Progress Pics of the 63 INDY MAXX DART

-

billyjay

Reaction score
ok guys, i have some new pictures added to the photo album in the progress of my 63 dart ..the newest pics are near the end of the slide show.. heres what has been done.. i changed out the Dana 60(4.10) to a sharter Dana 60(4.30) and installed a new crossmember with longer ladderbars..I removed the 28x10x15 hoosiers and added 31x14x15 hossiers with new 12" rims..also started the motor build.. deBurr'd and washed the Indy block, installed the 4.75 Stroke crank and Mains..NOTE::: the Indy Mains are very hard to install due to them being so tight..so i put them in the freeze over night and installed them with easy the following morning ,one at a time... http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QZOXDNmxcswM

Wow, you are my inspiration, I absolutely love your 63, I'd like to find a 63-65 Dart like your's and do very similar things. Very nice work. If you don't mind me asking, what times are you trying to run with it.

Looks like your project is coming along nicely. Nice work.

Real nize work =P~I will be there to give it a test drive:cheers:, Just a dry run.:-D

to answer the question on times that i am expecting for the Indy Dart to run will be::: as long as the car comes in @ 3000lbs or less and the motor should make 875-910hp with about 800ft lbs ..I should be anywhere from 8.70-8.90..@ 150mph..somewhere around there..but i think the car will be closer to 2900lbs with me and race ready...

here are some of the latest pics of theb 63 dart.. almost done.. have the 572ci Indy motor together and ready to go to the chassis shop for custom 2 1/4 headers..

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 001.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 003.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 012.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 014.jpg

Wow, is all I can say. Your car is my inspiration, I hope to put something very similar together, once I find a 63 Dart...... Out of curiousity, why did you choose not to beed roll some of the tin for strength? Anyhow excellent work. Please post up some sound bites of that beast in action.

WOW!!That,s quite the engine,nice work!A little video when you get er done please!You just made my night,here,s mine.Can you do it next?LOL

trim 013.jpg

I decided not to bead roll out of i wanted the clean look.. i figured all the strength was in the frame work and if the tin is the only thing holding it together , then i'm in trouble...lol.. i have a bead roller.. just didnt like the look..some of my critical peices are heavy alum(.100)and then the inner pcs are .062..so i am heavier than most in all of my tin. and the Door panels i have been waiting to do for a year.. i wanted something different, just like my Car..i think the panels came out very nice and i like the look..clean and simple..just like the paint.. the only thing thats not simple is the Monster i am trying to cram in the engine bay...going to install it in another day or so and then taking it to the chassis shop for a custom set of 2 1/4" headers to let her breath...other than that, i have built the entire car myself..and have enjoyed the challenger of all the issues and changes that i made along the way.. in 2 years i will be ripping it all out and having a Professional CM tube Chassis installed and motor to 604ci Blower..but wanted to prove that i can build a good solid Racecar..i build street cars all the time..thanks for all the kind words and good luck with your projects...will post some time slips in a few weeks...

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 003.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 012.jpg

Rear Suspension 001.jpg

002.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 016a.jpg

well , i finally got her shoved in that little engine bay.. she was tough and fits like a glove.. all that mock-up work paid off...here are the pics..

001.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

003.jpg

Damn snug fit near the firewall there huh? You certainly did your homework it looks like. very nice

Motor looks all business........nice. Good color choice as well.

Yea, when i mocked the bare block in there i slid the motor back 1 1/2" just stopping before i hit the firewall.. slid a .030 feeler gauge in between the valve cover and the passengerside firewall..Yep, it's close...lol..taking it monday to get the headers built..1200.00 (OUCH) then she will be ready to fire up..

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 006.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 010.jpg

Make sure you post some vids of that first fire up. That thing sure looks wicked.

-
Back