Public apology

-
There are some black hearts on here. You, are not one of them. It's in the wind and gone. :)

Thank you. I am very sensitive when it comes to people not agreeing with my views or ideas or beliefs or suggestions.
I try not to hold their black heartedness against me. Thank you for your kind thoughts. But this is not really about me anymore.
It's about all of us sensitive individuals that were attacked when the thread got twisted.
We must let it go so the healing can begin.

Merry Christmas

There were differing opinions and words exchanged, religion once again came up, I mentioned the LGBQT community and how thoughtful she(Ellen) was. Kindness apparently doesn't matter to some religious people if you are gay.
Rani then decided that the thread should be deleted??
SOOOOOO NO snowflake comments from anyone. AND for the comment where "someone must have raised a pussy"
Flip that around....a comment offends someone so that means the person offended is a pussy? Really?
Maybe the other person is an ignorant asshole?
Like I said RANI pulled the plug lol.
Bring the thread back, I'm all for it.

There were differing opinions and words exchanged, religion once again came up, I mentioned the LGBQT community and how thoughtful she(Ellen) was. Kindness apparently doesn't matter to some religious people if you are gay.
Rani then decided that the thread should be deleted??
SOOOOOO NO snowflake comments from anyone. AND for the comment where "someone must have raised a pussy"
Flip that around....a comment offends someone so that means the person offended is a pussy? Really?
Maybe the other person is an ignorant asshole?
Like I said RANI pulled the plug lol.
Bring the thread back, I'm all for it.

Yea, I pulled the plug and I would again, and I'm also never starting another thread like that again.

Why?

Because I felt like an asshole for making fun of someone. Especially after i thought that he could be a member here.

You think whatever you want. Why don't you start the thread again to make fun of the same person??

What seems like a good laugh, could stab like a sword to someone else. It's not about being a snowflake or that, it has everything to do with being rude. I was and I learned from it.

You go ahead and restart the thread but you do it because I am not going to be the one who gets a laugh at someone else's expense. I did it once and it wasn't that funny after and didn't feel good to feel like an ***.

All the questions surrounding the thread that YOU started and you want me to start A NEW one?? It was your thoughts and ideas and some religious fanatics lol. Lol....yer completely missing the point.
Yea, I pulled the plug and I would again, and I'm also never starting another thread like that again.

Why?

Because I felt like an asshole for making fun of someone. Especially after i thought that he could be a member here.

You think whatever you want. Why don't you start the thread again to make fun of the same person??

What seems like a good laugh, could stab like a sword to someone else. It's not about being a snowflake or that, it has everything to do with being rude. I was and I learned from it.

You go ahead and restart the thread but you do it because I am not going to be the one who gets a laugh at someone else's expense. I did it once and it wasn't that funny after and didn't feel good to feel like an ***.

All the questions surrounding the thread that YOU started and you want me to start A NEW one?? It was your thoughts and ideas and some religious fanatics lol. Lol....yer completely missing the point.

I think your missing Rani's point.
A thread took off in the wrong direction and so she decided to stop it and I applaud her for it. She wanted it dropped so why don't you drop it.

Not missing Ranis point, but I'll just sit here with my popcorn. :popcorn:
I think your missing Rani's point.
A thread took off in the wrong direction and so she decided to stop it and I applaud her for it. She wanted it dropped so why don't you drop it.

