Question on ac parts.

-

cudacrazy67

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy my ac parts I need for my 73 340 duster. It's all from a 73 dart slant 6. I know the compressor brackets won't work but will everything else bolt up and be correct? The hoses, condenser, Ect? I want to buy as one whole unit and be done, not a piece here and there. Mike.

It not just compressor brackets but compressor itself and the line manifold all different.
That manifold set has sections of hard line that don't interchange.

I don't know but I need the complete set for a slant 6. If you don't get it would you let me have a chance at it? There is one on EBAY but it is for a V8 and now I am worried. He hasn't been able to sell it and it says no shipping so I wrote and asked and he will ship it to central PA but I think he is waiting to see if he can sell it locally.

Personally, I would only put an RV2 compressor on a car that already had one. They are a heavy beast and the plumbing is cumbersome, such as a thick metal suction pipe w/ damping chamber. A modern Sanden SD7 (H13 or H15) is much lighter, smaller, and more efficient. Ditto for a modern parallel-flow condenser, and use common O-ring fittings. If you shop around, you can get both new for ~$150 total on ebay.

-
Back