Question about my interior is this stock?

-

ILLDuster74

Reaction score
I have a strange combination with a white head liner and black int. Was this common?

IMG_0175.JPG

My 73 340 Dart Sport factory sunroof and fold down rear seat interior was flip flop of yours. Parchment interior, black headliner. I changed it all to black when I restored it.

73 340 Dart Sport 011_640x480.jpg

I don't know about the headliner,but the seat upoltery looks original from the picture I see. Feel free to send me more interior pics if you want. My 73 Valiant has original interior in good condition.I like the Roscoe P Coltrane bit. I grew up with that show. - notorious318

Thanks I actually just decoded the fender tag and its the deluxe int. Also just found out it had a white canopy vinyl top from the factory.

I found this site not sure how accurate it is but it had a fender tag and vin decoder for mopars.
Decoding a 1969 - 1974 Fender Tag - OverviewIn this series you will learn how to decode a 1969 - 1974 fender tag. ... View this tag decoded by our fender tag decoder. ...
www.stockmopar.com/how-to-decode-a-1969-1974-fender-tag.html - Cached - Similar

Notorious I think the headliner is original the visors match it but I like the look any way esp now that I found out its a white vinyl top and white stripe car. The interior seemed original too, the seats are perfect, they are dusty from being in the garage and the cam makes them look worse both front and back, the carpet has wear and the headliners shot, cracks in the dash pad.

Covertriple is yours a hand crank sunroof?

Thank you all !!and i'll get more pics tomorrow.

This can be normal in some cars.I have in my 65 chrysler 300,a maroon interior with white pillar panels and white head liner on a black car,mrmopartech

Chrysler 300 1965 9.jpg

Galen Govier states that all 1973 & up sunroof A-body cars came with white headliners. I believe there was exceptions though as ASC did the sunroof installations so black was probably available if you had the right connections or some white ones were replaced later with black ones.

Notorious I think the headliner is original the visors match it but I like the look any way esp now that I found out its a white vinyl top and white stripe car. The interior seemed original too, the seats are perfect, they are dusty from being in the garage and the cam makes them look worse both front and back, the carpet has wear and the headliners shot, cracks in the dash pad.

Covertriple is yours a hand crank sunroof?

Thank you all !!and i'll get more pics tomorrow.

Yes, manual crank sunroof, no vinyl top.

Thanks Convertriple- do you have trouble keeping your handle up lol sounds bad don't it.

Mrmopar looks like a great interior love them old 300s they have the "pimp" interiors :D

the 74 dart i picked up for a parts car had a set up about like that. white headliner and black int. though not sure if it was orig. the headliner was a one piece part.

My 73 has a black interior with one piece white headliner and sun visors and is all original.

Thanks Dave are there like any fender codes to go with this? Or just a how the factory used up some parts? Also does anybody know a place that sells these headliners? and the canopy vinyl tops?

Try Legendary. That's where I bought my canopy vinyl top. They might have the correct headliner too.

By the way, (looking at your interior pictures) could you possibly give me the dimensions for the locations of your map light and rear electric defrost switches? I have both of these to add to my 74 Dart Sport and am unsure of the exact placement under the dash.

Thanks, Mike

Sure Mike no problem!
where do you want me to measure from?

How hard is it to put on the canopy top? I know i should get a pro so just wondering how long it took for yours.

If the handle doesn't stay up when you push it into it's little home it's because the spring inside is broke, worn or missing.

When you get a chance, measure from the bottom back edge of the dash to the centerline of the knob and switch. Center to center between knob and switch. And some reference from left or right to either knob or switch. Thanks so much, sorry to be a pain.

I haven't got to the point of putting the top on yet. It will be some time before I am ready. I purchased the top when they had a recent sale. Top is on page 117 of Legendary's printed catalog - VTL117LV(C) or VTL118LV(C). I am wondering too if I should do it myself. Others here have commented in the past that its not too bad. See what they think.

Headliners are on page 108. They have ones for factory sunroof cars.

You can call and talk to them, they have been helpful.

Thanks, Mike

Thats what I was thinking MY340.

OK and here are the measurements Frosty G.
Defroster from back of the panel to the center of switch is 2 3/4 inches.
I measured from where the steering colum meets the dash right to left and its 8 inches on center of knob.

The Map Light is 2 1/2 inches from the back of the panel, its off set farther back than the defroster. I measured again from the steering column and its 10 1/2 inches oh center of the knob.

-
Back