question about my new leaf springs

-

moparshaker

Reaction score
i bought a set of mancini a-body xhd springs that are suppose to have a 1" arch above stock, but these bad boys are high. i'd like to lower it about 2" or more ,can i just remove the shackles and mount to shackle frame bracket ? or does the suspension need the flex from the shackle. will i have to remove leaf springs and remove 2 sections from each springs? thanks for any input.

I have these same springs on my Demon. I flipped the front hanger (turn them upside down and put right on left side and vice versa), this will lower car about 1.5 inches. You will need to elongate the mounting holes in the frame, but not a lot. Also, the springs will settle some after a few hundred miles.

My advise "Don't panic" I also have the XHD springs on My '72 Dart and at first it seemed as though the rear bumper was at chest height! That was with no weight in the rear=empty tank no spare etc. But after a few weeks they settled in and the car still had a bit of a rake to it .Now after four years they are just about how I want the car to set so maybe don't make any hasty decisions just yet .I know at first your car will probably have that stink bug look but in My experience they will "settle in" Good luck to ya.

They should settle down some after a bit. Also they are 1 inch over "Stock". Could be your old springs were sagging bad.

yeah the old springs were bowing toward the sky ( true ) so the car sat low. now it looks like a 70's air shock car. i'll gets some pics of it. this duster is my next project , i had to replace the gas tank so i put new brake lines on it and springs and kyb shocks while i was there. i'll let it settle in. thanks for input

-
Back