Question on holley 4150

-
360 xe284 comp cam, stock rods crank, hyper 4 valve relief hyper pistons, ported ede heads, rpm air gap, 750 dp holley hp 727 2800 stall 8 3/4 3.91

"dont want vacuum anything kick in the pants secondaries"

Does this mean you would not consider a vaccum carb?

http://holley.com/TechService/Instructions.asp

I had the bottom end built about 6 years ago. Last year i talked to my engine builder and said i would like a race car that is driven on the street. Went with ede heads new cam, intake heads. If it idles crappy so be it. i would just like the motor to be tuned good i guess.

Thanks for all the help. I plan on checking the power valve and dropping a couple jet sizes and see what happens. But first i will try bumping the timing a tad and see if it pings or better yet starts hahaha

Third times the charm i guess. Found out i was checking vacuum in the wrong spot. I adj the secondaries so the transfer slot is about .030 showing. Not enough i guess the idle speed screw is right up to the point of pissing me off. Tonight i will open the sec more to reveal the transfer slot a tad more. I also put in a 6.5 pv. It still pops out of the carb? Its like it has a dead spot inbetween 2000 and 3000 rpm

-
Back