Public apology

-
So, as I understand this, the OP thought she had offended some by starting a thread that turned offensive to some and not offensive to others. She did not intend to offend anyone so she asked for the offensive thread to be removed so that any offence insinuated would no longer be part of her originally unoffensive thread. Then she offered a public apology to any whom she may have offended. Now some are offended that the offensive thread was removed because they either were offended or weren’t offended in the original offensive thread?
Now that we are all equally offended or not offended, can we accept the apology as a humble act by a respectful person?

PS: The thread would have ended up in the trash or the political forum as that’s where it was heading by discussing the two topics that seemed to be doing the offending.......or not offending, whichever the case may be. :realcrazy::)

No offence intended.

Last edited:
I read post #1 and none of the rest but I can't see that an apology of any kind is called for here. The problem is -------------------oh well never mind--------------------

Wow what did i miss?

I read few jokes, "tripod".. hilarious spin!

Why is being anti gay a problem.

I'm also anti chevy, anti democrat,anti cottage cheese, anti Lima bean, anti crime, anti douchebag , anti...

It's called choice, and when the death of unborn kids is also called choice aka pro choice...and that's okay and protected.... well I guess it's time for the whiny gaylords to stfu....of course not unless they think butt sex is more important than a child life.

This world is **** anymore, so please... be offended as much as you can, just dont be shocked by it.

WoW...Cabin fever anyone ?
Its Rani's post, she should be able to do what ever she feels right with it. Hopefully if Dylan McCool has seen it, he can just have a little chuckle and move on. He's a cool Mopar kid, one who I would like to hang out with. :)

Do these meme's lighten up the conversation, or is someone going to blow a fuse by them?
upload_2017-8-23_9-52-36.png

8787_1545132819142848_3344567305876668503_n.jpg

13413145_1330822576932341_5585275713164427645_n.jpg

18194601_10155281028508588_2131905265550025165_n.jpg

67470230_1285781434919011_6155887015159136256_n.jpg

79081796_436380533703085_670198336229212160_n.jpg

I agree with almost everything here.

I don't get offended very easy, It's not easy being in a hobby dominated by the opposite sex and getting through auto school with a bunch of jerks, builds thick skin.

I do feel bad if I think I hurt someone else. The times I have been mean to others (it's happened) I felt bad later and felt like an ***. I don't see that as being a snowflake to feel bad for others but it just happens.

I also think 4spdragtop is a decent person, I have bought parts from him before and he was a lot of fun on the site over the years.
Moi?

WoW...Cabin fever anyone ?
Its Rani's post, she should be able to do what ever she feels right with it. Hopefully if Dylan McCool has seen it, he can just have a little chuckle and move on. He's a cool Mopar kid, one who I would like to hang out with. :)
Lol take up your own cause. No one is bagging on rainy anyways, it's just unnecessary to apologize to anyone... if people here really think each of is actually going out their way trying to insult other members with words or anything else..they're perspective is **** eyed..or they're talking about krazykuda,jpar,cookietruck, and the other 3 ...lol but for the most part we trying to help, learn, share and aren't in competition.

Last edited:
I'll say this.......

When the F-bombers, haters & name callers are set to 'ignore' this thread has a lot less to read. :)

The only people that come to any car forum to see garbage like that somehow feel they need to stack the garbage pile deeper.

That is sad.

Can we get back to talking about cars?

I like Rani tons of knowledge there and she is a up front person. This thread was meant to be a apology if anything.

I might stand corrected, certain bashing of others were indeed in Rani’s first post. I have a feeling there wasn’t enough time for someone to counter the snide remarks before the thread was deleted. I am sure Rani’s decision to delete the post is good on her part, but not everything got swept up…..

So, as I understand this, the OP thought she had offended some by starting a thread that turned offensive to some and not offensive to others. She did not intend to offend anyone so she asked for the offensive thread to be removed so that any offence insinuated would no longer be part of her originally unoffensive thread. Then she offered a public apology to any whom she may have offended. Now some are offended that the offensive thread was removed because they either were offended or weren’t offended in the original offensive thread?
Now that we are all equally offended or not offended, can we accept the apology as a humble act by a respectful person?

PS: The thread would have ended up in the trash or the political forum as that’s where it was heading by discussing the two topics that seemed to be doing the offending.......or not offending, whichever the case may be. :realcrazy::)

No offence intended.
this is by far the best post out of both threads. I find it not only unoffendingly offensive , but extremely neutral in context. if anyone found that post offensive, they should still shoot themselves.
..p.s. same goes with mine LOL

Last edited:
Wow what did i miss?

I read few jokes, "tripod".. hilarious spin!

Why is being anti gay a problem.

I'm also anti chevy, anti democrat,anti cottage cheese, anti Lima bean, anti crime, anti douchebag , anti...

It's called choice, and when the death of unborn kids is also called choice aka pro choice...and that's okay and protected.... well I guess it's time for the whiny gaylords to stfu....of course not unless they think butt sex is more important than a child life.

This world is **** anymore, so please... be offended as much as you can, just dont be shocked by it.

