Question on port matching

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you don't understand is on a more potent combo it could have been a 50 HP loss.
Everything is combo related, everything.

I'm sure on a Pro Stock engine it would be even more......But its not and you haven't explained why such a RESTRICTIVE intake didn't lose that much to the NON RESTRICTIVE manifold. There's that "Must be a Combo" thingy again when we can't explain it let alone understand it.

Yeah, the article makes zero sense and of course you know nothing other than what the article says. Waste of my time.

Yep and there it is. Of course it doesn't make sense to YOU because it doesn't fit into your narrow view of how this stuff works. When you can't explain it you just dismiss it because it contradicts what you believe should have happened. Must be one of those "Combo" thingy's

This thread.

back-to-the-future-train.gif

LOL. I made no assumptions I gave you facts. You a so delusional you can’t see the difference.
That’s how I feel about you.

There is a reason why you don’t build engines for a living. You’d be sleeping under a bridge in a cardboard box.
The reason I don’t build engines is because it’s a low paying job that you have to pull teeth on to get paid on by crappy customers that leave there engines behind when they can’t lay the bill. Parts difficulty these days just makes it worse. I can tell since you suck at it because you have all the time in the world to argue on line.

I’m retired! Bank more money than you will make in the next 21 years. Being paid through investments to the tune of double my working salary. I’m good! You’ll still struggling to get steady work.

This ought to be hilarious.

It would be to all but you when I thought about taking the time to show the world just were your wrong on OH! So many things and that you actually needed pictures to be shown and have your hand held like a baby so they understand.

But I see your not interested in actually knowing anything but just enjoy being a argumentative jerk for the simple sake of being one.

I suggest you learn how to use a broom and mop for a living. It would at least soak up your time. A thing you have done plenty of, which no half assed engine builder, nevermind a good one, would have to burn wasting time on the net making a Jack *** of themselves over and over.

One day you’ll grow up.

I explained it as simply as I could. And that teacher was an idiot. You have the discussion at the level of the student, but the goal is to get the student to learn, increase his vocabulary and to learn on his own.

Let me dumb it down some more for you. Do not make the port smaller than the head, ever. The goal is to make the port in the manifold the same size as the port in the head. If there is a mismatch, make the manifold bigger than the head, just enough to get everything else lined up.

Was that simple enough for you?
Was I talking to you??? Now you bash me, my teacher and my opinion. What I said has nothing to do with student, teacher learning. What I was trying to convey was that I believe the smartest people can make the average Joe understand what they are talking about without using big words, wether it be world affairs or an internal combustion engine, or anything in between. For what it's worth, and to you I'm guessing nothing, I took my first pass down the dragstrip 27 years before you were born.

Was I talking to you??? Now you bash me, my teacher and my opinion. What I said has nothing to do with student, teacher learning. What I was trying to convey was that I believe the smartest people can make the average Joe understand what they are talking about without using big words, wether it be world affairs or an internal combustion engine, or anything in between. For what it's worth, and to you I'm guessing nothing, I took my first pass down the dragstrip 27 years before you were born.
That accounts for nothing with this youth!
Not to mention this is further proof he is just a pissed off little girl with poor reading comprehension.
May you have many more years down the strip @Scamp Rhonda!

If Rat is who I think he is, that would make you 83 years old and your first pass down the track was in 1937.

Good lord somebody grab a 20lb sledge and drive the nail in the damn coffin here. Port match/gasket match, taper and contour up into the intake runners, that’s the goal, agree? But if you have an intake with smaller or larger port windows than your heads take some time to research what has been put forth here, absorb as much else out there as you can, compare it to what you’ve assumed, known, experienced, believed and what others have put forth up to this point and make the call for your situation. Who really is going to open up small intake port windows and make them larger than the heads? If you score an intake that’s been opened up and is larger than the ports of the heads you have......do some research and make a decision. Run it, rework it or sell it.
This larger is preferred over smaller is new to me. I’ve read for over 35 years to match or have the intake slightly smaller. So I have something new to study, but making it bigger ain’t a goal. Matched is.
The messengers and/or style in this particular case isn’t the issue. It’s what’s been put forth. I find it interesting and it has caused “thought”

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back