Quick Heater ???

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so is this right

The heater hose off the water pump go's to the drivers side and the hose off the intake go's to the pass side.(This is if you were sitting in the car).Is this right

That's how most seem to be connected but it doesn't really matter. Since the tubes that attach to the hoses are at the same height, coolant simply goes in and out of the heater core. It's not directional.

Actually the service manuals DO specify a difference. I'm not sure how important it really is. This is out of the 72 shop manual:

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 250
Blow the core out with the air hose and got my heat back I guess I need a new core because every few weeks I lose my heat.

A sure indication of junk in the cooling system!!!

I was tauught as a general rule of thumb the heater hoses don't cross. The port closest to center of engine goes closest to center of firewall.
Similar rule of thumb was fuel door on same side of car as as the fuel gauge is in the instrument panel. Better than 50% odds anyway.

I forgot about the heater control valve on later cars. Yeah, go by the service manual recommendations. Lol.

If your heater core doesn't leak, it is fine. Just flush it real good. If it is clogging up, imagine your radiator. I use Prestone Super Flush and put a screen in the upper hose to catch junk.

-
Back