ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
I'm sure I have 860 into my iron heads. If not that much cash at least that much work! LOL...
I'd be lucky to get 4 or $500 for them...

Looks like 30 per cent off sale....
Did you see on their site were they had a complete set for 860 and a set for 960 or something? And I know one set is for flat tappet and one is for roller but I don't think that's the case in this instance. I think they're both flat tappet. And also I believe there rating the flat tappet solid and hydraulic as the same spring? And then roller lifters weather hydraulic or solid with their own spring?

the springs are for a hydraulic roller cam. If you call you might want to ask them about the valve springs...seat pressure and nose pressure plus max lift.....I believe PRH said the set he checked the springs were a little light....

STOREWIDE SALES [Ends Sep 15 2019 11:59pm PST] - Free standard delivery on orders over $100

the springs are for a hydraulic roller cam. If you call you might want to ask them about the valve springs...seat pressure and nose pressure plus max lift.....I believe PRH said the set he checked the springs were a little light....
Just quoting their numbers from the internet of course I believe it was like 145 and 360 on the spring pressure and a Max of 600 lift. I thought prh also said one or two Springs were a little weak but that of course he said was if I believe you were trying to do this Max 600 lift? I'm at about a 525 lift right now with the 1.6 to 1 rockers. Which would probably be plenty for the unported heads anyways? Also if I went to a bigger cam I don't see myself going past 575..

860/960? loaded unported, 1274 loaded cnc-ported

Surely you can save another $300 on your remodel. You can just eat hot dogs and pork n beans on your vacation. Should be no problem buying the CNC heads.

I Know, I Know. I'm just kidding you. I know all too well about about budgets, or sometimes lack of them.

Just quoting their numbers from the internet of course I believe it was like 145 and 360 on the spring pressure and a Max of 600 lift. I thought prh also said one or two Springs were a little weak but that of course he said was if I believe you were trying to do this Max 600 lift? I'm at about a 525 lift right now with the 1.6 to 1 rockers. Which would probably be plenty for the unported heads anyways? Also if I went to a bigger cam I don't see myself going past 575..
I would like to see what a basic set would do compared to the cast heads you have now. No other changes. That would be a story teller.

Surely you can save another $300 on your remodel. You can just eat hot dogs and pork n beans on your vacation. Should be no problem buying the CNC heads.

I Know, I Know. I'm just kidding you. I know all too well about about budgets, or sometimes lack of them.
My wife already gave me the opportunity to compromise my big overstuffed Lazy Boy that I'm supposed to get, but I believe that was self-serving as she doesn't want that thing in her living room....
I'll suck air through small head ports before I sit in some stiff little fashion chair in my living room!!!

Anyways all laughs aside..
If I'm able to get a set of unported aluminum heads fully assembled for under $900 for the set sent to my door, I think I'm going to go for it. I'm going to be very curious to see what the answer is to my CNC porting question...

I have patience and I wanted to wait for the Black Friday stuff but this is quite a good price? I don't plan to put them on till this winter for next summer...

I would like to see what a basic set would do compared to the cast heads you have now. No other changes. That would be a story teller.
So unless I get an open chamber aluminum head I have to have a custom thicker gasket. Like the 340s of old my Pistons protrude .010 above the deck and I need to either have open chamber heads and or a pretty thick gasket. The machine shop that put my motor together originally countersunk gasket matched my head's like .040 and you don't really even notice it. Just to make sure nothing touched. I used a felpro 1008 when I had them off as they did when they originally put it together. They wanted a bare minimum of thirty thousandths plus the .010 out of the hole and and the 1008 compressing to .039 it was just too close. That's why they countersunk a bit...
Soooo, I'll have to order a custom gasket. Probably a cometic gasket. my thoughts were originally to get as thick as I could
I guess for lack of better knowledge as much as I can get away with out causing more problems. Just trying to lower compression to run pump gas is one of my selling points on some aluminum heads as well. Another reason it will be a while to save more money to put the stuff on with new gaskets.
I'll probably pull the motor this winter and do it all on a stand hopefully.

Also I'm expecting a strong possibility that I could lose performance because my current heads have had quite a bit of grinding on them. As opposed to Stock port? I'm talking of course the uncnc'ed heads I'm not sure? If they're supposed to be like Magnum ports or something?

8553 Felpro

Those are what my oldest son has on his 360. It is 11:1 with eddy heads. He decked his block so the pistons were .015 out of the hole. Although they are considered a cheap gasket He has had no problems. He put that motor together when he was 18, an he is 25 now. Motor is in his only car. driven daily.

8553 Felpro

Those are what my oldest son has on his 360. It is 11:1 with eddy heads. He decked his block so the pistons were .015 out of the hole. Although they are considered a cheap gasket He has had no problems. He put that motor together when he was 18, an he is 25 now. Motor is in his only car. driven daily.
Well I'm one hundred percent convinced! If that gasket can hold back what an eighteen-year-old can give to it.. I'm sold...

8553 Felpro

been using that gasket for years..... for two reasons. It's what the auto parts stores give you over the counter, and they are cheap. I've NEVER had an issue with them.

-
Back