Pvc routing?

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I have a 67 barracuda with a 73 360 My pvc is going from the drivers side valve cover to the right side of the car 770 street avenger, with a breather on right side valve cover, is this correct or should it be going to intake manifold? Which way is correct?

Unless you're planning a sprinkler system, you mean PCV

The driver side valve cover PCV is fine.

Do you also have a breather on the pass side valve cover?

If the filter oily?...dont route that side to the air cleaner any more an see if your oil woes go away...and also make sure you didnt overfill the oil.

I have a 67 barracuda with a 73 360 My pvc is going from the drivers side valve cover to the right side of the car 770 street avenger, with a breather on right side valve cover, is this correct or should it be going to intake manifold? Which way is correct?

Your post is confusing.

It does not matter which valve cover the PCV valve goes to, but the OTHER end of the hose from the PCV goes to the intake manifold.

The OPPOSITE side valve cover from where the PCV valve is located should have the breather. This is supposed to be plumbed with an open hose (about 5/8 or larger) to the bonnet of the air cleaner. Some guys use an "open" breather. If you have any blowby, this could get messy.

On mine, "For now" I have Ferd 70's style breathers in both valve covers, with a length of 5/8 heater hose down under the car "road draft" style.

If you are saying that your PCV is in the left (drive side) valve cover and your breather is on the right (pass side) valve cover and your PCV is connected to the large port on the right side of your Street Avenger carb.

Everything is fine.

PCV can be on either valve cover....which ever is most convenient for plumbing the rubber hose to...breather on opposite one.

Carb connection is either of the spots in the yellow circles....

Attachments

• AAAAASTREET.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 284
if you are saying that your pcv is in the left (drive side) valve cover and your breather is on the right (pass side) valve cover and your pcv is connected to the large port on the right side of your street avenger carb.

Everything is fine.

this

I bought a piece at A&A today its a rubber garmet that doesnt let oil up into you pcv valve anybody ever use one of these?

I bought a piece at A&A today its a rubber garmet that doesnt let oil up into you pcv valve anybody ever use one of these?

Sounds like what I have my Sig Earson covers have no baffle for my Pcv so I got an aftermarket grommet that has a small slit at the bottom.Works great and no oil being suck up.Post a pic of whats going on.Tell me something does it puff blue smoke on the pcv side of your exhaust.

Tried to install rubber tonight but with baffeled valve cover it doesnt fit, can the baffel be removed from the valve cover?

My 67 had the pcv on the pass side & the breather on the DS.

Attachments

• Picture 087.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 207
  • Picture 1242.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 205
the rubber is more plyable if hot or warm & should pop right in unless it's hard as a rock from age.

Its not hard it hits the baffel in the valve cover like its too long, should I jam it or does it have to be strait?

I just jammed mine in & used a small screwdriver to pop it down. The warmer the grommet is the easier it will pop in & you can use a hair drier to heat it up.

-
Back