Project Plain Jane

-
Yup it's dirty and greasy! But that prevents rust,lol...

Complete from carb to pan. Comes with an 800 cfm rebuilt Tquad.

Another 6 inches and it hits the cieling.Just enough room...

I set it down on a spare tire/rim. It's all strapped and ready for delivery. Going in a 72 Dart. Replacement for an anemic 273 that is boring it's current owner,lol.. So in conclusion,Im still looking for 4 speed conversion stuff. Not really interested in an O.D trans..will consider 18 spline,23 spline and ball/trunion.

To bad it's not going into my dart:sad6:

I wish it were too! But shipping it would kill off any great deal I make. The new owner is kicking in $100 for gas. That will get used and then some...Im thinking your much further than 4 hours away.

hey paul did you ever try the aim line of products my father has been using this for 3 years now the barley life plus it made such an improvement in his health I started using it also I feel great since .

Cant say I have Jim. I do need to be carefull what I put in. MANY things have gluten to which I am highly sensitive.One good shot of that,and I'm suffering for at least a week. Barley I believe,is related to wheat and not gluten free.Many prescription pain killers have some sort of gluten related ingredient. Hell,it's even in rice krispies hidden in the name "malt". Not sure why the food industry,among others has chosen to hide what is really inside what we eat.

I wish it were too! But shipping it would kill off any great deal I make. The new owner is kicking in $100 for gas. That will get used and then some...Im thinking your much further than 4 hours away.

Strap it to some geese and send them my way! Haha

Cant say I have Jim. I do need to be carefull what I put in. MANY things have gluten to which I am highly sensitive.One good shot of that,and I'm suffering for at least a week. Barley I believe,is related to wheat and not gluten free.Many prescription pain killers have some sort of gluten related ingredient. Hell,it's even in rice krispies hidden in the name "malt". Not sure why the food industry,among others has chosen to hide what is really inside what we eat.

the barley is only grown for a short time and is like green grass and changed to a powder form its green and smells like grass and aim has many health food products http://www.take-aim.ca/canadian_online_order_form.htm maybe it has gluten not sure .I hope your recovery is smooth and short

Thanks Jim. I checked them out. Looks like they have many interesting products. As for the Barley life,it does not specifically say gluten free,so no touchy for me!I already get plenty of what is in the barley life just by eating the right foods anyways.

If it were up to me,I would get my diagnosis changed from secondary progressive to relapsing remitting. The M.S is still there,just not near as bad and only some of the time.

I have also found that,in addition to diet and excercise,massage therapy and chiropractic treatment help enormously. And as for excercise,most specifically aerobic and pilaties (not sure on the spelling,lol).

The latest focus for me has been core strength. I basically have none!! Physically Im fairly normal,but put me in a situation that requires strength,and I have to use different muscles to compensate for my weak core. That ends in injury.

Great project thread. No doubt that with your determination you will see it through. Eat the elephant one bit at a time! Will be watching to see your progress if it ever warms up. Keith

I got that 360 loaded up. And the buyer flaked out....

All loaded up and no place to go!!

So maybe I should list it here...plenty of pictures.

And thank you sir!

I missed perhaps the single most important compenant above. It's got nothing to do with diet etc.More of the spirit. I teach my kids to never quit,never give up. You need a fire in the belly,a single or multiple reasons to do this.

Well guys another update. I kinda forgot to share this. The 360 is now gone,sold to a local guy about 30 minutes away. It's going in an A body...

As for me,Im getting better again,but have learned so much from my return to work failure. Still working on things,but focusing on the microbiome of the gut,or small intestine.

The more probiotics I intake,the better I feel. Interesting ....

I have a purchase planned for my Dart. I want to get both outer wheel houses (AMD products) and a left 1/4 panel skin (Sherman) from Summit. The total is about $656. Im hoping someone can help with a discount code for Summit. Shipping these is oversize,so I don't think a free shipping offer will apply. I am also looking for primer etc. Dont want to slap on fresh sheet metal without immediately primering at the least.