the net is serious and deep
three-stooges-300x180.jpg

Honestly no one likes getting old but I’m glad I lived in a time where we didn’t have to watch every little thing we said or did in fear of offending someone. 33 years as s Millwright in a steel mill we did and said some crazy stuff. Heck I showered with 18 other naked guys and at least another 12 waiting to get in to shower. The weak could never survive that yet alone what we did on a 8-16 hour workday.
I am not one to shy away from a fight or from saying what is on my mind.'While I appreciate the OPs polite intentions in this post, for ME, I feel that this is completely UNnecessary. Jokes are jokes, people. The touchy-feely snowflake crowd is what they are BECAUSE they grew up sheltered from everything. Screw that. Let the kids pet the angry cat and get swatted. Let them climb a tree and fall out. Setbacks in life develop character AND problem solving abilities just like eating a little dirt and bacteria makes our immune systems more resistant to infections. Ever wonder why there are so many people with allergies now? How about the huge increase in societal political division? Too many people have NOT developed a healthy level of problem solving skills.
Life isn't fair. People need to be MORE exposed to the inequities so that they can be prepared for them. Jokes are jokes. They are meant to be a parody of something real. Making a comment that Dylan McCool resembles someone else most people here have seen was funny to me. Why? Because I am not some easily triggered, limp wristed pansy that only lives to be offended. I am a man that likes to laugh at almost everything...including myself.

Why?

Don't let it bother you girl ! You didnt mean any harm !

I am not one to shy away from a fight or from saying what is on my mind.'While I appreciate the OPs polite intentions in this post, for ME, I feel that this is completely UNnecessary. Jokes are jokes, people. The touchy-feely snowflake crowd is what they are BECAUSE they grew up sheltered from everything. Screw that. Let the kids pet the angry cat and get swatted. Let them climb a tree and fall out. Setbacks in life develop character AND problem solving abilities just like eating a little dirt and bacteria makes our immune systems more resistant to infections. Ever wonder why there are so many people with allergies now? How about the huge increase in societal political division? Too many people have NOT developed a healthy level of problem solving skills.
Life isn't fair. People need to be MORE exposed to the inequities so that they can be prepared for them. Jokes are jokes. They are meant to be a parody of something real. Making a comment that Dylan McCool resembles someone else most people here have seen was funny to me. Why? Because I am not some easily triggered, limp wristed pansy that only lives to be offended. I am a man that likes to laugh at almost everything...including myself.
Did you grow up on my block?

I grew up in a family with 4 kids. We rode bikes, built forts, picked on kids and sometimes got our asses kicked for it. We learned limits. We learned compassion for others. WE learned respect for authority and family. We also teased each other and laughed a lot. I regret nothing.

Sounds like how I grew up
Me too. We played cowboys and Indians , now you can't even say Indian.
We played in the dirt , slept outside , got into rock fights. We were one of the few Protestant families in mostly Catholic city so you can imagine . I grew up tough and learned to take things with a grain of salt.

Me too. We played cowboys and Indians , now you can't even say Indian.

We played in the dirt , slept outside , got into rock fights. We were one of the few Protestant families in mostly Catholic city so you can imagine . I grew up tough and learned to take things with a grain of salt.

Same here, zigs! Except in our case, Mom and Sis and I were the only Jews in a small Texas town and we lived only a short distance from the regional Ku Klux Klan headquarters. Sis and I maintained a low profile as we were told to do. I had my Dad's Irish surname and Sis had Step-dad's French surname, but after a while, they figured it out anyway. If I had a nickle for every time 3 or 4 older, larger kids jumped me on the way to or from school, I'd have my car finished already.

My Step-dad was from an old Creole French family in Louisiana and had a lot of Caddo Indian in him. Olive complexion. The Ku Kluxers weren't very happy about him, either.

One day when I was 11 or 12, the Ku Kluxers brought a wooden cross and a can of gas onto our front lawn. I was standing in our driveway at the corner of our house and could see that there were 3 or 4 truckloads of them standing out in the road. Maybe 15 in all. Their leader was a large man with a pistol in his hand and he was standing in our yard. Fired a shot into the air and yelled that we should get out of town.

My Step-dad worked construction and had just got home from work. He was the spitting image of Bogart and had the physique of Charles Bronson. He was 5'6" and wiry. Nothing but muscle and bone. I should also add that after he served in the Navy in the late 1920s, he had made his living as a longshoreman on the docks in New Orleans and at times, made some money as a bare knucks prize fighter during the depression years. Following that, he was hired as one of Huey Long's bodyguards and did that until Huey was shot in '35.

