push button start

-

71dustar

Reaction score
The idea of having a push button start has intrigued me, and now im wondering what is need for this to happen. I'll be switching from stock wiring harness to either painless or ron francis. I know i'll need a push button (momentary) switch and another switch for ignition (power). so what else do i need. anyone know if ron francis already has this setup in his kits (when choosing column or dash ignition)

Jon

You can buy a push button start button from just about any auto parts store.

Look into EZ wiring harnesses, they are about half the cost of painless and painless is cheaper than Ron Francis.

I'm loving my EZ harness for $185 bucks, and 20 circuits.

switch.jpg

You can get a nice push button from your local Honda dealer. Ask for a Start button from a S2000. I think they are around $30 though.

Goit my button from Sumitt and added wire to the straters posts. Need key turned to start.

This could be used as a nice anti left device as well. Can't start a car if you don't know where the ignition key goes to get at the wires.

how do i hook up the push button? i have read using a relay or just hooking it straight to the battery. any one know which is best/safest?

if its a automatic make sure you run it thru the park relay for safteys sake

if someone could draw or explain how i should wire this starting from battery or whereever so i get a clear image of what need to go where. never even thought about the park relay.

seems to be easy. ill probably get a ron francis start button since it includes a relay and im sure some directions.

My first '65 Barracuda had a truck 3 speed shifter handle tied straight to the auto transmission (death wish, no reverse or park lock out!) a push to start starter button under the dash because the start in the ignition switch was broken and had an electric fuel pump switch under the dash as well. That car never got stolen, and I had more than one valet come running back to me telling me my car wouldnt start.

-
Back