These pieces will complete the outer skin structure. I can hand fab in my bender the various other parts that are simpler and wont be seen.

Anyways,lets throw this out there. And happy new year!

Good to see you are succeeding in keeping the M.S. in check, that takes an enormous daily effort. Looking forward to seeing more updates on your Dart in 2015!

And good to hear from you David! I hope all is well. Well,maybe there isn't any way around this with a discount code. I did a search on th net,but nothing really applied. Oversized items,lol...

Will be putting in the order soon,barring some advise on where to get this stuff a few bucks cheaper. Probably get some primer with it.

The M.S thing is not just managed anymore. I think I am ever so slowly winning. Hard to keep it in perspective when the feel better factor is so incrementally small on a daily basis you don't notice. But when you think back to 3 years ago,it's "HOLY CRAP"!

Mornings are still rough,but arent everyones? Lol,thats what coffee is for. :cheers:

The last time I bought Sherman skins I got them from rockauto, and had them shipped to my work, saved about $50 if I remember right.

Try www.getallparts.com for your metal. I got 2 quarter skins from them for my Duster, shipped to my home for less than $300. I had promo codes, and the truck shipped for way too cheap ( the automated checkout on their website didn't add the truck freight but they sipped em anyway)
Check them out.
Nice project! Feel good!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Thanks very much gents! I checked out the sheet metal link. There is an immediate savings based on cost alone for the 1/4 panel skin. The patches they have don't cover enough area. And no wheel houses,so it's still Summit for those.

I do have a concern with those 1/4 skins,as they appear wavy in the pictures. Im thinking thier quite thin? How were your Duster skins quality Dusterdaddy?

I have worked with the Sherman 1/4 panels in the past on an off brand X. They were fine.

This isn't going to be a high dollar show car,but I still would go for the middle of the road Sherman part based on experience vs a very thin panel.

I know AMD is king,but it's also expensive. BUT;as far as the wheel houses I don't think there is another option. AMD may be the only supplier.

Good tip on going to Rockauto.com for the 1/4 panel skin,as the same Sherman panel there is $178 compared to Summits $256! Unfortunately no wheel houses at Rockauto.

So shopping around might save me almost $80 on the skin.There is a note on the sherman skin that the marker light hole might need to be altered. I'll get around that by not using that portion,as all thats truly needed on the drivers side is the wheel arch area leading and aft,and lower 1/4 aft. Shopping around for the wheel houses got me nothing,lol. AMD KNOWS they have a corner on the market there...

Well,my mistake. I should have run this through shipping estimates on both sights.Summit total with shipping on 1/4 panel is $347,and rockauto is $384. Reason being the Summit total has no delivery or handling charges. Sherman panel on both quotes.

O.K done deal. Ordered from Sumit,will be drop shipped in a week or so. Stock issues may arise of course (hope not). Primer was an issue. Everything Sumit has cannot be shipped internationally, lol... So Im going to have to get something here in Canada. I need some epoxy and some high build. Any suggestions? And please don't say Lordco lol. Those guys are budget killers...

Well guys another update. I kinda forgot to share this. The 360 is now gone,sold to a local guy about 30 minutes away. It's going in an A body...

As for me,Im getting better again,but have learned so much from my return to work failure. Still working on things,but focusing on the microbiome of the gut,or small intestine.

The more probiotics I intake,the better I feel. Interesting ....

I have a purchase planned for my Dart. I want to get both outer wheel houses (AMD products) and a left 1/4 panel skin (Sherman) from Summit. The total is about $656. Im hoping someone can help with a discount code for Summit. Shipping these is oversize,so I don't think a free shipping offer will apply. I am also looking for primer etc. Dont want to slap on fresh sheet metal without immediately primering at the least.

These pieces will complete the outer skin structure. I can hand fab in my bender the various other parts that are simpler and wont be seen.

Anyways,lets throw this out there. And happy new year!
Happy new year man!
Stoked that you found a buyer for the 360. I just picked one up to drop in my dart. Got the truck oil pan on it though (just like on yours). You wouldn't happen to have a center-sump pan for that block kicking around, would you?

-
Back