Production #'s ?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I looked in my book and what i find isn't exact enough to suit me so i'll ask you gurus here. A 1974 Duster, 360HP, 3 speed in the floor, factory sunroof, buckets, 8.75 SG rear with fold down rear seat. My book gives the 74 year production #'s for the 360 Dusters (ALL) as 3969 units with no other break down. This rig might be rare but will need some more input to determine if this is so.
Small Block

I can only say that I had that exact car minus the 360, mine had a 318 and a 8-1/4. I miss it. I have never seen one since.

Just by your list of options, I'm sure it's quite rare, But unfortunately rare does not always equal valuable. If you are asking this to determine if a car is rare enough to restore, with today's market my answer would be to only put as much money as you are COMFORTABLE to and be happy with it as a driver.

Just my .02

P.S. If you break any car down far enough by options and color they become rare. But it sounds like a GREAT car though, especially the manual trans!

An 8.75 in a 74?

It's a pretty rare car just with the 360/sunroof/folddown. Tough to get a solid number on production other than applying the % to the total.

They really don't garner much money even fixed up. Had a friend with a really nice 73 340 sunroof/folddown car and had a tough time getting 6K for it.

Yes certain options would make it rare.
Sunroof,manual 3 speed and the 8 3/4 as Crackedback mentioned,I,d say it,s worth hanging on to it.My 2 cents

The rear axle isn't likely an 8.75", and if it is, its not from the factory 74 Duster. Also, a 360 with any manual trans is rare, since it would take a special flywheel with counterbalance. You might try decoding the fendertag to be sure the trans is original to the car as well.

All that said, if you like Dusters, it doesn't much matter what it has, its a collectable, and you hould keep it and invest any funds you feel you want.

May be right on the rear. I haven't looked under it as it sets very low. Just going off of what the guys says. In looking at the floor shift i believe it is original. I'll know more this week if it ever quits raining.
Small Block

The VIN would tell you if it was a 360 car. A 318 car with a stick wouldn't be all that rare.

A factory 360 HP in a 74 Duster is pretty rare,the sun roof is pretty rare sounds like a neat car.I could not find any production numbers.
Jim

you got a rare car there dude ! i have a 76 w/ sunroof , e58 package , 360/727 , magnums 500s etc.. and they made 2 on 16 ( shipped ) of them in canada maybe they made at least 500 or less with a 360+sunroof in 1974 ... in 76 they did maybe at least 50 360 duster w/sunroof in the world , .. so its getting rarer and rarer .. priceless !

'72 was the last year for the 8 3/4" in an A body. After that you got an 8 1/4" at best.

Boy, the old fart is playing hard to get. All i want him to do is throw in the old 63 belvedere that is setting in grove of tree but he thinks the trees, i call em sprouts, are more valuable than the car. Wont let me cut em to get it out. Also the 71 4 door dart he's using for storage he wont let go. He's been watching too much Barrett Jackson. I guess for now i'll get the Demon and the 360 duster and then wait till he dies to get the other two. Wish me luck.

-
Back