Mopowers' 66 Dart Build

-
Thanks Guys. I really can't wait to get this thing on the ground rolling again.

I really like that cuda.

so im guessing this is going to just be a racer . cause you got rid of the defrost vents? or does it just not get cold there?

The car will be driven on the street on nice days. I'm in California, so the wheather is nice most of the year. Shoot, I think it was 80 degrees today.

Such a cool ride. I really like what you are doing with this...but then again, I have been a fan since I saw this thread when it started.

I am getting ready to start the mini-tub on my 64 Dart.

Thanks for the inspiration!

OldMoparsRule!

its looks really good,,,i deleted my torsion bars,and went to coil overs for the sale reason,,,custom headers,,under chassis,,2 inch tube,,hers a pic of my K frame

refreshing the cuda july 2008 025.jpg

Nice project and love your work!My question is,does anybody sell the mini-tub kit for a 66 Dart?Any help would be appreaciated.Thanks.

Here is a little update. Things have slowed a bit because I am in the process of buying my first house. Never the less:

STA_0333.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

wow ! you did a incredible job !! its insane ,, youre verry good and i know that everything that you did is a LOT of job !! be proud of yourself !!!

congrats for a verry verry nice job !

Joe

This is an awesome project... inspirational too! I'm going to remember some of this stuff when I go to build my first A-body.

This thread is awesome. When my dad retires in 7 years we have plans of building a Javelin AMX with a 390. :-D Nice to see some father/son bonding and the results speak for themselves! Keep the pics coming!

Chris

Well, I finally got it on the ground yesterday with the help of some mock shocks. I still need to order up the correct coil overs, and weld some tabs to the underside of the shock tower to mount them to.

Also, it sits a bit high in the rear. I plan on installing coil overs/ladder bars in the rear. When I do, I'll lower the back end an inch or so.

FYI- front tires are 205/75/15s. ~27" tall.

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0381-2.jpg

IMG_0382-2.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

About 6-7" of ground clearance

IMG_0383.jpg

Your car is awesome, it tooks like it's doing a 100 just sitting there. I love the front shocks! A little stiffer than I am used too! LOL, very well done, that girl is going to tear it up!

I love it ...... I wanna alter the wheel base on mine ,you guys make look so simple . My 64 Dart GT only has the VIN on it so theres no need to try and 100 % it . I want it to look alot like yours . I 'm so broke I can't PAY attention LOL so I'm making my own fenderwells and then post them here for laughs and comments . Keep on cuttin' !

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I updated this thread! I've taken a little bit of a break on the car. I bought my first house house, broke up with the ex, and had some other family stuff get in the way. Funny how life happens. Either way, the car is still in the garage awaiting the ladder bar, coil-over conversion... :)

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I updated this thread! I've taken a little bit of a break on the car. I bought my first house house, broke up with the ex, and had some other family stuff get in the way. Funny how life happens. Either way, the car is still in the garage awaiting the ladder bar, coil-over conversion... :)

It's excellent work there. Good to see you're still in the game. Funny how you can turn around and realize how time has gone by.

Glad to see this thread come back to life. I had to save your original photo that all the trim came from. Thanks , Mike

whats the good word on the build?! im hungry for progress!!!! feed me seymour feed me!!!!

Just saw this thread got a little bump last month. I got really busy into doing stuff around the house when I bought it a few years ago. It's my first house and took a lot of work to get where I wanted. That and some life stuff got in the way. You all know how it goes. Plus, my folks moved up to Oregon, so between not having my dad light a fire under my *** every weekend and chasing tail, progress on the 66 slowed a bit.

Anyway, I've still got the 66 tucked away in my garage. I've since picked up a little 68 sedan to cruise around in the meantime and have been busy freshening up the top end of it's 340. Once I get that one where I want it (soon), it's back to work on the 66. I'll post pics as I start back up on it.

The pic in my signature is how it sits right now. Up on blocks...

-
Back