question about these Old Pro stock valve covers

-

1969moparDART

Reaction score
im getting ready to buy some old Pro stock valve covers (pics below) and as you can see it has holes shaped for the filler caps but i have a red spectre filtered vent (pics below) and the old style pcv valve (pics below) so what i want to know is.
1 do i need the pcv valve?
2 i added a pic of the vent style it wants me to use but is there an adapter or another filter like my red one i can use instead?
3 pros and cons of no pcv valve? i know what a pcv valve does so no need to try to educate me on it abut i see a lot of guys just dont have them so i am curios is there another system to replace it or do some people feel it a unnecessary precaution?

IMG_20180826_162838084.jpg

s-l300 (1).jpg

s-l300.jpg

download.jpg

ok well 98 views later no comments lol so no need to answer question #1 i have figured out i do need/want a pcv valve so next question is there a pvc valve that i can have screw into that hole? i was just hoping to do this without having to drill more holes is all or is there a way to cap one of those with something low profile and drill out one of the others for my pcv?

The only way I know of to install a PCV into a twist lock oil filler hole is to use a '70's Ford filler cap

This is one with an elbow for the breather line going to the air filter bonnet, the "intake" into the crankcase. You would do similar with one on the opposite side, put the PCV valve in that hole with an appropriate sized grommet

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fi%2F181561294567-0-1%2Fs-l1000.jpg

The only way I know of to install a PCV into a twist lock oil filler hole is to use a '70's Ford filler cap

This is one with an elbow for the breather line going to the air filter bonnet, the "intake" into the crankcase. You would do similar with one on the opposite side, put the PCV valve in that hole with an appropriate sized grommet

View attachment 1715248640
awesome thanks bro, is that cap gonna breathe freely though?

There are all kinds of ways to skin this cat, as crackedback might say. I was going to put vacuum fittings in my headers and never did. For the short time I ran mine, I simply ran indentical caps to the above, one on each side, with a hose down to "underneath" to act as road draft. Those blank bosses on the other ends of the VC are designed for PCV, although I don't know how they operated. There likely were some accessories/ hardware at some time to do that. any fitting you put in there, though, will suffer from lack of a baffle system

I’d run the off and not worry about how it gets done.

Perhaps.... I’m not sure if this would work or work easy, but try test fitting the off grommet where the twist on cap goes. You can use sealant on the inside to help insure it all seals well.

-
Back