Question on MIG welder

-

1Fast340

Reaction score
since my old 1phase migwelder is broken and i dont want to dump any more money into the present one im thinking about getting a brand new one,im sort of limited to a singlephase MIG.

the one im thinking about is a ESAB CADDYMIG c160i
what are your thoughts on this one?

http://products.esab.com/Templates/T041.asp?id=179839

from my limited knowledge ESAB has always made good reliable welders and im not going to spend a fortune on a welder while i absolutely refuse to buy something that is to cheap and just wont be reliable and being to limited.

i will mainly use the welder for exhaust stuff,carsheetmetal repairs and the subframe connectors im stuck in the process of installing

I went with a Miller 211, but honestly the caddy mig 200 was a real close one for me. ESAB offers a 100 day no question asked return, even for your cash, plus the typical 2 or 3 year warranty. That's confidence in your product. My lws gave me a hell of a deal on my Miller so I went with it, wouldn't hesitate on an ESAB at all.

When I was doing my research I called ESAB and got the number for my local rep who was willing to let me try the 200 and buy it as a demo unit if I liked it which would have been about 100 bucks off but carried the same warranty, might want to call them yourself and see what they say.

of course the place i wanted to order from that had a good price are out of the c160 and the c200 is out of my pricerange for now,will look around some and see if i can find another good price,not many millerwelders around on this side of the atlantic but i will look some for those aswell:) thanks for the help so far i apreciate it! glad to read that ESAB is a good company!

Give them a call, ask who your local rep is and his contact info. He might have a 160 or can get his hands on one.

I have used Miller, Lincoln and Hobart I have never used an ESAB but out of the 3 that I've used Miller seems to run the smoothest I have a Miller Syncrowave 200 TIG Welder and had a Lincoln 135 MIG and Lincoln 210 MIG and I just picked up a new Miller Millermatic 252 MIG the price was to good to pass up I have never had a problem with a Miller so with that being said I would suggest Miller Millermatic 211

Attachments

• 1010738_4390547902382_892956148_n.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 271
Give them a call, ask who your local rep is and his contact info. He might have a 160 or can get his hands on one.

walked in to my local Esab dealer to see what they could offer(didnt even bother going there in the first place since that place usualy is quite expensive,i gues i was wrong,again.) and they had the 160 in stock and at a very good price, unfortionaly i did not have enough money with me to buy it but i will get back to them on monday and purchase the welder,had a good talk with the salesguy who confirmed that this is the right machine for what i am doing :blob:

I have been useing a Kemppi Kempomat 150 for more than 25 years and never had any trouble with it. It is a 220volt (over here 220 is standard singlephase household current). It is a really good welder but I would go with a 380volt 3-phase if possible. I myself is planning on buying a bigger machine but as I am thrifty (cheap my friends call it) I´m looking for a used industrial welder. I´m going to several auctions for "out of business" or bankruptcy sales to try and find one.

That's good news, post back with what you think about it.

I have been useing a Kemppi Kempomat 150 for more than 25 years and never had any trouble with it. It is a 220volt (over here 220 is standard singlephase household current). It is a really good welder but I would go with a 380volt 3-phase if possible. I myself is planning on buying a bigger machine but as I am thrifty (cheap my friends call it) I´m looking for a used industrial welder. I´m going to several auctions for "out of business" or bankruptcy sales to try and find one.

yep Kemppi has some good equipment aswell,have lots of hours with a kemmpi TIG welding exhaust stuff at my previous job,but could not find anything brand new from them that would fit my budget:/ i hear you on the 3phase welders,but im limited trying to stay on friendly terms with my neighbours,the only 3Phase in the house where i live is in the basement main electricalcentral and i dont want to upset the neihgbours with extensioncable running thru the staircase,over most of the parkingspace and towards my garage everytime i want to do some welding:( and im alitle limited on space in the garage,and the Esab welder dont use alot of space. one of the reasons i want something new is that with my present luck there is a 99percent chance that whatever i buy used will be broken shortly and this is where the waranty will be a good thing:banghead:

Hope you have some luck with the auctions,sometimes you can make a real bargain :thumblef:

That's good news, post back with what you think about it.

Thanks.Will do,will try to get some pics of the work as it goes:hello2:

I have a Miller DVI (Dual Voltage Input) 120/240 single phase. It's a first gen unit. It has been great for my garage/shop.

-
Back