it in person!!

And Dave, I wanna see a build thread on your car if you do the 3.6 swap! That's what I have in my mind as the ultimate street setup, 3.6/5 speed in an A-body! I know the 3.6 with 295hp in our 2016 200C is a blast to drive and gets 27+ mpg! It'd be more fun and more efficient in a lighter A-body

I will try and make it to the Nats. hoping to have it finished up by July.
Not trashing my thread up at all. I would love to see your build as well.
Been on vacation for a week. So that's a weeks worth of lost time. Oh well really needed the time off. Got home yesterday to find the custom badges I had mad from a company called Billet Badges had arrived. I think they came out great.

20160513_184626_resized.jpg

20160513_184620_resized.jpg

The last picture before the manifold was sent off to jet hot.

20160526_174737.jpg

20160526_174743.jpg

It looks beautiful! The engine bay is going to look so neat and tidy when you're done.

Thanks, Still have a ways to go. But Heading in the right direction.

I like it..........sano is my style, and this is SANO!

Looking awesome. Hope to hear it running soon!

I like it..........sano is my style, and this is SANO!

Looking awesome. Hope to hear it running soon!

Thanks, The only thing I don't really care for is the wastegate arrangement. I wish I had room to run the right and left the same. It doesn't look bad but I think it would look better if both sides where the same.

Well, the engine is not symmetrical by design...when compared to a V8, so I don't think it looks bad at all. Quite the contrary. I think the difference in locations actually compliments the overall look. If you were to remove the red andonizing, I guarantee it would look better.....your eyes are drawn to the bright red and thus they notice the difference in locations. Keep the chrome, stainless and AL all close to the same color/finish and it will look like it flows.

I have the same issue on my engine. Everything is silver or black...except the stupid fuel pressure regulator. Red and black, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. You can even see it on my puny avatar.

My plan is to remove the andonizing some day.......................if I ever get time that is.

I will agree with you on the red. I thought it would bring a little of the red in the engine compartment from the calipers and the red on the embers. The red is not the same color. I think I will buy black as the rest of the engine will be black with a touch of polished components oh well that's another 700 down the drain. I'm sure I can recover at least half by selling what I have now. It's got to be right or it just won't look right.

I will agree with you on the red. I thought it would bring a little of the red in the engine compartment from the calipers and the red on the embers. The red is not the same color. I think I will buy black as the rest of the engine will be black with a touch of polished components oh well that's another 700 down the drain. I'm sure I can recover at least half by selling what I have now. It's got to be right or it just won't look right.

Exactly. A few bucks more will be worth the extra ooohs and ahhhs you'll get when you pop the hood. Some times less color is better.

looking awesome! Red or not when you open the hood it is going to blow peoples minds!.......again! lol

I agree it looks awesome.....but I can't hold back my artistic opinions. :soapbox:

Wait till he gets back to the rest of the build! I'm sure I will have more to say. :thumbsup:

I appreciated input when I was building both our Cuda's and I used some of that input to make good, better. Remember, it's just my opinion and it does not need to be acknowledged.

Now back to the awesome build!

Thanks guys. I've looked at the pictures long enough and made up my mind. I ordered the same BOV and wastegates with the polished tops. I will be sending the intake,fuel rail out to get them anodized as well in a bright black. I will be getting the car up on the lift today and measuring fir the drive shaft before I start tear down. It will be made from carbon fiber. Can't wait to get back on the body and get the paint finished up.

Started getting the steering column mocked up. Need to make a lower mounting plate and order the steering shaft and steering joints. pretty happy with the way it's coming together. starting on finding a good location for the ECU and will make a mounting bracket for that. John Leonard of Modern Vintage systems will be stopping by to take some measurements to build the custom wiring harness.

20160604_115343_resized.jpg

20160604_115352_resized.jpg

20160604_115409_resized.jpg

20160604_115333_resized.jpg

lookin' pretty racey......just the way we like em'

Thanks Guys, It's getting there. It really wont all come together until I can get some paint on the dash and the car. I so want to tear this thing down and get it painted but waiting on the guy that builds our wiring harnesses to come out and take some measurements.

So my good buddy John Leanard stopped by the shop today to start measuring for the custom built wiring harness. John owns modern vintage systems here in indy. The build custom stand alone wiring harnesses for just about any engine swap you can imagine. We use him exclusively here at the shop. Great guy to know.

he seems happy to help in this picture. we will see how he feels about this mess I have got him into in the end.LOL

20160620_145522_resized.jpg

The hood heat extractors came back from polish today. They really came out nice. kind of a shame to have the anodized. But that's the way we drew up the rendering. So I'm sure they will look great.

20160622_183646_resized.jpg

20160622_183656_resized.jpg

20160622_183703_resized.jpg

What steering column did you go with? I've gotta have a tilt but wasn't sure which would fit the best. Did you go with a jeep one? I've got rack and pinion so I guess that opens up a few more options

What steering column did you go with? I've gotta have a tilt but wasn't sure which would fit the best. Did you go with a jeep one? I've got rack and pinion so I guess that opens up a few more options

I have rack and pinion steering in my car also. I have the ididit tilt 28"

-
Back