Project Plain Jane

-
Defintely a good idea Cliff. Gotta get rid of the amp gauge as well and do that bypass mod.

Got out to the frozen garage today and managed to take a pic of the damaged wiring. I took a 1 000 000 candle power spotlight which died after 30 seconds,grrrr!

Have to recharge the dumb thing.
I did get some pics before chickening out and running back inside.

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

Not sure which pic is better so I'll put em both up!

Me and a friend got a ton of stuff off the car today. Mainly because I was the assistant,lol. Im just real slow at everything. Oh well!

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

Productive day and Im exhausted. Need some afternoon coffee!

Im leaving it as a roller and therefore am leaving the braking system in place as well.

Theres more to come yet...

Great to see you working on your car again. Looks like you made good headway there.

Like I said Cliff,I stayed out of the way and let my buddy Joe turn all the wrenches this time,lol! I did some things,like heating up stubborn nuts on those gas tank straps. Man if you ever have those stuck,dont torque em as they'll just twist. I managed to save em by heat and quench,rapidly expanded and contracted the nut. Snow is an awesome quencher!

I think it's great that you have a friend close by that can help. Doesn't matter how much you did or what you did. The fact remains you are there doing what you can.

Thanks Cliff! My helper is Joey. He is 34,and I've known him since he was 17 or so. His father is in a power wheel chair,and Joey himself is a very high functioning handicap whome I used to coach in special olympics events (yes,I and the wife coached special "O" before we had kids).

Joe is a really nice guy. My kids adore him,my dog abosolutely loves him and I look forward to seeing him. He is one of those permanently happy folks,and always cheers me up.It's impossible to be down when Joe is around!

He is also enormously strong and I have yet to break out the air tools with him around! My weak hands fail at almost every nut I try to get out,very frustrating. I always end up cheating with air tools or the like.Not so JOE!

Thanks Cliff! My helper is Joey. He is 34,and I've known him since he was 17 or so. His father is in a power wheel chair,and Joey himself is a very high functioning handicap whome I used to coach in special olympics events (yes,I and the wife coached special "O" before we had kids).

Joe is a really nice guy. My kids adore him,my dog abosolutely loves him and I look forward to seeing him. He is one of those permanently happy folks,and always cheers me up.It's impossible to be down when Joe is around!

He is also enormously strong and I have yet to break out the air tools with him around! My weak hands fail at almost every nut I try to get out,very frustrating. I always end up cheating with air tools or the like.Not so JOE!

I remember Special Olympics years ago our Explorer Troop would volunteer at all the events we were allowed. A great time and I will never forget. am glad you have some great help.

This is a great thread. Very inspiring! My car has been sitting outside in the sun and the rain and the wind for 3 years. When I got laid off 3 years ago I ran out of money to work on it, to run it, it just sat. And even after I found more work, every morning when i'd leave the house i'd see it slowly degrade, rusting near the trimwork, by the firewall where the air enters the vents, the tires blowing out from getting brittle in the sun. I used to get so depressed, because this used to be a garage-kept car, and when I first started driving it in 1992, it was CHERRY.

Your work is so much more extensive, and yet you keep on trucking. I have so much respect for all of you who bring back old cars to life. Thank you for posting this.

Thanks very much! It's so great to get encouragement for this ! It's a huge uphill battle for me,but one I am certain to win. One sloooow step at a time,lol...

Hopefully Joe will show up this weekend and we can get some more work done!

Damn! Got some more done yesterday but forgot the pics!
. We pulled some smaller items off,drivers side mirror,windshield washer fluid jug and battery tray with support bracket.
Pulled parts are sitting in my shop.

A few more mior items to come out and I will start scraping off undercoating

Here's what we pulled a few days ago...

IMG_2600.jpg

Cracked one of the wiper blade post mounts. Was jambed on there hard!!! Lucky to get it off period!

IMG_2601.jpg

Hey Bud! I figured you for cruising lots in that nifty little wagon that turned out so well.

Yep,Im hanging in there despite the odds. Taking a new testosterone boosting drug and Im starting to see signs of it helping. Im not utterly exhausted any more!!!

Aiming for spring to have the Dart stripped down and it's looking good!

Jesus Paul your leaving no bolt unturned in your build too I see :goodman:

Looks like your working on it in a "tomb" though :salut::thumleft:

:supz: Tis the tomb of dead jane,lol.. sure is cold in there this time of year. All cement garage on the side of a mountain. BRRRRR:evil:

Thought I would test out Badart's brilliant Jbar/rad support bar. There's lot's of extra material so just need to trim it up and weld it in. The old rad support will come out,it's nearly useless anyway's.

IMG_2826.jpg

Im getting wood just looking at this slick setup!

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

John includes lot's of heavy gauge bracket/plating material,so welding it up to your Dart should'nt require any extra steel unless ya got lot's o rust

I really dig this!

Yep,they'll clear no problem! Badart make these,but the original idea belonged to xv motorsports. They have some cool vid's of moparflex before and after installing thier product's.These things really work! Coupled with frame connectors and a cage,Im going to have a pretty stiff mopar.

Nothing to add to this thread as far as my Dart go's,but on a personal note I am concentrating on my health. I made a huge diet change and am now gluten and dairy free.No grains either. It's basically a paleolithic diet. It forces you to make better choices as far as food go's,and has really reduced my multiple sclerosis symptoms.

I want to build my own car,but being so sick it was looking like mission impossible.

Today I played catch with my daughter in the park for an hour,and I can see myself actually doing more,far more. I am considering picking up hunting next spring,at least for small game and birds. Not enough strength to pull a deer out yet,but things are coming along nicely!! EVERY symptom I have is GREATLY reduced. I just need to stick to the game plan.

I liken myself to someone who has had a major disease like cancer,went for the treatment and is now recouperating. I am weak,but gaining strength every day!I have also lost an amazing 40lb's...

It's very depressing being told you have M.S,because modern medicine has no real treatment or cure,only symptom management. So the mental game is a huge part of it.Science has researched into the cause of M.S for 60 yrs thinking it was a virus,yet they havent managed to prove it is a virus in 60 yrs? HIV was proven to be a virus very quickly. So it's kind of frustrating to see money being wasted when there are things like the liberation treatment being ignored,or this paleo diet which was developed by Dr Terry Wahls,a neurologist with M.S herself. She did the research and experimented with this diet on herself.

18 months later she went back to work.

So I realise that this is waaaay off topic,but this is where I am today. Self healing...because no-one had a better option. Other than me letting myself slide into oblivion and get buried in my Dart.

You want to know the best part? I AM GETTING BETTER!!!!!! MUCH BETTER!

The dart is on a back burner for now. But I would bet $$ that I will be back on it within a yr.

Oh,thanks for asking by the way!

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. You have a great attitude and sounds like you are progressing in ways more significant than the Dart. Hang in there man! Here's hoping that you continue to improve and feel even better!

-
Back