ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
Hey Guys, I've got a set of Speedmaster heads on my 360 1972' block.. obviously non roller block, everything pretty well bolted up without issues even alternator... I did have comp cam springs installed/and the retainers to but I used the Speedmaster valves.. I noticed the valves are lil bit lighter than what I'm used to feeling but heads are fine according to Fast Teck Machine shop in Ocala.. i only have about 100 miles now but doing great! I did use Speedmaster head stud kit with only 70lbs of Torque according to Speedmaster Torque spec is just 65lbs.. so anyway they seem great in my truck..its not a race truck it's street drivin and feelin like I'll probably order another set of Speedmasters for a 71' 340 I'm doin... so far I'm happy... Nice heads!
Speedmaster is well known for not giving good specs... I would definitely tighten those heads down quite a bit more....

Hey Guys, I've got a set of Speedmaster heads on my 360 1972' block.. obviously non roller block, everything pretty well bolted up without issues even alternator... I did have comp cam springs installed/and the retainers to but I used the Speedmaster valves.. I noticed the valves are lil bit lighter than what I'm used to feeling but heads are fine according to Fast Teck Machine shop in Ocala.. i only have about 100 miles now but doing great! I did use Speedmaster head stud kit with only 70lbs of Torque according to Speedmaster Torque spec is just 65lbs.. so anyway they seem great in my truck..its not a race truck it's street drivin and feelin like I'll probably order another set of Speedmasters for a 71' 340 I'm doin... so far I'm happy... Nice heads!

I got my cnc heads bolted up to my 340 earlier this year and have a couple hundred miles on my car. Bolted them up right out of the box and they have been great. I’m not sure if I have anymore power than I did before though? I know as much about tuning as a fat kid knows about dieting… lol

I’ll be getting another set for my spare 340 block as well. Going to get some of their rockers too!

19AD6A24-59EC-4B2F-8971-6C82AEAD0EEB.jpeg

I got my cnc heads bolted up to my 340 earlier this year and have a couple hundred miles on my car. Bolted them up right out of the box and they have been great. I’m not sure if I have anymore power than I did before though? I know as much about tuning as a fat kid knows about dieting… lol

I’ll be getting another set for my spare 340 block as well. Going to get some of their rockers too!

View attachment 1715998461
Skip their rockers. They are not good.

Some people where just lucky. Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya??? Lol
Yep.
Speaking of luck, consider the luck you've been having pumping all that horsepower through factory blocks without your girdle. lol
oh I meant a girdle :lol:

Speedmaster is well known for not giving good specs... I would definitely tighten those heads down quite a bit more....
Yea, not sure what I've bought with Speedmaster heads but honestly they seem alright so far... I did go about 10lbs over what their torque said and using their stud kit as well....the engine-airlocked first few mins it ran got up in Temp but then It cooled off and seems fine even few months later... no complaints about the heads yet....

Yea, not sure what I've bought with Speedmaster heads but honestly they seem alright so far... I did go about 10lbs over what their torque said and using their stud kit as well....the engine-airlocked first few mins it ran got up in Temp but then It cooled off and seems fine even few months later... no complaints about the heads yet....
Did you have the thermostat in it when it air locked?

I bought the loaded CNC ported 190’s set last year during the Black Friday sale. Set up for roller cam. I’m a shitty shade tree fiddler at best, but first observation appears they pressed in the guides after the CNC process, which caused loose fragments of aluminum by the guide to easily break off if you ran them straight out the box. I haven’t mounted on an engine as I’m weighing option for either 408 or built short block to put them on. I would probably have them disassembled and looked over before I put them on anything for self insurance. See the fragment in photo not a big deal but still it’s the little fine details that matter.

DD1B7D0E-A232-4189-9D59-9DFD375C24BE.jpeg

799A1780-8D7A-4FAA-AF01-C590DD04B323.jpeg

@Tasdoggy exactly what was there to disagree with?... It's crazy when I get they disagree on a post from 3 years ago with no explanation why someone would disagree with it...
Screenshot_20221125-101324.png

I bought the loaded CNC ported 190’s set last year during the Black Friday sale. Set up for roller cam. I’m a shitty shade tree fiddler at best, but first observation appears they pressed in the guides after the CNC process, which caused loose fragments of aluminum by the guide to easily break off if you ran them straight out the box. I haven’t mounted on an engine as I’m weighing option for either 408 or built short block to put them on. I would probably have them disassembled and looked over before I put them on anything for self insurance. See the fragment in photo not a big deal but still it’s the little fine details that matter.

View attachment 1716013915

View attachment 1716013919

Bought the same heads, I had some spots that weren’t “perfect” cleaned the little fragments and have had them on my 340 since February. Car runs as it should and I haven’t had any problems.

@Tasdoggy exactly what was there to disagree with?... It's crazy when I get they disagree on a post from 3 years ago with no explanation why someone would disagree with it...
View attachment 1716015052
View attachment 1716015052
Lighten up frances, apparently I have been adding reactions while I scrolled. I removed the reaction.

Accidentally disagree with me and then call me Francis when I was just asking what the deal was?... People normally call that fat finger by accident and generally say oops sorry about that but your internet hero approach is another way of doing it...
Let me just go ahead and put you on ignore so I won't see the quotes....

Why do people get their panties in such a wad over a red "X" on an internet forum from someone they'll never meet? Is it really that big of a deal?

Why do people get their panties in such a wad over a red "X" on an internet forum from someone they'll never meet? Is it really that big of a deal?
If you're referring to me number one I don't wear panties and number two I was just asking what the deal was I just didn't understand... You didn't see me calling names or getting all kinds of pissed off or anything did you? There's no need for that it could have just been a mistake or something....

If you're referring to me number one I don't wear panties and number two I was just asking what the deal was I just didn't understand... You didn't see me calling names or getting all kinds of pissed off or anything did you? There's no need for that it could have just been a mistake or something....

It’s the WAY you asked. And then you have the balls to say someone treated you unfairly.

Typical.

Oh wait, I’m on the “list” so Jpar cant see this.

All the better.

-
Back