Pulled pork

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Started at 4 am. Hoping to finish rainy afternoon begins. Temperature of 183 now. Hickory smells amazing

20170831_121841.jpg

You forgot to post your address...once you do that I'll grab a fork and head right over

Dang! I did forget to post my address didn't I.

Give this recipe a try. The video totally cracks me up because the guy is so awkward, but the recipe is excellent with store bought or feral hog

My last butts and some of the finished product.

2017-08-28 001 1300.jpg

2017-08-28 001 1301.jpg

Last edited:
Yours looks good Tadams. What kind of smoker?

My home made China Box. Note pocket in the lid for Apple Wood.
Shoulder from my free range Berkshire (Kurobuta) on the menu...
ChinaBox.jpg

Wow, these look good. Doing a large butt tomorrow. Going to smoke it with maple chunks in the WSM to get a nice crust, put it in a cooler, get on a plane to Oakland, then let it finish in a buddy's crockpot for our fantasy football draft party on Saturday.

Wow, these look good. Doing a large butt tomorrow.
What???
The term Pulled Pork just sounds like a reference to **** tickling. Why not call it shredded pork? Nobody says Pulled Beef, right? Shredded Beef is the term.
Okay, Carry On...

What???
The term Pulled Pork just sounds like a reference to **** tickling. Why not call it shredded pork? Nobody says Pulled Beef, right? Shredded Beef is the term.
Okay, Carry On...

"Shredded Beef" is a term gays use for muscular men. I guess you just can't win these days.

I worked at a rock farm/asphalt plant for years. We had a QC lab right in front of my control room that was seldom used. With the lab rat's approval I brought my smoker one early 4am morning put it under the hood over their rock plant built stove and put a 14 lb pork roast in it. Long about 7am the smell of hickory and pork filled the immediate area, the questions began. "I'm smoking that for a party I have to go to this evening". Smokers are easy, set'em, forget'em. Come quitting time, it's time to throw the roast in the ice/temperature maintaining chest and go to the party. Low and behold, about 1/3 of my roast is gone and the rest of the crew is long gone and hard to find. Imagine that! Good thing it was a bigun to start with. Party guests devoured the remainder of it.

My wife says my smoker is a man's crock pot. Insert the probe once you get everything started and it will notify me of the meat temperature. Just keep an eye to see you have smoke or if the temperature starts going up add water. I would like a larger one.

My wife says my smoker is a man's crock pot. Insert the probe once you get everything started and it will notify me of the meat temperature. Just keep an eye to see you have smoke or if the temperature starts going up add water. I would like a larger one.

i have a "man's crockpot"

its got the Detroit Lions logo on it

Wow, these look good. Doing a large butt tomorrow. Going to smoke it with maple chunks in the WSM to get a nice crust, put it in a cooler, get on a plane to Oakland, then let it finish in a buddy's crockpot for our fantasy football draft party on Saturday.

I do most of my butts this way anymore. I do four hours on the smoker to get a good crust and smoke ring and then finish them in the crockpot with a cup of apple or cherry juice. I do two at a time and double wrap one in foil and put it back in the freezer. That way I can have delicious pork butt ready to go with about 24 hours notice without having to go through all of the work.

Will bemail doing some smoking soon. Started using Pork Cushion instead of a button. Smaller cuts, much more tender and juicy. None of that sissy 225* for me. 300*.....no stall.....Wife was digging thru the freezer and found the last vac sealed pack from last time...next pizza going to get pulled pork as a topping...

YUMMMM ... Pork Cushions ... Oak fire or hardwood of choice ... Seasoned well ... about 45 minutes on each side ... Tri Tips that OINK :thumbsup:

Yes there is something food related called "Pulled Beef", so carry on.

What???
Okay, Carry On...

Tough cuts slow cooked until they can be pulled apart, thus the name.

I suppose you never heard of jerked chicken then?

bbq is a fetish of mine! here in the carolinas lots of good bbq,..ive traveled alot and enjoy different styles all over the country!

-
Back