You must understand I had moved up from Alabama to Illinois and started my freshman year in high school. So I had this terrible fear of being hung.

I would be out at some social function and some of the guys would look at me and say "Rope."

You must understand I had moved up from Alabama to Illinois and started my freshman year in high school. So I had this terrible fear of being hung.

I would be out at some social function and some of the guys would look at me and say "Rope."

I moved to Missouri from SW Georgia at age 31. I was just a tall long gut with ears. I had a very strong Southern accent. Missouri was a Civil War border state, so plenty of sentiment for both causes. It was more than a few times, I was told by someone, they hate Southerners. I simple replied, "I apologize to no one for my Southern upbringing, bring it on if you like, won't be the first time I have had my *** whipped. Mon did it first and the most. By the way, I then told the guy my mom looked like a worse badass!" ha
I had been bucked off, stomped on, run over, by horses and cattle, what is a little fistfight?

I moved to Missouri from SW Georgia at age 31. I was just a tall long gut with ears. I had a very strong Southern accent. Missouri was a Civil War border state, so plenty of sentiment for both causes. It was more than a few times, I was told by someone, they hate Southerners. I simple replied, "I apologize to no one for my Southern upbringing, bring it on if you like, won't be the first time I have had my *** whipped. Mon did it first and the most. By the way, I then told the guy my mom looked like a worse badass!" ha
I had been bucked off, stomped on, run over, by horses and cattle, what is a little fistfight?
Fist fights offend me. They are a vulgar display of unnecessary violence. A breakdown of human civility if you will. An inhuman public example of man's evilness and unkindness and misunderstanding.

Seriously I wish more differences were settled this way. No one ever dies in a fistfight and possibly mutual respect might ensue.

No offence intended.
Wait! This offends me!

I think.

Were you saying the first post offended someone, who in turn offended someone else? Or, did the second post offend someone in the first post, who was offended by something said in the second post?

Damn, I need some graph paper, colored pencils, some silly putty, a blue sharpie, a protractor, a magic 8-ball, some raccoon entrails, and some electrical tape, and a case of beer and two shots of Jack to figure this out.

I'll report back on my findings.

I've always been out spoken . I say what's on my mind . I try and look at all sides before commenting I'm not always right but if you come at me your going to get both barrels. That being said , I'm a Christian can't say I always act that way but I try. I'm not going to get into a religious rant. The definition of Christi on is to be Christ like. We all fall short this is not an excuse its a fact , you don't get a halo just because you become a Christian.
Its a life long battle. As far as Jews go
I am a partner with the Jewish community through a group called for Christians and Jews. I have been supporting the Jewish community for over 30 yes. Rani did the right thing she need not apologize . She's a better person then most on here.

Agree 100%, zigs. And thanks for saying what you did. It needed saying and I can tell that you're a standup guy.

My wife and quite a few extended family members on both sides are Christian. We observe both Christmas and Chanukah in our home and yes, we consider ourselves to be observant in our respective chosen faiths.

In my view, everyone has the right to worship or not worship as they choose. Live and let live. The only thing along those lines that really ticks me off are the folks who try and push their ways on myself or others. And that includes those who have a hard on for anyone who believes in G-d and go out of their way to insult others who do. Them, I relegate to my very short 'Ignore List'. Life's too short to let folks like that live rent free in our heads.

A very Merry (extended) Christmas to yourself and to all here,

Harry

Currently society is pushing for feelings to matter more than facts. Pick your subject-history, sexes(made up or not), politics. And there is a push by people to be offended for others, even if they were not offended.

It is sad and will result in a decline of our country(and others) as it continues.

My ex wife had some gay friends when she was in nursing school, nothing made me laugh more than when they called each other **** and such. Pretty cool bunch actually. And they were not offended easily.

Agree 100%, zigs. And thanks for saying what you did. It needed saying and I can tell that you're a standup guy.

My wife and quite a few extended family members on both sides are Christian. We observe both Christmas and Chanukah in our home and yes, we consider ourselves to be observant in our respective chosen faiths.

In my view, everyone has the right to worship or not worship as they choose. Live and let live. The only thing along those lines that really ticks me off are the folks who try and push their ways on myself or others. And that includes those who have a hard on for anyone who believes in G-d and go out of their way to insult others who do. Them, I relegate to my very short 'Ignore List'. Life's too short to let folks like that live rent free in our heads.

A very Merry (extended) Christmas to yourself and to all here,

Harry
Seems people that are truly close to 'god' don't talk about it all that much or show off their faith. I recall my boss giving up hedonism and going Lutheran. She bought a solid gold cross necklace with a big diamond in the center. I thought of Matthew 6:24 and how fake she was.

I wish I could have the raw faith to embrace religion fully. I've noticed people that do seem happy, content and less concerned about the daily grind. Science, logic, and reason prevent me. I think about my paradox all the time. Usually I ponder the answer is logic and reason are a pseudo-religion of their own and really lead nowhere spiritually. Certainly science and technology are not saving the planet or conserving anything. That's how i have learned to think and I cannot change it.

Hope I haven't offended anyone. :)

Last edited:
-
Back