Putting the engine on a stand??

-

65valiantsignet

Reaction score
I just bought a 318 engine and an engine stand and got the two of them home. For the life of me I can't seem to line up the four attachments to the block.

Does anyone have any pictures they can send me to see how yours is attached?

Thanks

Cameron

I just went out and took pics of my 340, should mount the same.

Attachments

• DSCF0278 (Medium).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCF0279 (Medium).JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCF0280 (Medium).JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCF0281 (Medium).JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 294
  • DSCF0282 (Medium).JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 296
I have the adjustable arms. My backing plate also has slots in it. Looks like if I use the bottom two holes that are not threaded with bolts I might be able to get it to work.

"Leverage wise" you'd be easier on things if you used the two bottom most holes in the block (as shown) but put the top arms to the topmost block holes.

"Leverage wise" you'd be easier on things if you used the two bottom most holes in the block (as shown) but put the top arms to the topmost block holes.

What I think I know about this stuff tells me that using the top and the bottom holes would give the best "working leverage" like he said in different words. Now if I'd just get to work on the 'teen on _my_ engine stand........

ATB BC

I just bought a 318 engine and an engine stand and got the two of them home. For the life of me I can't seem to line up the four attachments to the block.

Does anyone have any pictures they can send me to see how yours is attached?

Thanks

Cameron
Cameron,I wish I had known you wanted a 318.I have a complete running 318 from a 73 Dart that I would,ve given to you FREE.

Justin,I had sent him a PM 3 days ago telling him to mount it exactly the way you have yours.Safety first,watch your toes Steve.LOL.

Are there any issues with storing a small block on an engine stand for a long period of time ?

Slide the rotating head off the stand......bolt to block.....then reinsert into stand.
Recently I saw a fella stuggling to line it up...engine dangling and trying to support the stand and thread bolts.

Cameron,I wish I had known you wanted a 318.I have a complete running 318 from a 73 Dart that I would,ve given to you FREE.

Now you tell me! lol. Scott, I'll still take it if you're giving it away so I will have a motor to pick from when I get this one apart as I have no idea of the condition of the one I have.....................

I can come and pick it up this upcoming weekend with a trailer?

I bought my engine hoist this morning and remounted the engine properly. Thanks everyone for the pics and suggestions. Now to pull it apart and see what the dickens the guy sold me.

-
Back