Project Riddler's Ride - 1976 Plymouth Duster

-
Finally if anyone needs new sockets for the front marker lights on a 73-76 grill. A pair of 95-99 Dodge Neon sockets clip right into the grill markers. This changes the bulbs to 1156/1157 which are brighter and better.
View attachment 1714920245

Riddler
Just to avoid confusion, those lamp sockets are for 30/3156 & 30/3157 style bulbs to the unfamiliar,................
Project looks great Dude! High School friend still has His 1st car, '76 Poncho TA 400 4spd, Charcoal Gray for years, headers,side-pipes & an L88 cowl ind hood!! Lol! He
repainted it Blue,....looked much better Charcoal! The mill had pop-ups, not sure the actual squeeze but it was a runner! Seeing that color brings back memories!
Look forward to seeing Your ride rollin'!!

Must be lost in translation.....that's cheese sandwiches....HemiMark favorite.

I'm sure he will enjoy hearing that.......

All kiddin aside....I hope you can make it. I know you will not have a problem at the border.

I'm sure he will enjoy hearing that.......

All kiddin aside....I hope you can make it. I know you will not have a problem at the border.

No that's not something I worry about. :) Here's hoping I can get everything done. My goal right now it to get the car done for March 4 which is Autorama Detroit.

Riddler

Bumpers are painted!! Should have the car back this weekend and assembled soon. Still need to get door panels, headliner and seats done!

Wife bought me these floormats for my birthday. She's a keeper!

Riddler

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

Last edited:

Here's a video showing LS Technologies gas struts working on my 76 Duster. The struts are 12" extended and 8.5" compressed. These are 300lbs due to the weight of a snorkel hood scoop.

Enjoy!

Riddler

Well to be honest these struts are a bit much. There flexing the hinges and pushing up on the hood. I'm hoping to go down to 200lbs on them....

Riddler

Well to be honest these struts are a bit much. There flexing the hinges and pushing up on the hood. I'm hoping to go down to 200lbs on them....

Riddler
Would that be 200 and 300# per pair or per shock?

That's per strut. THe 300 are just a little too much force. I'll be sending mine back to the company to have them adjusted down. I might even do 175. Gotta talk to them.

Riddler

Meh whatever, it happens. The shop already ordered one and hopefully goes in next week. Maybe this time they'll add a bunch of soapy water....

Riddler

Windex for slipperyness works great too....

Windshields and rear glass are a PIA, I have seen it happen to the most experienced. At least it is on their dime which I am positive, THEY are not happy about.

Last edited:
Guess what’s back in my garage? Project Eh-body arrived home yesterday and I was able to put a little work in today.

The white area's are where I need to trim for the parking light sockets. The Neon ones I used fit into the parking light housings but there's not enough room without trimming the core support. No big deal.

I have a tracking number for the hood struts. They have been de-gassed down to 200lbs of force. Which should be what I need.

Front windshield isn't in the car as I have to install the headliner before the windshield goes in. Ordering one up soon.

Putting the front of the car together while I research why the clutch won’t disengage...

Riddler

9B62745F-5F43-4926-AF59-940CA3DC3FA5.jpeg

018C4FDF-0EA9-4D2F-B629-D621DD11DB6B.jpeg

CD78AAB2-AA08-4643-B852-130AF2BF7989.jpeg

Last edited:
Found some more time to assemble the front of the car. Getting everything lined up perfectly took a ton of time.

I added Hemi call outs to the hood scoop as well.

Riddler

7320C9B5-9879-4666-9667-45729A38E7FB.jpeg

25DBEDD1-1677-4661-9B5E-B0B9D955E046.jpeg

0A0E62D8-43C5-4172-A4D8-9760CB3A0736.jpeg

DF3E8854-83A9-4B7E-9B5A-B6E1545C6E47.jpeg

What type of headliner are you using? I used the plastic repop headliner and you can put it in after the windshield is in. If you do use the plastic one, they take some trimming to get it right.

Cley

What type of headliner are you using? I used the plastic repop headliner and you can put it in after the windshield is in. If you do use the plastic one, they take some trimming to get it right.

Cley

I’ll be using the plastic one. I thought I could get it but the shop was adamant it would not. I’m planning to trim it before I have it covered...

Riddler

Mine was covered already. It easily goes through the open door. The old hardboard ones would not but the plastic ones can fit easily cause they bend. Mine shipped to me all rolled up.

Cley

Mine was covered already. It easily goes through the open door. The old hardboard ones would not but the plastic ones can fit easily cause they bend. Mine shipped to me all rolled up.

Cley
Where did you get it?

-
Back