Quarter patch panels fitment

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was looking for lower quarter patch panels and found 70 to 76 but not 67 to 69

This is for a 67 dart convert.

I seem to recall that the wheel opening changed at so e year or duster vs other body style.

The steel above the blue tape is solid, and I might not need to go as far forward or rearward as the tape is applied.

PXL_20231025_180534168.jpg

Looks like AMD patches are no longer available, but a full quarter is, and if push comes to shove that's what I will do and cut out what I need.

This is my first body panel repair of this type...

Floor boards are coming later... :rolleyes:

Thoughts, helpfully hints, please!

I don't know that the wheel opening changed, but in 70, the area around the bumper did....

Looks like full quarters go for between 200 and 650.

200 Sherman and a couple other brands.

650 AMD

i have time I'm just trying to get a plan

Looks like full quarters go for between 200 and 650.

200 Sherman and a couple other brands.

650 AMD

i have time I'm just trying to get a plan
AMD is the only company making full quarters for Darts.
AMD did make quarter skins and patches, but they discontinued them a couple years ago.
The AMD skins were fantastic parts, and it's unfortunate that these are no longer available.
The quarter skins sold by Sherman etc are a generic panel that have been sold by many companies over the last 30 years. These skins are a bit flimsy, have soft edges instead of sharp edges, and they are oversized, because they were designed as a slip over repair panel back when the cars were just used cars.
These generic "Sherman etc" panels do work fine for cutting down to the pieces you need.

Hi all,

I was looking for lower quarter patch panels and found 70 to 76 but not 67 to 69

This is for a 67 dart convert.

I seem to recall that the wheel opening changed at so e year or duster vs other body style.

The steel above the blue tape is solid, and I might not need to go as far forward or rearward as the tape is applied.

View attachment 1716158149

Looks like AMD patches are no longer available, but a full quarter is, and if push comes to shove that's what I will do and cut out what I need.

This is my first body panel repair of this type...

Floor boards are coming later... :rolleyes:

Thoughts, helpfully hints, please!
Check with Laysons. I bought a pair of lower panels and a wheel opening patch for my 66 and they fit like a glove. The body shop was even impressed.

20170418_090358.jpg

20170825_112320.jpg

20170825_113351.jpg

-
Back