proud daddy... :)

-
Outstanding!

'Wreaths Across America' is a great program. Our club (Inland Mopars) purchases wreaths for our member's families that are interred at Riverside National Cemetery (SoCal). I was out at RNC this morning to pick up the wreaths and then we distributed them direct to the gravesites.
Unfortunately, the coverage of gravesites is not as great as 'A Flag For Every Hero' on Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

She's a great American!!! Raised by a great American. It does my heart good when I see young people serving others.

getting away from sea cadets a bit. i forgot to mention that in september she started her freshman year in high school. she decided to go to a technical high school and is taking welding shop (along with all honors classes). so far she loves it. she has two other female freshman in that welding shop. the two instructors seem to really like the girls being there. sound like they are leading the way too, which is pretty cool.. the freshman boys are playing catch up..lol. the three girls seem to have a goal of out doing the boys in shop with them and if the other two are anything like rylee, the will not allow anything to get in their way of what they want to do.. its pretty cool to see.

she also made the volleyball team (never payed before) and when that season was finished she tried out and made the basketball team. i was joking with her basketball coach and said if she gets out of line to just smack her arouns a bit. he says , are you kidding? she is my tasmanian devil out there. i love her on defense..lol being a feshman with not a lot of experience she hasn't gptten too much playimg time but she is determined to kick *** and with actual good coaching now i believe she will thrive.

with all her sports, sea cadets and work (closed for the winter now) she still managed to make honor roll. to say i was impressed is an under statement, she had a rough month in math the first month or so. her middle school did not prepare the kids very well for high school. the math teacher recommended that she drop down out of honors. the counsular talked to rylee. rylee told her that she wanted to stay and that she was getting it. i think rylee took it as a personal attack. she ended up with like a 93 in the class for the first marking period. her comment was "and she wanted me out of her class"...lol. i got a kick out of that.

older generations are so hard on the younger generation. bad mouth the hell out of them.. truth is, that if you look at any generation you'll find go getters and you'll find losers. just the way it is. if they got to spend a day with some of the kids my daughter is around for just aday or a weekend it think they my see the younger generation a little different.

she was all excited about making a rose. i assume they will come home for the girls mothers for Christmas.

IMG_20231217_074740.jpg

IMG_20231217_074756.jpg

IMG_20231217_074811.jpg

IMG_20231217_074825.jpg

IMG_20231217_074848.jpg

Great stuff, Joe! Thanks for the updates. Now tell me something. Will this early training benefit her when and if she decides to join the Navy? As in maybe be able to go in a higher rank?

Great stuff, Joe! Thanks for the updates. Now tell me something. Will this early training benefit her when and if she decides to join the Navy? As in maybe be able to go in a higher rank?
if she decides to join the navy or coast guard after high school (there is no obligation) she can go in as high as an E3 depending on the recommendation of her commander.. so far it looks like most are starting as a E2 that come from her unit.. still good to come out of boot camp at a higher pay rate..:)

her unit has a 90 some percent of kids joining the military, so far all of them said that boot camp was a breeze because they knew what to expect and that they have really already done it all and know what and how things need to get done.. so really even if they get no extra pay they kinda have a head start.

out of the ones that graduated in june. two are in army ranger school, one in marines recon , one a corman in the navy and one in i believe the naval academy,

her one ship mate is active duty national guard since the summer of his junior year of high school.. he found kinda a loop hole to get into west point.. its difficult to get in any of the academys but west point (maybe all i don't know) leaves 80 seats open for active duty cadets. those seats never fully fill up from what i understand. so by him being active duty for almost 2 years before graduating high school gives him a really good chance to get into west point as soon as he is out of high school.. plus he has two years active duty that counts towards everything while still in high school.. its a pretty slick way of doing it..

i figure even if rylee doesn't go into the military that all the experiences and training can only help her in life.

She'll do great whatever direction she goes.

The Air Force also keeps slots open at the Academy for current active duty Airman. I think it's great. I didn't find that out until I became a recruiter or I may have applied (not that I would have been accepted but....).

She'll do great whatever direction she goes.

The Air Force also keeps slots open at the Academy for current active duty Airman. I think it's great. I didn't find that out until I became a recruiter or I may have applied (not that I would have been accepted but....).

thats good to know.

the kid just got back from training.. mom and i got a nice suprise during graduation.. rylee recieved the division honor cadet award.. the adult staf couldn't stop telling us how good she was. they didn't have to tell her what to do, she just did it. never asked why they were doing something, she just did it.. gets a new ribbon for her ribbon rack too.. kid did good..

415577162_10232883689135988_3347038989827074118_n.jpg

DSC_0015.JPG

Honor Cadet 2.jpg

IMG_20231231_113439.jpg

IMG_20231231_113534.jpg

You did a great job man you can tell she is going is a Top Notch independent and straight laced soldier...you should be proud...you deserve too...such ambition!!!

last night was the annual fund rasing banquet for rylee's sea cadet unit. it wa s nice surprise that she was awarded somerhingfrom the daughters of the american revolution. not exactly sure what it is but it will be officially awarded at a dinner in may..

1708876771449.png

1708876792921.png

1708876818536.png

1708876844384.png

1708876854494.png

Daughters of the American Revolution award.jpg

-
Back