Project Plain Jane

-
No sorry. I did have a center sump pan kit from Mopar, which had a brand new pan,dpstick and tube,gaskets,seals etc. And a windage tray. But those are loooong gone (sold).

On a more positive note my Summit order is shipped. Should be here soon! Im STOKED!

O.K !!! Went and grabbed the Sherman 1/4 and one AMD outer wheel house today~~~!!!! Other one is on back order until mid Feb. I'll get some pics up today. I really want to get going on this stuff now,but I kinda need a propane space heater.

While the Sherman panel is far from perfect,the flaws are easily workable. It is a bit on the thin side however. And it was shipped in a box about 4 ft too long and surrounded by large balled up plain brown paper. Surprised it arrived undamaged. Overall I would give it maybe a grade of C,strictly average.

The Amd panel is much thicker and sturdier. Seems to be well made and I bet it fits well. Tentative grade of B,pending fitment.If it fits like a factory piece I will give it an A.

Im a bit of a cynic when it comes to body panels,having worked in bodyshops for many years and seeing a lot of high grade panel.

Made another purchase today which will hopefully allow me extra time outside with restoration,or even just repairs on daily drivers. I have a problem with poor blood circulation to my hands. They freeze up pretty solid rather quickly.Another plus would be force drying of filler and paint/primer. The cold Canadian winters are definitely a hold up to getting things done.

So after reading reviews on the Canadian tire websight,I found this little gem. Today it went on sale,and I had about $17 in Can tire $$ saved up. After tax it cost me only $110 and change,not bad considering comparable heaters are more than twice that.This heater is designed to service 1800 sq ft. My garage isn't even half of that(probably about 300 ),but is entirely made of cement. I nicknamed my garage the "cement coffin",because it's cold as the grave.Right now it's full of hybernating spiders,which will die a very painfull death from insecticide. We do have Black Widows up here,and while they are not the deadly variety,they can make you very ill with just a couple bites. Black Widows love old cars that don't move...So first thing I will be out there and gas the heck out of the place!

New purchase .Headlight upgrade from crackedback! Very nice stuff,glad I did it.

Hey all! Still here,thought I would drop in and update y'all. So yhings continue to improve on the health end of things. Fine tuning my diet,routine and continuouse research into things that work for others with M.S has helped enormously. I would say I am 99% free of numbness now. My strength is still way low, but improving quickly.

One of my biggest barriers remains. Joint stiffness and misalignment is still a big problem,as I have multiple back and hip problems. So I found good results can be had with an inversion table.That is on the way,as yoga,gym time and walking just aren't going to correct my neck and upper back.

On the positive side I have located a free Dana 60. Its in a 3/4 ton Ford, and I have to pull it myself,but so what? It' s FREE! Frigging thing weighs 500 lbs,so the plan is to unbolt and cut, then drag it out with my pos GM truck.Lift it with my engine hoist into the bed and bring it home. First the truck needs fixing....AGAIN....What can I say. The 350 in the GM runs like a Swiss watch, but the rest of it is plagued by electrical and rust issues.

Anyways,a member here sent me a message expressing concern as I hadn't been here in some time. Thanks very much for that! Its appreciated more than you can possibly know..

David! So good to hear from you...A place of honour eh? I'll take that with a grain of salt lol.But thanks anyways!:prayer: It's uplifting when folks care enough to check up on me.

I think one of the biggest challenges mentally about M.S is that folks get frustrated,impatient or think your lying about your illness. You become isolated,and depressed. So I found reaching out to others helpful. Offer to assist them,or just listen and doors open.Then again some people are just azzholes. I was yelled at for taking my time through a crosswalk this summer,some young punk in a blue Ford p/u that his Daddy probably paid for.It was the heat of summer,that really makes me slow down,can't be helped.

My wife insists I am a fool,and people will just use me. Thats on them ,not me.And I always operate within my limits,to preserve my gains in health so I don't backslide. Im at the point now where I can run all day,and end up exhausted with a huge accomplishment list at the end of the day. But that always comes with a cost; the next day I am burned out and MUST rest.If I overdo it,that will cause a flare in symptoms and I spend a week resting,then 2-3 weeks getting going again. So I am very,very careful how much I take on,and always listen to what my body is telling me.

Great to hear from you Paul glad to hear positive things about your health keep us posted on your progress with your car and health.

Thanks Jim! Just finished assembling and using my new inversion board. What a hoot! Feet pointed at the ceiling for 3-4 minutes,now my upper back is almost pain free.My biggest fear was being upside down would make me dizzy. NOTHING. Not a trace of dizziness..

