Question about doors

-

Minercar

LargeDreamsSmallCapital
Reaction score
And I do not mean Jim, Ray, Robby and John.

Can anybody inform me if there is a significant structural difference between a convertible door and other body style doors in our A bodies? In particular a 1967 Barracuda.

Thanks

And I do not mean Jim, Ray, Robby and John.

Can anybody inform me if there is a significant structural difference between a convertible door and other body style doors in our A bodies? In particular a 1967 Barracuda.

Thanks
I believe the door shells should be the same for ht. or convertible. Vent frame is different and glass maybe as well.

I knew the Doors when they were rough lumber. I also used to roll for the Doobie Bros., but that's another story.

Door shells are the same for all three body styles within a year

Each year is different, (can be made to work on different year?)

Alan

Wing window hardware is the same, door glass is different, convertible only. Door shells are the same except for the extra piece that keeps the door from rattling.

Convertible glass is specific, not sure if the front regulators are specific or not. I know the rears are.
Make sure whichever year you go with, that it is a "loaded" door.(linkages, rods, regulator, latch etc). Trying to piece one together could be a pain.

Within a year all the parts are the same (doors), regulators, latches, everything aside from the glass (each body is different)
The convertible has the addition of the anti rattle wedge.

Alan

Last edited:
So there is no additional internal structural member for strength or body flex.
Thanks for everyones input.

Convertible is a unibody without a roof structure. So it has added later in rocker rails below the doors and torque boxes also. Inner panels that support the convertible top are stronger but the b-pillar could crack around the latch post just like and other. Convertible windshield frame is shaped different to make it stronger. Nothing was added to the bolt on body panels.

-
Back