Question obout intakes

-

kdog

Reaction score
I'm restoring a 68 Cuda back to a slant but want to up grade the intake what are the best options for the buck? Any ideas welcome:banghead:

Super 6 intake for. Stock-ish look.
There is also a Hyper Pak reproduce out there for big performance gains.

I just bought a solid aluminum one on ebay for ~$50 (used). Single-barrel, but I plan it for a MPFI idea. Before that, I got an e-beam welded aluminum ones (trucks) cheap. Many say the later aren't good (porous welds), but sure is light. Some members here grabbed 4 bbl alum intakes off J.C. Whitney real cheap ($120) and I suspect some will be flipping them, but probably closer to the normal >$250 price.

Used Super Six 2 bbl intakes used to be real cheap, but people are snapping them up at the junkyards, so usually >$100 on ebay. Best is the rare aluminum version. Insure you get all the carb, throttle, and kickdown brackets, or it will be pretty useless.

I've got 3 intakes. Tryin to remember what they are. Ik I have a complete iron super six setup from an aspen and an iron 1bbl. I also have a 2 piece aluminum manifold but I honestly can't remember if its a 1 or 2. Idk what I'll do with em yet. I need one for a future turbo build n might use the other just as a regular super six swap. Or maybe sell one. Only problem is it took me awhile to hunt em down n ik I'll regret it as soon as I sell one.

I gave like $30 for the 1bbl
Little over $100 for the aluminum
And $300 or $350 for a complete aspen! (Bout stole that one) lol

I think Bill means this intake (Mopar M1 Aluminum 2 Barrel intake Part #P4529115)
attachment.php

AL 1bbl makes a great efi intake. Super light, ez to drill for AL bungs and can be welded as like metals. slap TB on it and away you go. Hey I got one already drilled...just make sure you paint it, porosity issues but most of them were replaced already if they were problamatic. And I say cast intakes are better carbed as many AL have cracked heat stoves. Check before you buy. We can only find them on trucks here in CA.

805Moparkid lives down in New River.
Maybe he can steer you to one, as he has a speed shop in the valley.

Welcome to FABO from Prescott.

Jes sayin.

Attachments

• Slant_6_Offy.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 190
I Got that Manifold design under my bench right now. Just waiting on the time to source another Northstar fuel rail and tbi.

-
Back