PROCOMP Intake manifold

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Anybody use there air gap manifold for 360 or no anything about them?

Is that the Crosswind intake? If so then I ran one on a magnum 318 with good results. I would check the ports with a gasket, because some complain that the runners and mounting bolts may not line up. I didn't have an issue at all.

Yes it is the crosswind Is the quality worth buying it over a eldenbroch? Also will it fit underneath the hood of 67 barracuda with 770 holley avenger with K&N air filter.

I'm just gonna add that quality control seems to be hit or miss. I'm always looking for local parts that i can make a few bucks off of and have seen a few that were really ugly........both were SBF, but i think i would rather buy one i could put my hands on vs ordering one and taking my chances. Just my thoughts.

Yes it is the crosswind Is the quality worth buying it over a eldenbroch? Also will it fit underneath the hood of 67 barracuda with 770 holley avenger with K&N air filter.

Eddy airgap has also had core shift problems too, where the ports don't line up, so it's up to you. I think performance is close.

Attachments

• Rockers.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 728
If the ports dont line up are you screwed or just lose performance?

Performance is not equal. They are not the same intake. Edelbrock did the engineering. China cut one up and made molds. There are porosity issues, fitment issues, and manufacturing issues on the Crosswind - there are some core shift issues with the Edelbrock product. Generally anything that impacts the intake charge will result in power loss. So a mismatched port will cost power and efficiency, but not as much as a poorly engineered port, or worse a poorly shaped port, that doesnt line up well, and has antifreeze oozing out of it...lol

I dont care how good it runs,or doesnt run. Im not running around with a Chinese intake,ain't happening.

Spend a couple more bucks,and get the real deal.

-
Back