Question about carbs for tunnel rams

-
Those t-bar ones are the only inline ones around, iirc.
I ran mine for years with one, it sucked.
Too much torque on the bracket, connections, and carbs, from pulling at such a low point.

It actually tweaked one of the carb throttle brackets, making my idle higher on that carb and driving me crazy.

Spent the money on a longer throttle cable, put a bracket inline at the carb where it belongs, and made the linkage for next to nothing. Got the info from a fabo member.

I have a thread on it somewhere.

20180624_154851.jpg

Yes, if you attach the throttle cable too low, it puts a bind in the linkage. Best to attach it no more than an inch or 2 below the horizontal rod.

I just remembered I use the mr. Gasket dual quad linkage. I think it's like $38 now but I remember 32 and bitching LOL... I'm sure you can get it at any parts store I know I did if not they can order it for Mr Gasket...
You see how I have it hooked up and I'm also pointing out on the front carburetor a lower hole closer to the fulcrum point that I use when I want to set up progressive. I'm sure there's a little ear on that carburetor linkage that I had to cut off in that area as well. And I may have had to drill that hole a little bigger. Also I utilize the double slider when I do the progressive that's provided in the kit. Hooking it up Progressive has quite a few advantages. Give it more drivability without losing ET. it does feel a little Turbo-ish when the second carburetor kicks in and you can feel it when the spring gets tighter. I like the extra pump squirt of both at once sometimes 1to1...
IMG_20190710_072918.jpg

IMG_20190710_072939.jpg

Late reply, but that top WILL FIT your base. Edelbrock will tell you it won't, but they are ignorant and can't be taught. It takes the exact same gasket, therefore it fits.

Turn the carbs sideways, use two carbs that look like Holleys but are NOT Holley brand. You need a carb with a 1.375-1.400 Venturi and forget about what CFM they are rated. Pay someone to set up the basic tune. Then go have fun.

Those t-bar ones are the only inline ones around, iirc.
I ran mine for years with one, it sucked.
Too much torque on the bracket, connections, and carbs, from pulling at such a low point.

It actually tweaked one of the carb throttle brackets, making my idle higher on that carb and driving me crazy.

Spent the money on a longer throttle cable, put a bracket inline at the carb where it belongs, and made the linkage for next to nothing. Got the info from a fabo member.

I have a thread on it somewhere.

View attachment 1715361465
I love that finish on that T-Ram, is that VHT or powder coating?

The first one you listed is what you want for a tunnel ram.

The Edelbrock progressive set up is used on dual plane dual quad in a more streetable package.

thanks guys, so i have ordered the edelbrock 500's one elec choke, one manual, so in your opinion, would something like this linkage work?
One to one Dual carb 2 four carburetor linkage inline adjustable length w/ heims | eBay
Or should i get the progressive style like this... Dual-Quad Progressive Throttle Linkage Kit
Neither one of those...
This is what I use. It's cheaper and can do both one to one and progressive.
Mr. Gasket Dual-Quad Carburetor Linkage Kits 3830G

thanks guys, looks like those Mr Gasket ones are out of stock, ill have a bit of a look around and see if i can find them elsewhere.

Last edited:
thanks guys, looks like those Mr Gasket ones are out of stock, ill have a bit of a look around and see if i can find them elsewhere.
Oh yeah crap I just noticed you're from Australia. I just have them down the street on the Part Store Wall...

Maybe Baxter's Auto Parts. Com or something? I know they have them at our local Baxter's Auto Parts...

thanks, from what ive seen, i think it wont be worth me getting one from the US, by the time i convert to Aus dollars, then add shipping, will end up being between $80-$100, so im going to see if i can have one made here.

Hello again, needing advice on fuel line, i am having a real problem finding the correct one! Carbs are supplied with a hose tail fitting, i can change that to a screw on fitting i guess, but cant find anything to suit! The measurement from centre to centre is 8.75" and all i can find online is 6-7/16". There's an adjustable one but Edelbrock says its to suit Holley. Any advice appreciated, thanks.
20190718_144158.jpg

I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the two? They both look adjustable and the same thing?
It's the one that I have...

The centre to centre (fuel outlets on carbs) on my setup measures 225 mm (just re checked) and i dont see any edelbrock fuel hoses that have that measurement which i find strange, if anyone feels like it, if you could measure your centre to centre so i could compare?

The centre to centre (fuel outlets on carbs) on my setup measures 225 mm (just re checked) and i dont see any edelbrock fuel hoses that have that measurement which i find strange, if anyone feels like it, if you could measure your centre to centre so i could compare?
Well it looks like a hard line it's actually soft and you can see the little set screw for the hose clamp at each end of that looks like a braided hose..

Screenshot_20190718-203519.png

It's really just a hidden hose clamp under a basically dummy Bolt...
It's adjustable...

-
Back