Project Riddler's Ride - 1976 Plymouth Duster

-
I've been keeping this under wraps for a few weeks while working with Shawn Mascol of Mascol Designs.

This is a rendering of the completed look for Project EH-body.

resizefinal.jpg

Riddler

Well I finally got off my butt and opened the rear Wilwood Dyna-lite brakes with parking brakes. Good news is all the parts are there. The bad news is the calipers do not match the fronts. The rears are actually black and the fronts are what Wilwood calls "Platnium". Apparently Wilwood changed to platinum powdercoating for a short period of time and I was lucky enough to get a pair.

Rear are on the top, fronts are bolted on.
IMG_0188.jpg

The good news is, Bill Reilly at Reilly Motorsports Inc., is taking care of me. I've sent the platinum back to him and I'm getting a pair of black ones.

If anyone likes that platnium colour Bill now has a complete set of front and rears.

Riddler

Here's the newest update. I took the rear housing over to Drive Train Specialties in Warren, MI and had them cut down the housing, weld on new ends, weld on the Street Linx parts while it was on a jig and then install the new bolts kit I bought.

I then brought it home, grinded off the welding splatter and other crap and gave the housing a fresh coat of POR15 chassis glass black.

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0918.jpg

Next I'll assemble the rear axle and finish the minitub.

Riddler

Well I finally got off my butt and opened the rear Wilwood Dyna-lite brakes with parking brakes. Good news is all the parts are there. The bad news is the calipers do not match the fronts. The rears are actually black and the fronts are what Wilwood calls "Platnium". Apparently Wilwood changed to platinum powdercoating for a short period of time and I was lucky enough to get a pair.

Rear are on the top, fronts are bolted on.
IMG_0188.jpg

The good news is, Bill Reilly at Reilly Motorsports Inc., is taking care of me. I've sent the platinum back to him and I'm getting a pair of black ones.

If anyone likes that platnium colour Bill now has a complete set of front and rears.

Riddler
I know you swapped out the calipers already, but with those awesome Boze wheels and killer white paint did you ever consider getting some quality caliper paint and changing color to red... that would really jump out and compilment the combo...IMO...its still great work.

Did you spray it on or brush it? it looks smooth. Im thinking of using the POR15 under my duster covered with some lizard skin sound deadner

76orangewagon - I thought about going with red calipers but I had that on my last car and they do stick out a little. With this car I'm hoping for everything to mesh together.

sag - I painted the POR15 on with a foam brush. Using a brush you get a nice thick coat and with the foam brush very smooth.

Riddler

Joe,
Any Updates ??? inquiring minds want to know..I'm still looking for a challenger fuel section, might have to change directions on that....

looking good

i just put up some new pics if you get bored

Oh I've been watching your build sag. I'm a man with few words so I don't always comment unless I see something that I question or must know more about. :)

No real updates lately, life's been kicking my ***. I have a baby on the way in 6 weeks so I've been preparing for that. Also a pipe burst in my basement so I've been remodelling with the help of insurance. We also added a new fireplace down there.

Riddler

Holy Smokes, Joe!!! Fantastic rendering of the finished product. Love the low stance. Awesome.

I'd love to do that to my Demon. Make it a multi-purpose,drive anywhere vehicle. I want to do a max-stroke 340 with twin turbos, 6 speed Viper tranny, 4 wheel Brembo disc brakes, 18" wheels...... and all that other stuff I can't afford. lol

Keep the good work coming.

Wylde1.

I've been keeping this under wraps for a few weeks while working with Shawn Mascol of Mascol Designs.

This is a rendering of the completed look for Project EH-body.

resizefinal.jpg

Riddler

Riddler I am blown away by your build. I sure would like to see more.

I'd love to be working on it some more, but my wife and I are expecting our babby any day now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to assemble that rear axle and then put it under the car and roll it out.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!

Crosses fingers.

-
Back