Question for men giving blood

-

69MOPE

Reaction score
The local Red Cross has very poor attendance at their blood drives and have asked the public for ideas for more donors. I came up with an idea to increase the male donors. Contact local strip clubs for hot girls to work the needle topless. They could work for tips and the warm feeling of helping others. Would anyone here who does not give blood for whatever reason, change their mind in this case?

LOL. Sorry, I don't need to die of a heart attack just to see some naked female

I used to give blood in memory of my father because he did it. I had to get over a phobia of needles after having water on the knee and watched them suck it out with a needle. Heck I even passed out getting a novicane shot at dentist and a blood test for marriage cert at the gf's gyno. But after my bout with cancer they won't take my blood anymore. :(

i know you said for men only .....but i would be willing to give anyway ....regardless if the tech has clothes on or not

but the last two times i gave blood...i passed out ....the first time i plowed my face into the sidewalk and the second time someone caught me .....i dont know how anyone does it......its a good thing to do but dang the passing out is no fun

If by topless you mean with their shirts off sign me up , I remember a certain topless bar in Detroit that missed the concept completely if you get my drift LOL , I seem to remember the guys giving blood for money back in my days in Michigan .

We should all give blood regularly - it is just the right thing to do. I am O negative - somewhat uncommon, and a universal donor. I used to donate all the time, but because I work in and travel to a developing country with a high percentage of HIV they will no longer take my blood.

You never know when you or a loved one will need it, so donate regularly!

It sound like a good idea but there maybe one problem.
They may not find enough blood in the arm as it would be in a different part of the body.:D

I've given over 5 gallons so far, but I've stopped because they are too annoying! They ask the same questions at least three times and it takes them more than 30 minutes just to get past the forms and questions.

If I say I havent been to Nigeria in the last five years, then why do they have to ask me that same darn question two more times again, at least??? I know that they need to protect the blood supply, but insulting me while trying to collect my blood doesn't do a darn thing to ensure that!

Wouldn't the strippers need to be trained or licensed in phlebotomy? If they were trained in how to do it properly, I'd be in. If they're not trained in how to do it properly, they would be a good distraction while someone else drew the blood. Better than staring at the wall like I usually do!

I cannot donate-- Uncle Sam fixed that in the early 80's for Eureapeon bound soldier's. Lawrence

i know you said for men only .....but i would be willing to give anyway ....regardless if the tech has clothes on or not

but the last two times i gave blood...i passed out ....the first time i plowed my face into the sidewalk and the second time someone caught me .....i dont know how anyone does it......its a good thing to do but dang the passing out is no fun

:eek:ops: you need to drink a glass of good orange juice right afterwards.

I have a hard time justifying trying to donate blood since my accident where I found out that they charged me for 2 units of blood, even though I had already put 4 units into storage for my upcoming surgery later in the year.(yeah same hospital)Then I found out they were charging me for having it removed from me and to store it for the surgery and were going to charger me for the blood AGAIN! umm that's double dipping and I can't see it happening again. sorry.
I do give transfusions to family if they need it (Mom's got cancer and need's it 2 or 3 times a year). but to have to pay for what was mine and get charged for it just doesn't sit right with me.

Wouldn't the strippers need to be trained or licensed in phlebotomy?

That's what I was thinking.

The last time I gave blood at the Red Cross the b**** went digging with a backhoe. (It was also the last time I gave blood to the Red Cross.)

Maybe she was a moonlighting stripper...

I don't give blood. Period. I gave once in high school and had a bad reaction so I don't do it anymore.

If I could give blood I would AVOID the center with the topless workers and go to one that only had quality staff. I'm male and not gay but I would not only avoid such a place, I would advise others to as well. I can no longer donate blood due to a false positive for "elevated A.L.T. levels". It irritates me that I can't donate then they poke the wound by "reminding" me that they need blood! If they wont take mine then I wish they wouldn't keep telling me they need it.:(

We should all give blood regularly - it is just the right thing to do. I am O negative - somewhat uncommon, and a universal donor.

You never know when you or a loved one will need it, so donate regularly!

I am O negative too and also test negative for Cytomegalovirus. That means that not only can my blood be universally used, it can also be used in newborns without exposing them to the virus.

I usually donate double reds blood cells. That means that they hook me up to a machine that spins the plasma out leaving only the red blood cells, and then they pump the plasma back into me along with a little saline solution. It takes almost a hour but they treat me like a king while I'm there as they are very glad to have my blood. Because I'm giving double, I can only give every sixteen weeks. I am well up over the five gallon mark!

Bottom line, giving blood saves lives and it costs me nothing.

The last time I tried to give blood they told me they don't take ....10W40....

I gave blood twice in HS and went into severe shock almost passing out during the extraction both times, never had that happen before in my life. Now for some reason I have the same issue with blood removal for lab work. I will never donate again, thats one of the most unpleasant sensations I have ever felt.

I have a hard time justifying trying to donate blood since my accident where I found out that they charged me for 2 units of blood, even though I had already put 4 units into storage for my upcoming surgery later in the year.(yeah same hospital)Then I found out they were charging me for having it removed from me and to store it for the surgery and were going to charger me for the blood AGAIN! umm that's double dipping and I can't see it happening again. sorry.
I do give transfusions to family if they need it (Mom's got cancer and need's it 2 or 3 times a year). but to have to pay for what was mine and get charged for it just doesn't sit right with me.

X2.....I refuse to give blood because of this....really pisses me off.....They take my blood and I don't get a penny....Then they charge the people that receive it....It should be free to the recipient......All it is, is a way for them to make money and on YOUR blood.....When it is free to the person that receives it , I will donate

Every one should give blood,as only less than 5% of people give blood.I have over 60+ donations and counting.To those who give blood,my hat is off to you for your concern,to the others that do not have a true medical reason to not give blood,think about you or one of your loved one,s in some type of accident,or you need a operation,and you get to the hospital and there,s no blood,maybe when your going to the funeral you might change your mind.If you can,t find the time to go,make the dam time,as there is always a local blood donor clinic in the area,as you can give every 3 months.Look,I have seen larger men than me and smaller people men and woman either faint and even pass out,so there is no crime in that,**** happen,s,and some feel very weak some times,that,s why they have nurses.The true crime is you people that do NOTHING,good healthly people that don,t give a **** about your family and freinds,Mrmopartech

69 MOPE:

See if you can meet with your local TV station and make an appeal to the public. Instead of babes, show some babies whose lives have been saved by the generousity of the public. Most people want to help and will respond to a personal appeal.

Let me rest my head on them and they can keep taking all they want until I go to sleep.

Just think how fast the bag would fill. It would be like hooking a 12 volt pump to a wall socket.

-
Back