Pro touring 74 valiant

-
The pro touring thing ain't my bag at all, but your execution is fantastic. I wish I could fab like you can. And all this on a four door! I think that's maybe the coolest part.

Your car Looks great. If you're keeping the factory suspension I will have some stuff you might want.
thank you, but i've already got all the pieces. dr. diff offset hangers and new leafs showed up this week, and i've had all the front end stuff laying around for a while. just trying to get the welding done underneath first. amazing amount of work you're doing on yours. what's the plan for the front suspension?

thank you, but i've already got all the pieces. dr. diff offset hangers and new leafs showed up this week, and i've had all the front end stuff laying around for a while. just trying to get the welding done underneath first. amazing amount of work you're doing on yours. what's the plan for the front suspension?
The front currently has .990 mopar bars, RMS strut rods, firm feel sway bar, nylon lower control arm bushings and moog problem solver upper control arm bushings. I'm going to leave it that way for now. The plan down the road is to upgrade my Dart front suspension from the C4 corvette stuff it has now to C6 or C7 stuff. Then the C4 stuff will go on this car.

Thank you. If everyone's tastes were the same cars would be boring.

I know that's right. Yours will be super cool. What's the color plan? I'd paint that thing up like a 70s yellow cab. LOL

Wow! Thanks Denny. Never thought a mopar rockstar would comment on my car. I doubt you remember but I talked to you a couple years ago about using your suspension on this car.

sure I remember......can't remember who I talked to last week, but a year or so ago, I'm good. I've been watching since the beginning....hooked me with the name and I must say, the 4-door /sleeper intrigues me. Truth be told, many others too. Hope we meet up sometime.

No rock star here (just ask HemiMark , or Ross, not to mention my wife)....just Mopar hot rodders!

I know that's right. Yours will be super cool. What's the color plan? I'd paint that thing up like a 70s yellow cab. LOL
There's not much of a plan for color. The yellow would be neat. The first time it went together it was black with white doors for a couple weeks. It looked like a cop car. I want black but my son wants blue. It might get some type of two tone. It definitely will not be show quality. Driving it everyday it gets door dings and just beat up. I don't want to be worried about it Every time I park it in public. Might just do nothing and let the outside rust. Nobody parks beside the rusty car.

Last edited:
There's not much of a plan for color. The yellow would be neat. The first time it went together it was black with white doors for a couple weeks. It looked like a cop car. I want black but my son wants blue. It might get some type of two tone. It definitely will not be show quality. Driving it everyday it gets door dings and just beat up. I don't want to be worried about it Every time I park it in public. Might just do nothing and let the outside rust. Nobody parks beside the rusty car.

The cop theme would be cool.

I have not worked on the car but its going to happen soon. I'm really excited parts are starting to show up. New axles, coilovers and R-joints. I just need to decide who my brakes will come from I'm leaning towards wilwood but I like the Baer stuff also. It will be pretty much all fab work after that.
20190814_183340.jpg

I wish. Things have not been going well I spun a rod bearing in my truck and my wife blew the head gasket in her car. Everything is repaired now. Not everything is bad I Started the process of building a shop but due to the pandemic it has slowed down or stopped. Hopefully soon our lives will return to normal and the shop will be completed and this project will continue. I really wanted to drive it to Carlisle this year but that probably will not happen now.

Corona has me at the house too. Luckily I have some parts stacked up ready to go. Really enjoy watching this build. I also have a moredoor coming together, different direction but fun all the same.

I have finally been able to get some work done. Subframe bars are in and the rear suspension is almost finished it needs panhead bar and sway bar mounts.
PXL_20221231_163955488.jpg

PXL_20230101_235702028.jpg

PXL_20230101_235651216.jpg

PXL_20230101_235641810.jpg

-
Back