Questions about aluminum heads

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I found these on ebay will they work on a la engine or what would I have to change to make them work? item number

Those are designed for the magnum motor but you could do a conversion to ran magnum heads on an la block

What involved with conversion?
lifters , push rods , rocker arms and blocking an oil passage or two and a different intake. magnum intakes can be drilled for LA heads , but I'm not sure about the other way around.....it would probably be more involved that it is worth.

I did a little research this afternoon because I'm looking for aluminum heads, especially cheap ones. From what I found the P4532900 number is actually the casting number for two different sets of heads. LA and Magnum. Since these are the Magnums, I researched some more and found that the actual part number from approximately 12 years ago is P4876624. They were about $1200 back in the day. They have small 1.920" intake valves and 53 cc combustion chambers. I sent a question to the seller asking him to confirm these numbers.

To me it seems that these heads would be great on a low compression 318 to bump the compression up, but would need a ton of work to flow on my planned 408 build.

From the above mentioned thread...

Comment taken from Hughes Engines concerning the mopar magnum heads..LOL

3. The factory aluminum, this head, in our opinion, was designed by a person or group that had no idea of what they were doing or how to do it, and we will waste no more of your time or our web site discussing it!

Apparently this guy has fourteen pair of the same heads for sale...

Small block aluminum heads

I just received an email from the first Ebay seller stating that he "was told when he bought them that they had 2.02/1.60 valves in them and 60 cc combustion chambers but had no way to confirm this so he didn't list that in his ad".

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than us will chime in and set the record straight???

The tiny chamber is intriguing, but from what i see in the rest of the ebay pics.......the're wall art.

-
Back