Question about our grills

-

DBG

'65 Cuda
Reaction score
Hey guys:

On our 64 and 65 barracudas what is the middle part of the grill suppose to look like?

Mine is painted the same color as the car, but I have seen some that are either chrome or stainless steel.

How did they come from the factory? If it's not suppose to be painted, I'm going to strip my paint off.

I took off the little grill inserts (behind the turn signals) the other day and took it apart and painted it flat black. I also painted the radiator support and surrounding area so when you look through the grill it's nice and clean.

Thanks in advance about the "Middle Grill" part

Buds!
Chuck

The center section of the grill should be painted body color.

Don

Thanks Don...

I have seen a few that was stainless or stripped from the normal color.

Looked good. I might try mine like that.

thx
Chuck

On my '64, I wet-sanded the horizontal bars and polished, and left the vertical bars plated. The contrast is outstanding, and, as this is my daily driver; practical also. I included a pic in my gallery. I figure I'm building this car for me,[bottom-line] Keep 'er safe..............................rick

The previous response - that said the grille center piece is the same color as the car - is correct. However, my 65 Barracuda is white, and even as a kid (when it was my dad's car) I thought the white grille looked stupid.

So I painted mine flat black.

Should be same color as the car, however on my Blue original car..mine is Black. I have no idea ho or why it got that way, yet it looks fine and fits the need so at this time it remains that color. Down the road when I have the money to finish restoration and paint my love, it will get painted the same blue as the rest of the car. I will also ad the rally stipe as mine is a Formula S and I love the off center stripes!! It originally did not have it, but will get it when the time comes!! Mechanically 100% right now just needs the finish touch at this time! Accepting donations???

GreggR 65 Cudalover

-
Back