From then until the end of WWII, he went to sea with the Merchant Marine on the Atlantic run supplying England. Had one ship torpedoed by a U-boat off the coast of Ireland and made it ashore hanging onto a makeshift wooden raft. Not long after, the Luftwaffe bombed them and sank their ship in the channel as they were leaving Portsmouth, England to return to the States. Following the war, he worked construction as a carpenter. In short, he was a quiet man of few words and never started trouble but he was also a tough old bird and didn't take any crap off anyone, either.

With that in mind...... From my vantage point at the side of our house, I saw my Step-dad walk out the front door and down the walk. He didn't say a word to the man with the gun in his hand who stood a head taller than he. Just walked right up to him and quick as lightning popped him once in the jaw with a right uppercut. The big man went down like a sack of rocks. Pretty sure he broke his jaw. My Step-dad picked up the man's pistol off the ground and fired once into the air. Then he told those men to come get their boss man and their cross and get the hell off our property. With that, he emptied the shells out of the revolver. Put them in his pocket and dropped the gun beside the man he had knocked out. After he walked a safe distance away, 4 or 5 of the Ku Kluxers hurredly came and carried their leader and the cross and the gas can over to one of the trucks and they left. Never bothered us again.

Thanks for the memories,

Harry

Not missing Ranis point, but I'll just sit here with my popcorn. :popcorn:

You need to change ur avatar ----------we cant figure out iif tis ur age or I.Q. ?

Always thot u were a decent person before --------------

you know what really offends me are the sick fucks that touch kids. the sick assholes who beat women. the drunk drivers who get in their cars and kill people. the shitty people who take things from others.
poking a little fun at someone is pure entertainment. it's funny. it makes people laugh. there is nothing wrong with that. that's what's wrong with society today. people don't laugh enough. they are too busy worrying about what makes them upset or angry

Missed original thread completely. And my feelings are hurt because i wasnt included...

wanna go somwhere with something? Man buns. That’s one thing that seriously offends me..

my life would be worthless if i had no sense of humor, and speaking of merry christmas, on boxing day me and a couple friends went for coffee.
At another table were 4 regulars, all seniors and all miserable in appearance.
I know them all too well and misery is a choice,no more and no less.

as mentioned some people are sensitive. I am too.
It bothers me if i get a disagree without words backing it up.
But not for long,i get over it and move on.
Most people i encounter i can tell if i want anything to do with them in a short conversation,i wont do business with people i dont trust.

everyone is entitled to their opinion,whether others agree or not.
I wont insult someone because i dont agree..

this is an awesome forum!
So much knowledge and a diverse group of great people. All from different walks of life, with different perceptions also.

I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous new year!

I missed the thread. I don't understand all the comments. And I have to go to work in an hour after being off since October 8th. Don't sweat the small stuff. The Saturday after Christmas is always a great day. Enjoy it everyone! Fratz

I missed the original post so I will ad lib. Random thoughts.
As a young person or kid I was quiet, but I also had (have) a dry, sometimes (many times) sarcastic wit. That combination could cause trouble. I have always laughed at myself and never taken myself very seriously even when I actually did something worth crowing about. I as a kid back in the dark ages, people joked and made fun of everything sometime others, just life. I have been made fun of many times further up North due to my Southern twang. So what. If someone was a big enough asshole, I simply invited them to try to whip my scronny *** (decades ago).
Jewish folk? I was raised in Terrel Co, Ga, SW Ga. Very rural area. We had 1 Jewish family . They had a clothing store The only one in town. Not sure where all the anti sentiment is supposed to come from, but the Maloof family was very much loved and respected. We had 1 Catholic family. Same there. I imagine there were people there that hated. There are people everywhere that hate. I know Chevy people that hate Mopar people for the sake of hating!
Religion? I ain't making fun of anyone due to that! If the religious experts don't agree to anything, I ain't one to argue, I just form my own opinion.
If anything is a sin in the eyes of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour, then my personal belief is that He loves every person regardless, and wishes only good to all. Being a sinner does not stop His love, just as if my child commits a large sin, I still love that child. I make this statement and wish no one to condemn or rallye.

-
Back