ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
been using that gasket for years..... for two reasons. It's what the auto parts stores give you over the counter, and they are cheap. I've NEVER had an issue with them.

Me too, I was afraid 11:1 would be pushing it , but they have been good!

A couple of years ago at the Indy swap meet a guy was selling them for $5 apiece. I bought a couple sets, but should have bought all he had. He had a big stack of them.

Well basically drinking coffee waiting for the 8 hour to strike. I mean come on $820 fully loaded aluminum heads sent to my door? I've been wanting aluminum heads since I've owned the car. I should easily be able to recoup half that with my old heads?? 596 heads with 202 valves K line valve guides and Crower Springs. Right now I can even sell them fly before you buy...

j par Hear me on this! Your heads (speedmaster) are on sale for 255.00 each. Buy these, and use your valves/springs/retainers/locks from your current heads. 510.00 bucks and it's DONE!

His current heads may have 3/8 valves an the speedmaster use 11/32.
SI sells good valves for decent prices. Those heads need sb chevy +.100 valve length.

My head's right now are great and for the $310 I would save I don't think I would like to cannibalize them...
They would be great on a driver project like maybe my 41 Studebaker when I finally put a motor in it...

I had to hit the green button they've always been way too expensive to dream about....
I'm not going to side track your thread, but I think the cheap cheap way with little knowledge to rock a budget LA small block are magnum heads. I have everything to do this swap. When I do, I will do a thread on it. Like you, it will be ET to ET slip comparison.

You know for me I've kind of always just like all the cool hot rod parts and stuff like that. Also this is my hobby is everybody knows and I just like to have fun with it and have cool stuff on the car that makes me happy. I like the idea of 50 pounds lighter. I like the idea of possibly running pump gas only which would be great, I like the idea of the possibilities of having them cnc'ed in the future and getting more flow...

j par Hear me on this! Your heads (speedmaster) are on sale for 255.00 each. Buy these, and use your valves/springs/retainers/locks from your current heads. 510.00 bucks and it's DONE!
Mopar Chrysler SB 318 340 360 170cc 65cc Cast Bare Aluminum Cylinder Head

Almost temping only because I have valves already from my Edelbrock heads from when I upgraded to 2.05 and 2.08 valves. Buy them, fix the valve job to how I do them, quick port job to get them in the 280-290 cfm area and sell them for 1100.00 or so.

Almost temping only because I have valves already from my Edelbrock heads from when I upgraded to 2.05 and 2.08 valves. Buy them, fix the valve job to how I do them, quick port job to get them in the 280-290 cfm area and sell them for 1100.00 or so.

Put springs for a mech roller in them and you've got a deal. :)

Trigger pulled...
$820 loaded sent to my door...
You'd be hard-pressed to get one Edelbrock head for that..
Screenshot_20190913-074227.png

What, no titianum retainers too. Lol

Didn't want to seem greedy, but since you mentioned them....

All joking aside, my fear of Chinese springs/valves/keepers/retainers is too high for their normal price. Wouldn't mind a killer deal on the CNC ones for me to load with my own stuff.

All joking aside, my fear of Chinese springs/valves/keepers/retainers is too high for their normal price. Wouldn't mind a killer deal on the CNC ones for me to load with my own stuff.

I would be willing to bet that even the Edelbrock stuff isn’t made in America. That being said I always changed out the retainers, keepers, and springs as part of my upgraded. We did have a chunk of a stock intake valve break off in one of my sons engines which required me to pull both heads to fix it because the piece traveled from number 3 cylinder to number 6 cylinder

Screenshot_20190913-090416.png

I would be willing to bet that even the Edelbrock stuff isn’t made in America. That being said I always changed out the retainers, keepers, and springs as part of my upgraded. We did have a chunk of a stock intake valve break off in one of my sons engines which required me to pull both heads to fix it because the piece traveled from number 3 cylinder to number 6 cylinder

Likely not I suppose, I think the difference is in QC. Inspection and rejection of the inevitable bad parts when buying from China. I would think/hope Edelbrock does a better job than SM.

I've been looking at the trickflows, and $2400 loaded and ready to go is a good deal vs the normal price of $1800 for the loaded SM heads.

That's what I was looking for, didn't go enough pages down, page isn't great on phones, and no real way to filter. Thanks.

Likely not I suppose, I think the difference is in QC. Inspection and rejection of the inevitable bad parts when buying from China. I would think/hope Edelbrock does a better job than SM.

I've been looking at the trickflows, and $2400 loaded and ready to go is a good deal vs the normal price of $1800 for the loaded SM heads.

Then use the often given 10% off deals Summit offers to save 200.00 and buy the stud or head bolt kit needed for the TrickFlow heads. I love their products and continue to cross my fingers they come out with a better flowing race type head. Then I’ll buy a set.

-
Back