QA1 Handling kit questions ???

-
Fred Scigliano- Quick question on QA1 parts used. Do you have the upper and lower control arms installed from QA1? I'm looking at one of the kits: QA1 HK12-CRA1 1967-72 Mopar A-Body Handling Suspension Kit, Level 2

They say it only fits 67-72 A-Bodies Mopars. However, I was told that the only thing required for it to work on my 74 is to use biscuit type motor mounts? I was wondering about the upper control arms from QA1. Do they use the larger ball joint? Did you have any issues there? I was planning to use factory spindle and disc brakes?
You will need to get the upper A arm replaced when you order the kit or will end up with the smaller ball joints and have to send them back for the larger ones.
I have factory disc breaks on my car and no problem with the lowers.
Biscuit motor mounts you will need for sure. It bolted right up to my 73 Scamp and now have 2,500 miles on it and no problems. Very happy with it.

I'm considering a QA1 handling kit install for my 68 340 Barracuda. My question is am I going to face any fitment issues??? I'm also looking at a set of TTI headers during the install. My car is a manual brake and manual steering with auto on the column. Just want to know if I'm going to run into problems BEFORE I spend a bunch of money. Or is there a better option???
I just completed the front suspension on my 67 Barracuda and it works very well
To much to list here, if you like PM me and we will talk.

Fred Scigliano- Quick question on QA1 parts used. Do you have the upper and lower control arms installed from QA1? I'm looking at one of the kits: QA1 HK12-CRA1 1967-72 Mopar A-Body Handling Suspension Kit, Level 2

They say it only fits 67-72 A-Bodies Mopars. However, I was told that the only thing required for it to work on my 74 is to use biscuit type motor mounts? I was wondering about the upper control arms from QA1. Do they use the larger ball joint? Did you have any issues there? I was planning to use factory spindle and disc brakes?
It uses the smaller ballpoint but you can get the larger one from them

I can supply a better combination of parts. Double adjustable upper arms instead of regular tubular. Monotube shocks instead of twin tube. The K frame is completely unnecessary in my opinion. I offer Delrin lower bushings instead of rubber. Let me know if I can help. Bergmanautocraft.com

I can supply a better combination of parts. Double adjustable upper arms instead of regular tubular. Monotube shocks instead of twin tube. The K frame is completely unnecessary in my opinion. I offer Delrin lower bushings instead of rubber. Let me know if I can help. Bergmanautocraft.com
This!

The K-frame is unnecessary, a seam welded and reinforced original works great. Maybe if your original is unusable for some reason the QA1 would be worth it, but I like the reinforced originals.

The tubular LCA’s are also pretty unnecessary. I have them, they’re really nice, but a set of boxed and repaired originals will be more than adequate for pretty much everyone. If you’re really lowered the tubular LCA’s can increase the suspension travel a little. That was easier with the old version though. And the QA1 LCA’s come with rubber bushings installed.

The SPC double adjustable UCA’s are super nice. They make dialing in modern alignment specs super easy. Not that the QA1 tubular UCA’s aren’t nice, they are. But the SPC’s are top notch.

So yeah, for that kind of money I’d ditch the tubular K and lowers, and upgrade to the SPC uppers and have some money left over for some other stuff.

I'm considering a QA1 handling kit install for my 68 340 Barracuda. My question is am I going to face any fitment issues??? I'm also looking at a set of TTI headers during the install. My car is a manual brake and manual steering with auto on the column. Just want to know if I'm going to run into problems BEFORE I spend a bunch of money. Or is there a better option???
I put the entire QA1 front with the K-member on my 68 barracuda notchback. Easy install. It handles well. Adding front disc. I have 15"x7" wheels. Old style headers are an issue and need to be installed with the suspension. I also have the rear suspension coming this week.
It is a lot of money, but really clean and easy to adjust. warmed up 318 auto. 5.9 on the horizon.

68 cuda.jpg

I put the entire QA1 front with the K-member on my 68 barracuda notchback. Easy install. It handles well. Adding front disc. I have 15"x7" wheels. Old style headers are an issue and need to be installed with the suspension. I also have the rear suspension coming this week.
It is a lot of money, but really clean and easy to adjust. warmed up 318 auto. 5.9 on the horizon.

View attachment 1715859224
It would be nice if you could post some pic's of the installation. Thanks

Here's a couple shots of mine. Only got a little over 100 miles of driving but I am really impressed with the difference it made.

UNRZ3098.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

Yeah usually the struggle is actually getting them torqued to spec, not having them loosen up. Double check that spec to be sure, I know the aftermarket pins frequently have a higher torque spec than what was factory. But they’re all really high. I’m just away from my manuals at the moment.

Yeah usually the struggle is actually getting them torqued to spec, not having them loosen up. Double check that spec to be sure, I know the aftermarket pins frequently have a higher torque spec than what was factory. But they’re all really high. I’m just away from my manuals at the moment.
Was going to use blue lock tight on them but will wait and torque them down and see if that helps.

Was going to use blue lock tight on them but will wait and torque them down and see if that helps.
When you torque them have the weight of the vehicle on the front tires, should not be a problem gett'n them torqued.

My front suspension was totally shot , the car wandered all over the road. During the teardown I found multiple issues including the k-frame was tweaked and smashed like Bo Duke jumped a bridge with it!!! I decided that I liked the car enough to spend the extra cash AND improve the handling and braking of the car. I'm not saying I couldn't have cut corners (no pun intended LOL) but I'm old enough to know I saved A LOT of time just buying a kit and installing it. After the fact I believe I improved the car and get to enjoy it every time I drive it. Who knows might be the last car I build (LOL)

Double check those torque specs . I think its 125 ft-lbs

I have stock parts other than adjustabl struts and front and rear sway bars . I did weld seams on k member and added a plte to bottom of control arm .
I run skinny 215/70-14 Michelins and my car handles great ! No body roll...rides taught .

-
Back