Put the Duster on the DYNO.

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
I put the duster on a rear wheel dyno yesterday. Not sure what any of it means, as far a hp loss through the drivetrain. But the opportunity was there so I did it. Maybe someone on here could tell me what they experience loss through the drivetrain. Made 3 pulls. started the first 2 at 3000 rpm, the last pull I started at 2500. The first pull had the highest hp reading at 460hp at 5200rpm. The third pull had the highest torque reading at 633.3 at 3000 rpm I think because I started lower in the rpm range. Let me know what you think.

My son was there and supposed to record a video of it. I asked him what happened, he said he didn't want to blow the speaker out of his phone. LOL. There were a few cars that came close on HP with my car the next best was 425, and a lot of cars in the 350 range. But no other car there was over the 500 torque range.

Take it to the track now...see what she,ll run..real dyno #,s.It will atleast give you a real idea on #,s.Every dyno is different..just sayin..

Best so far 6.62 my 60' are pretty shitty usually around a 1.51. But they are consistently shitty. I need to do some suspension work. Im running a 10.5 x 28 slick. A better gear may help a little im still running a 4.10, but its nice to be able to run both the 1/4 and 1/8 without having to switch.

And the Dom is working great. Had to put new accelerator pumps it it they were dried and cracked. When I got it from you it had 86 square on the jetting. Im running 96 square now. Had it all the way up to 98 square before the mph started to fall off and backed it back down.

440 .030 with Ross pistons. Around 11.5 to 1. 452 heads with 2.14 valves some porting. Mopar 312/.590 cam. M1 intake with 1050 dominator. 727 with turbo-action 3800 converter. 8-3/4 with 4.10 gear. All in a 74 Duster. Was told it weighed 2450 when I bought it. I think its a little heavier than that.

Nice numbers. Sounds like a killer boulevard bruiser. What is the stroke? Haven't seen a stock stroke 440 pull 630 lbs. ft. at 3000 rpm with a cam that big

Is the interior pretty well gutted? If not it ain't gonna be no where near 2450. You have to remove quite a bit to get them down that low, especially with an iron headed big block

Nice numbers. Sounds like a killer boulevard bruiser. What is the stroke? Haven't seen a stock stroke 440 pull 630 lbs. ft. at 3000 rpm with a cam that big

Is the interior pretty well gutted? If not it ain't gonna be no where near 2450. You have to remove quite a bit to get them down that low, especially with an iron headed big block

Yep, I think you would have to gut more than the interior to get it down to 2450lbs

Its just a drag car. All steel except bumpers and hood, all gutted including aluminum dash, 1 race seat. All Lexan. Trunk lid is also gutted. No front inner fenders. It is pretty much gutted all over. Even the headlights, just stickers.

1044975_139224559612966_2084852143_n.jpg

Its just a drag car. All steel except bumpers and hood, all gutted including aluminum dash, 1 race seat. All Lexan. Trunk lid is also gutted. No front inner fenders. It is pretty much gutted all over. Even the headlights, just stickers.

Ah, okay. I thought it might have been the green one in the avatar.

With that much weight cut out it will be pretty light. Does your track have scales?

I put the duster on a rear wheel dyno yesterday. Not sure what any of it means, as far a hp loss through the drivetrain. But the opportunity was there so I did it. Maybe someone on here could tell me what they experience loss through the drivetrain. Made 3 pulls. started the first 2 at 3000 rpm, the last pull I started at 2500. The first pull had the highest hp reading at 460hp at 5200rpm. The third pull had the highest torque reading at 633.3 at 3000 rpm I think because I started lower in the rpm range. Let me know what you think.

Awesome car you have there.what is your 1/8 mph with the dominator?would love to dyno my car.best of luck on the car.Bobby

With the hot weather when its running high 6.60 to low 6.70 it runs in the 102mph range. It has went 6.62 in cold air. Cant remember the mph on that one. It is a stock stroke 440.

Numbers sound about right for the engine combo. The exaggerated low rpm torque is due to the torque converter,very common on a chassis dyno. If the car is really as light as you suggest there are gains to be found somewhere.

-
Back