ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
Big block Chevy ? or stroked big block Mopar. any flow #'s

BBM heads. The flow numbers went with the heads. I don't recall what they did. I may have that in my notes if I can find them. I know I did some welding on the combustion chambers. Why?? I'd have to see my notes. My notes would also tell me what cutter I used and how much top cut I got. That may be why I did the welding.

IIRC it was for a 512 B engine.

That must have been 2012 or 2013.

Those are numbers he had before he cleaned them up. I believe he got 20cfm more after cleanup.
I agree there are better choices for a bit more money. But, the Stealth head is a viable option on a small budget.

WOW, still sounds dissapointing !

WOW, still sounds dissapointing !

The big selling point with the big block Stealth Head is when painted it has a stock appearance. They will easily flow 310 cfm but if you can’t do the job yourself suddenly a deal is that great of a deal. If you really leaned on a set 320 plus is available but like I said above there are better options

I was wondering if I couldn't get unported heads and run them for a season and then the following season take them off and have them CNC'ed? It would be some more apples to apples...

I was wondering if I couldn't get unported heads and run them for a season and then the following season take them off and have them CNC'ed? It would be some more apples to apples...
That would be actually beneficial. Of course, it would be necessary that all the other performance factors were the same.

You haven't learned. It is always better to spend your money once. It's much cheaper and smarter.

I guess it should be said if anyone spots any REAL internet deals please point them out...:thumbsup::thankyou:

I’m sure SM would be able to tell you the scoop, but “I think” the CNC porting is done over here on those heads.

I guess it should be said if anyone spots any REAL internet deals please point them out...:thumbsup::thankyou:
Kimmer has/had a pretty good deal on bare CNC heads. You are waiting for a better deal that may not happen and only to save pennies.

The CNC porting is done by a machine shop just down the road from their warehouse....I had their name at one time but forgot it.....I scored some heads from SM went the had the wrong price on their website...I inquired about the heads they told me they were down the street being CNC and would be shipped on a certain day and they were.

Kimmer has/had a pretty good deal on bare CNC heads. You are waiting for a better deal that may not happen and only to save pennies.
No offense to anyone selling anything but my preference is going to be brand new from a distributor or Speedmaster with the ability for possible recourse if needed. And I won't waiver on that no matter which way it's argued...

If one should fall ef'um all, 93 days till speedmasters on the wall...
Labor day weekend sale..?....

I have the start of a budget for these heads. I just am not sure how to prepare or search to be ready for a great deal??
Amazon or Ebay discount? Do they start letting people know that something like a promotion will be available? I don't have any PayPal's or Ebay accounts my wife does have an Amazon account.. Online shopping really isn't my thing except for like Jegs or Summit. And I still call them with my credit card...

Shoulda bought em
I didn't have the money at the time I was just calling to see if someone would even answer and to see what they had in stock. At this point my budget is hovering between what two bare heads would cost and what their non CNC fully loaded heads wood cost. On their website they have the non CNC fully loaded heads with a free air gap intake manifold for $1171. I figured that air gap intake should be worth $271 easy. Especially it looks like it will fit a magnum as well in the picture? I think the regular price on a loaded set of non CNC heads is around $900... I would like to see what pops up on a Black Friday sale for those? I have plenty of time as I don't want to put these on till just before next season or basically this winter.
I would rather have them already assembled. I don't want to have to find all the parts for them and have everything sized. I would rather just clean them up and check them over and run them. It would be different if I owned a machine shop..

The non polished Air Gap is about $200.00 at Summit they are nice intakes. I have had both, the polished and non polished. They fit both the LA and the magnum. Kim

The non polished Air Gap is about $200.00 at Summit they are nice intakes. I have had both, the polished and non polished. They fit both the LA and the magnum. Kim
really? Can you post a link because I thought so too and then all of a sudden they got expensive....

There may have been a price increase. When I sold my non polished the guy told me they were $203.00 at Jegs. They were out of stock. I took his word for it. Never looked it up. That would be a little more than a month ago. July 13th. Kim

Well it seems they have these heads on sale now on their website. I was waiting for a Black Friday sale or something but they seem to have things in stock as of recent and have a sale going to get things moving seemingly. I'd like to give a call tomorrow and find out if they will cnc after the fact? As in I have enough to buy complete heads on sale. I just don't have enough for the cnc-ported complete heads. I wouldn't mind running them unported for a couple years and then having them done in a couple years when I can afford that upgrade....
I get the get it done once and get it done right thing but there's also something to be said for doing things in increments and finding out the results. Again I'm just a hobbyist having fun with my toy...

-
Back