Quick V8 to Slant 6 conversion question...

-

ToastToAlmost

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was any way to install a slant 6 in an A body with a V8 kmember?

I have a v8 kmember but I'm thinking about running a slant 6 for a while

Google EngineSwaps,they make mounts for most swaps.

I already had a look through the site, as I got my mounts for my 440 from them. It seems they only have mounts for when you're swapping up in engine size from a smaller kmember. I didn't see any mounts for when you have a v8 kmember but want to install a slant 6.

I'm guessing swapping the kmember is probably the only way...

What year you working on? early (63-66) K frames are the same 6 or 8.
Or you can run a engine plate instead of mounts.

LOL. Lots of guys would be happy to trade you K members. I even have a 73?4? /6 K laying here

Never tried it, but I have always wondered if the motor mounts for a 63-66 slant a body could be used to mount a slant in place of a sb in a 67-72. As darter6 mentioned all 63-66 k-members were effectively small block k-members. If you have a spool mount k member it would definately not work.

Hope the O.P. checks back and explains exactly what he plans to do. The steering linkage is another thing that varies between 6 & 8's, as does the tranny.

Ever thought about a 3.9 v6? It would bolt up to your V8 trans and give you six cylinder fuel economy. Only thing though is that youd have to fab up some mounts, and get really creative with the air/fuel delivery system...

-
Back