Public apology

-
As for me, as I know you were all wondering:

I don't care if you pray to Jesus, or Buddah, Muhammed, The Sun God, Baba Yaga, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I don't care if you're Black, white, yellow, or brown.

I don't care if you're Male, or Female.

I don't care who you are attracted to.

I don't care what your eye colors are.

I do care what your hair color is though.. redheads are evil, in a good and bad way. First hand experience talking, with a red wife.

I'll treat you how you treat me.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt the first time, and probably the second.

The third time I'll kick you in the junk.

Seems people that are truly close to 'god' don't talk about it all that much or show off their faith. I recall my boss giving up hedonism and going Lutheran. She bought a solid gold cross necklace with a big diamond in the center. I thought of Matthew 6:24 and how fake she was.

I wish I could have the raw faith to embrace religion fully. I've noticed people that do seem happy, content and less concerned about the daily grind. Science, logic, and reason prevent me. I think about my paradox all the time. Usually I ponder the answer is logic and reason are a pseudo-religion of their own and really lead nowhere spiritually. Certainly science and technology are not saving the planet or conserving anything. That's how i have learned to think and I cannot change it.

Hope I haven't offended anyone. :)
You think about it and that's a start if it weren't so you wouldn't be struggling. If you want to read logic read the letters from Paul. His thinking and logic are so deep it had to be inspired by a Divine power .. .. and it was. I can answer most your questions with reason and logic from the Bible but this is not what this thread is about.

If it was about the bible, think about it.

Jesus forgave her as soon as she asked forgiveness.

Does being civil involve swearing & name calling where you live?
Hell yeah, it does.
Some people like oatmeal and others like Jalepenos. I like a little spice in my food and my language. What you call cursing, I call endearing. It has been shown that people that curse are often more honest and trustworthy than those that do not.
Most politicians don't curse.....do you trust them??
You are obviously a smart and knowledgeable man. I respect your contributions but on General forum topics, you often come across as very judgemental and borderline Puritanical. You also seem to lack a sense of humor. That is fine until you post your disapproval of others.
It is arrogant to jump in and try to sway the habits of others to meet your moral code. Isn't arrogance a cousin of "Pride", one of the seven deadly sins?

Hell yeah, it does.
Some people like oatmeal and others like Jalepenos. I like a little spice in my food and my language. What you call cursing, I call endearing. It has been shown that people that curse are often more honest and trustworthy than those that do not.
You are obviously a smart and knowledgeable man. I respect your contributions but on General forum topics, you often come across as very judgemental and borderline Puritanical. You also seem to lack a sense of humor. That is fine until you post your disapproval of others.
It is arrogant to jump in and try to sway the habits of others to meet your moral code. Isn't arrogance a cousin of "Pride", one of the seven deadly sins?

I skipped the later 3 pages of this post , its turned into a b.s. and pissing match , much like most others . What happened to car stuff ??

WEll, guys....The general forum is not always JUST about the cars. It is for all topics except politics, right?
I am guilty of sometimes injecting my political beliefs into my posts online. I just slip up and lose focus on the rules and forget. It can be hard when it seems that so many aspects of our daily lives are affected by some idiot politician trying to justify his salary.

I skipped the later 3 pages of this post , its turned into a b.s. and pissing match , much like most others . What happened to car stuff ??

Just set the members that call names & drop f-bombs etc. to 'ignore' & the pure car stuff topics still get along just fine without those people. ;-)

Just set the members that call names & drop f-bombs etc. to 'ignore' & the pure car stuff topics still get along just fine without those people. ;-)
I gotta admit , I get caught up in some peoples stupid remarks about politics -----------

Just click on their user name, then click 'ignore' & POOF! Everything they ever said & will say in the future disappears. It's magical. :)

Hell yeah, it does.

agreed. I was in the military for 24 years, and still work with ex military and retired dudes. I am not sure I can hold a normal job anymore. I would be fired immediately. If I got offended every time someone cursed around or at me.......

Agree with endearment thing, completely. If no one cursed around me I would be worried no one trusted me and I was going to get fired soon.

I had a teacher that would say..."Hey there you little ****!"
Great guy.
I play pranks on friends and they play them back.
"AW, you ******!"....is a common response for us. It is not hateful to us, it is endearing and fun.

