Pro Touring 10K

-
Looking Good, I like the Porsche color.....

Thanks Tincup. Not sure on the color yet. The Porsche color looks great in the bright sun but kind of drap on an overcast day. And my cost is around 900 a gallon. So just not sure on color. All though I all ready have the white so I can always use it.
Did you get your interior finished up?

prrc it is comeing along really nice i can't wait until it is done

Looks good man. Thats the same direction i would have wanted to go as well.

Well with a few hours with nothing to do this evening I started with some filler and started sanding the few places the shell needed some work. After the Mopar swap meet tomorrow I will be back at the shop finishing what I started today. I bought some emblems to make my own version of the Dart emblems to represent what this car will be all about. Just need to figure out were I want them? The fenders or the grill and the deck lid.? Thoughts

Attachments

• 2001_05150019.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,100
  • 2001_05150020.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 2001_05150021.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,085
  • 2001_05150022.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 2001_05150023.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,111
Low on front fenders in front of door 4 inches above lower body line. I had 273 emblems on mine right there and it looked cool

Yeah I'm thinking fenders to. I think I will loose the pentastar emblem. Do you have paint on the rest of your car yet? looking forward to seeing it.
Low on front fenders in front of door 4 inches above lower body line. I had 273 emblems on mine right there and it looked cool

Even though I think what you bought for it could look good, to me the R/T only belongs on B-bodies. Personally I would do something similar to a GT emblem for that year, but change it up somehow.

Still working on it, been kinda laggin on it but been busy with other crap as I'm sure you can relate. Gotta finish one little area on the hood then I plan to spray that in the coming weeks. Going to Vegas next weekend so painting is out then but drinking and gambling is in!

Spend the day working the Dart, Finished up the filler work and got it in the booth for some primer surfacer. Now comes the block sanding. After I'm done blocking this round of primer I will do all my seam sealer work before the next round of primer surfacer. Still a ways to go before it See's color. But a big step in the right direction.

Attachments

• 2001_05290021.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 2001_05290020.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 2001_05290019.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,013
So why does seam sealer need to coordinate with filler? Are you using filler over seam sealer?

Seam sealer doesn't really coronate with filler work.I have all the filler work done and now the car is in primer surfacer. A high build sand able primer. I will sand with 150 to get the car straight. Do my seam sealer around the drip rails and a few other areas. Then prime again with primer surfacer. Sand with 320. I feel that using the seam sealer after the first cut of primer surfacer and then re priming over the seam sealer it helps to blend in the edges of the seal sealer. As the seam sealer I use has some sand ability to help blend. Not sure if this will make any sense or not. Just the way I prefer to go about things.

Yes it does. Thanks for the tips.
Mind telling what seam sealer?
Sorry to be a pest. I'm curious because I'll be doing mine eventually. The details that are mundane to you are helpful to me.

Well with summer gone. It leaves me a little more time to work on my own project. My last post was March, So that's the last time I worked on my car.
Today I dug out the doors. Finished welding up all the trim holes. did my filler work and have them in epoxy primer. Tomorrow night I will get them in primer surface. Then on to block sanding with 150.
With the shop busting at the seems it leaves little time for my car. But I will try it again this year. Hoping to have it ready for summer. LOL

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 892
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 875
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 865
Simple question for you,We just welded up our cowl area on our Valiant and I noticed you glassed over your cowl immediately and it looks like on bare metal??? was there epoxy primer on that area first??? and what do you suggest using for a filler???? Duraglass???? Thanks very much-The car is outstanding-you truly are a artist and it shows in the details--Thanks Steve

Nice to see some progress...
Thanks Tin, Yeah me too. Never thought I would drag this project out this long.

Simple question for you,We just welded up our cowl area on our Valiant and I noticed you glassed over your cowl immediately and it looks like on bare metal??? was there epoxy primer on that area first??? and what do you suggest using for a filler???? Duraglass???? Thanks very much-The car is outstanding-you truly are a artist and it shows in the details--Thanks Steve
Yes after cutting the cowl vents out and welding in the new filler piece I prefer to use Duraglass over the welded area while still in bare metal. sand the Duragalss smooth with 80. then go to primer surface. Block with 150. Do any filler work the area may need, And prime again until the panel is straight. Will prime again and move to 320. Final step would be to prime reduced to a sealer 2 coats. wet sand with 800 and move to paint.
Hope this helps. Tim

Keeping the promise to myself to stay late and get this project back on track. The doors are in primer surface, And are ready for the first round of block sanding with 150

Attachments

• DSCF0007.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 845
  • DSCF0008.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 826
Thanks Tim--Sounds like a good plan,I will have to pick up some dura-glass--Steve

Can't remember what color are you going with? Was it the porshe color?
Well with me you just never know.originally it was going to be white, then the porsche color grabbed my attention for a while. Truthfully I have no idea. As the build progresses I'm sure a color will speak to me. LOL.

-
Back