Project Plain Jane

-
wow, what a cool build, and a great story to go along with it. i look forward to watching your build. i cant wait till the day you get to drive it again with your wife. just make sure you guys get along. or else jane will make sure you guys dont go anywhere until you do.:-D

Your right,she will!

She had a good heart,but now she's getting a much bigger stronger one...

Im 3/4 sanded on the garage door. I want to get primer /paint on it before the snow flies,so Im dropping all else until it's done. Wont take but 10 minutes to spray it.We've had a good cold snap here this week and Im getting nervous.

Just white for now,until the wife decides on the trim color for the house etc.

Instead if a "body in white" I'll have a garage in white,lol.

Those valves will be the last pieces I get from the local mopar dealership.At $25 for each one,I cant afford to shop there. I know damn well that exhaust valves are always cheaper,but the counter prick is just that.A prick.

Well,I stripped all the paint and then belt sanded the whole door with 50 grit.

Then I cut in the outer edges and around the hasps with ppg seal grip primer. Then I sprayed the rest of the door with my automotive primer gun in ppg seal grip.

Will need another coat before winter hits us,but it looks one hell of a lot better!
DSCF4445.jpg

DSCF4448.jpg

Second coat hit the door yesterday and I'll do a third today if Im up to it. The nice thing is the paint gun throws it on in less than 10 minutes. Then because I have to thin it down too much I get runs,but I just brush em out after spraying.

The door has 3 coats. A top coat would be nice but I have to convince the wife to go look at colors.

I finally got the heads out to the machinist. He didnt have anything bad to say other than "these are drag race heads,you should think about edelbrocks".I told him if I wanted to be like everyone else,Id drive a Toyota.... He really liked the intake ports,said they needed nothing but thought the exhaust needs a bit of help. Seems to think the angle in the port floor past the guide is steep. Also wants to deshroud the exhaust valve more. This I agree with. The angle of the floor in the bowl isnt too bad,especially seeing that the port itself is quite tall and max wedge width.I think the guides need to be shortened 1/8" or so. They are kinda tall.

Well,I did get a coat of basic white outdoor paint on it. So it is safe for the winter.

Chrisf is sending a hood scoop down the line for me. I'll trial fit it and take some pics.

Havent done anything to Jane lately. Just out of steam. Pain issues have held me up for a while now,but Im dealing with those.

I think I'll lay Jane aside for the winter as I need to build a blasting cabinet and a pressurised blaster this winter. Getting sick of always sweeping up after a blasting job,lol!

So when I get feeling better I'll build the cabinet.Already have most of the material!

I did buy a new set of wheels a couple weeks ago.

3 guesses as to what it is!

is it a smart car?

Ryan wasnt here to get the scoop so i will send it next time he is around, should be next weekend i think.

i got a line on a bigger blast cabinet today this one is alot bigger than my other one. hopefully i can get it and do my soda blasting in there too, can't imagine how dusty reused soda will be though.lol I will keep one for glass and one for soda

Hey Paul, concerning your question;"Did you notice anything unusual?" BB heads were not origionally angle plug; and the other guess, the right cyl. appears to have been worked on; which I would consider rare for a new out of the box head. Also you may have to change your avitar, with this change. Good luck with your pain issues and God bless you. Wayne

is it a smart car?

Ryan wasnt here to get the scoop so i will send it next time he is around, should be next weekend i think.

i got a line on a bigger blast cabinet today this one is alot bigger than my other one. hopefully i can get it and do my soda blasting in there too, can't imagine how dusty reused soda will be though.lol I will keep one for glass and one for soda

A smart car? BLAHHHH... first X,hehe

The head has had cnc machining to one intake and one exhaust,yes and does have angle plugs.

Hey Paul, concerning your question;"Did you notice anything unusual?" BB heads were not origionally angle plug; and the other guess, the right cyl. appears to have been worked on; which I would consider rare for a new out of the box head. Also you may have to change your avitar, with this change. Good luck with your pain issues and God bless you. Wayne

Thanks. Pain is up and down all the time these days.

is it a smart car?

Cool.No big rush on the scoop.

Sounds like you are getting your ducks in a row with the blasting business!

Thats the focus. It will be a street/strip car with emphasis on strip. However,to keep it streetable it will be lighter and detuned most of the time.

I have an interesting idea for induction that may help street manners a bunch too. I need about 1100 cfm for the track but to make it manageable on the street Im thinking of more than one carb (ie; a pair of 600 cfm?). I'll run into hood clearance issues with the tunnel ram though.

pssssssst. i have a idea. then you can stay underhood a small carb and kick some MAJOR ***!!

turbo.jpg

Hmmmm,1100 h.p twin turbo 451? And docile enough for the street..

Blowing through stage VI heads...

Heres a pic just to update this thread...

stageVI1.jpg

I was bored...heres another.

stageVI.jpg

Just looking at them is inspiring:cheers:. I had them in the living room until the wife got grumpy,lol.Then we had a discution..:argue:

Hey thier clean,brand new parts!! I fail to see the problem?:dontknow:

I told her I wanted to put them on the supper table and take some pics:poke:

Not much! I've been working on a house project and it's pretty big.Lots of cement to pour and I have family coming to help with it,thank God!

I've also been contemplating the dang blasting cabinet here and there.I did end up buying a piano hinge for the lid and some plexiglass as well.Should be done soon! It will get done faster once the cement is done,lol!

Nothing. Have too many projects around the house and no energy for those either,lol!

Right now I have to finish welding exhaust on my truck and then build a new hot water line for the house. Has the old galvanized pipe and pretty clogged with rust so we dont get much hot water from the shower head.

I did get sleeves made up for my blasting cabinet this year! Does that count,lol?

haha!

Works for me. I know it is sometimes quite a while before I pop up with any progress.

Heres the stock 187 pan I got from chrisf Thanks BUD!

Attachments

• 187 bb oil pan.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,153
-
Back