My mother was small in statue but a very strong woman, that was quick to tell what she felt about who or whatever. My dad was a very laid back person, quiet, not what you would expect of anyone that went thru WW11 and Korea in USMC Aviation maybe. They both were young adults, Southern farm raised, big families, thru the Great Depression (the real one).
Back when I was in HS and had witnessed mom go off, I asked her if she ever felt like she was just a little quick to tell someone just exactly how she felt in those totally uncertain terms? Maybe just a little hard on their feelings? She just said there as nothing in this world she would not do for family and friends, but, she tells it like she sees it, and if someone wears their feelings on there sleeves.. if they see her coming, maybe they better throw on a big heavy overcoat! ha

when I stepped out of line as a kid , I got orange hot wheels race track folded in half across the ***. I also got the belt with the metal loops . those things would leave marks. 9 times out of 10 it straightened me up. these days people go to jail for that. I was also forced into religion. not just one type but several. all that paid off. as an adult I learned to separate what is logical and what is pure speculation. I live in the real world unlike half or even 3/4 of the population. if one wanted to ,, and they do,,, you could find something offensive every 5 minutes . that's not living,, that is hating your own life and finding fault with everything and everyone around you.

Mom said" "Never trust anyone that dos not drink coffee!"

She also said, Cuss all you want, just do not use the Lord's name in vane!"

She also said, "Say that again and you WILL be picking your teeth up of the floor!

Mom said: " I don't know if the religion I chose or maybe it chose me, is right or wrong, I don't confess to understand but a little of it all, I just know my faith that there is a Creator gives me the faith to live each day>"

Dad said: "I understand you found out the ole '59 Chevy will top out at 115>"

I know I used it before but This might fit here ........
4D005D3B-E3EC-4014-84DC-02CE9A30A1BE.jpeg

I didn't see that, who said that

I did, as a conclusion to my reply and mainly as an outright in-your-face example of how your original post could have been turned around on you.

"Imagine if Dylan's next video was titled 'How I Found Out Rainy On FABO Was Really A 43-Year Old Guy.'"

It's not very complimentary, is it?

I appreciate you trying to smooth out the rapids here kiddo but keep a couple things in mind. You cannot unring a bell. People have thinner skins than they used to. The Mopar Community is generally a very tight-knit family, and secrets are hard to keep.

If someone compared me to Marlene O'Hara I would feel flattered. If it was a comparison to Lucille Ball though I'd show up and kick your ***.

The internet is forever. Above all else, think before you type. We all should.

I did, as a conclusion to my reply and mainly as an outright in-your-face example of how your original post could have been turned around on you.

"Imagine if Dylan's next video was titled 'How I Found Out Rainy On FABO Was Really A 43-Year Old Guy.'"

It's not very complimentary, is it?

I appreciate you trying to smooth out the rapids here kiddo but keep a couple things in mind. You cannot unring a bell. People have thinner skins than they used to. The Mopar Community is generally a very tight-knit family, and secrets are hard to keep.

If someone compared me to Marlene O'Hara I would feel flattered. If it was a comparison to Lucille Ball though I'd show up and kick your ***.

The internet is forever. Above all else, think before you type. We all should.

Plane an simple, Your post was an attack on Rani.
As for being called Lucille Ball you should be so lucky.

Dang.

Lucy was loved by people all over the world.

She was truly an amazing lady & she is missed.

I would be very surprised if she had ever used the internet to insult people, she had class.

when I stepped out of line as a kid , I got orange hot wheels race track folded in half across the ***. I also got the belt with the metal loops . those things would leave marks. 9 times out of 10 it straightened me up. these days people go to jail for that. I was also forced into religion. not just one type but several. all that paid off. as an adult I learned to separate what is logical and what is pure speculation. I live in the real world unlike half or even 3/4 of the population. if one wanted to ,, and they do,,, you could find something offensive every 5 minutes . that's not living,, that is hating your own life and finding fault with everything and everyone around you.
I got hot wheels track one time. Holy pain.. I kept that stuff out of mom's sight after that, lol.

I got hot wheels track one time. Holy pain.. I kept that stuff out of mom's sight after that, lol.
LOL, those things were no joke , they would sting for a minute or 2 , especially on bare skin ! they gradually disappeared out of sight lol

-
Back