Big recent steps in health are due to my juicer. Just can't get enough nutrition by eating,the food these days is crap. Grown too fast,harvested to fast,pesticides,gmo,fertilser,soil depletion,it all devalues our food to 1/10 of what it was in the 1950's.But I can consume a lot more with juicing,and without the bulk. And the juice pulp go's into my garden,win/win!

Paul, you are FABO member #454, almost 11 years, that's a place of honor!

And how are you doing sir? Glad to see your still here! Any chance you will get back into a Mopar? I know goldie is long gone.

Thanks Jim! Just finished assembling and using my new inversion board. What a hoot! Feet pointed at the ceiling for 3-4 minutes,now my upper back is almost pain free.My biggest fear was being upside down would make me dizzy. NOTHING. Not a trace of dizziness..

There's an infomercial running for one of them. Teeter something? Made me dizzy thinking about it...
I gotta believe this was first intended to be a torture device. they got a guy on it and he's like "dude this is awesome, can I just stay on here? I'll tell you anything you want to know" LOL

There's an infomercial running for one of them. Teeter something? Made me dizzy thinking about it...
I gotta believe this was first intended to be a torture device. they got a guy on it and he's like "dude this is awesome, can I just stay on here? I'll tell you anything you want to know" LOL

I like to get on my table,flip till Im 90 degree's and then I say"Im bat man"...:finga: Told the kids Im gonna answer the trick or treaters this year hanging upside down and with a batman mask on,lol.

Being dizzy was a huge fear for me,but there's zero reaction. Last night I hung for a count of 320
and my hip is beginning to move back into place. Neck and back are definitely feeling better. I get a lot of aching,shooting pain down my shoulders/arms,and I could always tell it was originating in the c3-c4 area.Trying to talk to my GP about it was useless,he would just want to prescribe a painkiller,or an anti inflammatory. That pain is almost gone without the use of drugs. I'll be up for getting that beastly Dana soon,if I can get that damn GM p/u fixed.:banghead:

I like to get on my table,flip till Im 90 degree's and then I say"Im bat man"...:finga: Told the kids Im gonna answer the trick or treaters this year hanging upside down and with a batman mask on,lol.

Being dizzy was a huge fear for me,but there's zero reaction. Last night I hung for a count of 320
and my hip is beginning to move back into place. Neck and back are definitely feeling better. I get a lot of aching,shooting pain down my shoulders/arms,and I could always tell it was originating in the c3-c4 area.Trying to talk to my GP about it was useless,he would just want to prescribe a painkiller,or an anti inflammatory. That pain is almost gone without the use of drugs. I'll be up for getting that beastly Dana soon,if I can get that damn GM p/u fixed.:banghead:

Excellent on health response ,NAR..

Spent 5 hours on the truck yesterday,but didn't get a win. Flare nut is weeping just a bit where it threads into the abs pump block. I'll get it licked. Probably some dirt in there. Can' really get my face in there to see,so I'll take a pic with this handy ipad and inspect it.Grrr...

Lol to quote 1967 Barracuda,don't underestimate my ability to screw things up. Turns out this cupra nickel line is really soft,probably a bit too soft. Im using an old fashioned clamp style flare tool with a screw down anvil, worked great for years on steel line. But cn line is so soft,the clamp was sliding down the line away from the anvil. I ended up using wrenches as extensions on the clamps handles,to get it extremely tight. That did the trick,the rear line no longer weeps,and the rears are bled properly.Gonna do the fronts next,then wiring.

Question for all;has anyone read Grain brain,or Brain maker by David Perlmutter,M.D? If yes,what is your opinion? I agree with his theories,as essentially what I have been doing by changing my diet is changing the micro-biome of my gut.Unbelievable that we carry 4 lbs of bacteria around in our stomach and small intestine.Makes total sense that those microbes have a huge say in our health.
Why hasn't science and western medicine approached this? The answer is simple. They cannot own the fix.

Make sure you leave the door cracked for ventilation when running that heater.
I run a propane heater similar to that one, and it heats my 12 x 20 garage, but I also have alot of insulation in it.

Breathing won't be an issue. There are two permanent openings about 6x10 in one wall,and the garage door is an antique style that rolls off to the left. Plenty of gap under that. Enough gap that all the local spiders let themselves in.

Just did not want your wife to find you down there passed out.
6x10 opening what are they for?
I have had a headache in the morning after being in the garage without enough ventilation from propane heaters.

I think the openings are just for ventilation. I need to screen them off to keep the local crazy cat ladies army out. The spca pulled out over 60 feral cats from her property this year,and those damn cats were in my garage shitting all over the place. They pissed in my neighbours boat as well.

-
Back