Pro Touring 10K

-
Who cares what the hardcore, gotta be stock crowd thinks.

It takes way more imagination to dream up something new than to restore something back to stock. I know as I have done them both ways. It takes way more skill to put together something in the engine bay that normally wouldn't be there.

Your car will be received well by anyone who appreciates hard work, and likes things that are cool and different.

I like it anyway.:D

Thanks for the offer. I will keep you in mind.

You bet, both Nigel and I used to tune for TDS when we were starting out and still talk often, so he'll vouch for me, IF he can't get to it.

The build is impressive for sure and looks great.

Since I tune a couple hundred srt4 a year I thought about the same swap for my new Dart, but as of today I'm leaning towards a penta star 3.6l twin turbo 5speed

You bet, both Nigel and I used to tune for TDS when we were starting out and still talk often, so he'll vouch for me, IF he can't get to it.

The build is impressive for sure and looks great.

Since I tune a couple hundred srt4 a year I thought about the same swap for my new Dart, but as of today I'm leaning towards a penta star 3.6l twin turbo 5speed

That sounds like a really cool build. What is your name? I talk with Nigel at least 1 or 2 times a week. Depending on how many questions I have that week LOL He has been a great help.

That sounds like a really cool build. What is your name? I talk with Nigel at least 1 or 2 times a week. Depending on how many questions I have that week LOL He has been a great help.

Dave Trojahn
Needless Torque Calibrations
Aka "duster360" on srtforums

Thanks Dave. I took a look at your Facebook page. Looks like you have been in the srt4 game for quite some time. You are a lot closer to me than nigel. Do you have a dyno. And what do you charge to do a tune on something as crazy as my car. We will be using pump gas.

Hoping for July. Not sure how well this car will be received by the general mopar crowd. The Nats to me is more of a gathering of restored cars.

I think it will be well received for the most part. You've put a lot of ingenuity into it and kept it mostly mopar. There are also so many small touches you've put into the build that may be overlooked unless looked at closely. And if people don't like it who cares?!

Thanks Dave. I took a look at your Facebook page. Looks like you have been in the srt4 game for quite some time. You are a lot closer to me than nigel. Do you have a dyno. And what do you charge to do a tune on something as crazy as my car. We will be using pump gas.

Typically it's $350-$500 for a Diablo custom tune
Are you using the Stock PCM or some other efi system?

Typically it's $350-$500 for a Diablo custom tune
Are you using the Stock PCM or some other efi system?

Well,Nigel would like for me to run the stock PCM. how ever my concern is getting around the skim. I have the handdeld dioblo tuner I bought from Nigel. I also have the PCM and skim with keys and a stock harness.

Yes defiantly filling up quick

Thanks for the offer. I will keep you in mind

Hoping for July. Not sure how well this car will be received by the general mopar crowd. The Nats to me is more of a gathering of restored cars.

cars like yours are what I like to see and look at when any car show.
modified with a purpose. keep up the awesome work.

Well,Nigel would like for me to run the stock PCM. how ever my concern is getting around the skim. I have the handheld Diablo tuner I bought from Nigel. I also have the PCM and skim with keys and a stock harness.

A stock PCM is highly recommended. Tape a programmed key to the SKIM module and stick in under the dash and you're good.

http://sykedecutuning.com/store/index.php. Kevin can disable the skim in your ecm. then you can have tuned by who ever you would like. he really has done a lot as far as hacking into the mopar factory computers. look over his site. maybe he can do something for you.

cars like yours are what I like to see and look at when any car show.
modified with a purpose. keep up the awesome work.

Thanks, Its nice to hear some times people are not so able to except so a change.

A stock PCM is highly recommended. Tape a programmed key to the SKIM module and stick in under the dash and you're good.

So I have both. There is a connection on the skim box what is that for?

http://sykedecutuning.com/store/index.php. Kevin can disable the skim in your ecm. then you can have tuned by who ever you would like. he really has done a lot as far as hacking into the mopar factory computers. look over his site. maybe he can do something for you.

Thanks I will look into them and see if they can help.

Well it's been a long week hurt my back last Friday and been walking around like I'm 100 years old. The back is a little better so I thought I better get back on the build. So today the 3rd tube is tacked together. This was the worst one to get done. all the tubes are equal length 20" runs. Started on the last one but the back is still a little sore so I'm throwing in the towel for today and will finish up the last tube first of the week.

View attachment 20160416_111851_resized.jpg

View attachment 20160416_111913_resized.jpg

View attachment 20160416_111919_resized.jpg

View attachment 20160416_122556_resized.jpg

View attachment 20160416_122601_resized.jpg

So I have both. There is a connection on the skim box what is that for?

lol,,won't work if its not plugged in.

Now that I look at the wiring schematic,,im not so sure why it wouldn't start and run without it.

Attachments

• SKIM Module.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 257
The wiring will come soon after I finish up the manifold. It will need a lot of cleaning up / shorten up to fit my needs

Awesome build just finished reading the entire thing. It's going to be a work of art!

Awesome build just finished reading the entire thing. It's going to be a work of art!

Thanks, It's taken a lot of twist and turns along the way. I started with a simple concept and well :banghead:

The transmission tunnel is just about finished up. The turbo manifold is also just about finished. Not sure if these pictures will show up or not.

20160430_152331_resized.jpg

20160430_152347_resized.jpg

View attachment 1714930170

transmission tunnel is just about finished up. cut the hole for the shifter and got the new lever mocked up. sitting in the seat its in a very comfortable position. I just need to mark and drill the holes to mount the lever .Wanted an industrial look for the pedals so I used Lokars Lakester series. It also freed up some room from the stock pads. pretty happy with everything so far. the turbo manifold is off and out to jet hot for there 2000 series powder. can't wait to get it back. just a little more to do before I start tearing it down to finish up the body work and get it in some paint.

20160504_195244_resized.jpg

20160504_195158_resized.jpg

20160504_195142_resized.jpg

20160504_190302_resized.jpg

20160504_190247_resized.jpg

Looking good as always. Get it in the paint booth asap. We need to see this thing driving soon. :D

Not sure how well this car will be received by the general mopar crowd. The Nats to me is more of a gathering of restored cars.

Your car will definitely stand out at the Mopar Nats!, The Nats are mostly 2008 and up Challengers and Chargers these days (YUCK). They really need to limit the entries to > 25 year old Mopars, park the new crap in the field with all the other daily drivers.

One of the turbo manifold. I tried to post this earlier but was having trouble getting pictures posted during the change on the forum

20160506_163232.jpg

20160506_163220.jpg

Tim, please have this car at the Nats!! I'd LOVE to see it in person!!

And Dave, I wanna see a build thread on your car if you do the 3.6 swap! That's what I have in my mind as the ultimate street setup, 3.6/5 speed in an A-body! I know the 3.6 with 295hp in our 2016 200C is a blast to drive and gets 27+ mpg! It'd be more fun and more efficient in a lighter A-body

And Dave, I wanna see a build thread on your car if you do the 3.6 swap! That's what I have in my mind as the ultimate street setup, 3.6/5 speed in an A-body! I know the 3.6 with 295hp in our 2016 200C is a blast to drive and gets 27+ mpg! It'd be more fun and more efficient in a lighter A-body

Sure i'll start one soon so I don't want to trash up prrc's thread too much but I already have a fully dressed 3.6L on its way from a 2013 Wrangler and a matching Tremec T5 bellhousing from Quicktime. Phase1 is to get the 3.6L in and running as is and then add the turbos later.

-
Back