quickest/fastest slant six time, ever

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
Just posted over on slantsix.org
Will Burns 67 Barracuda at Mason-Dixon Dragway on 5-15-2016
9.09 sec and 140.xx mpg in the quarer mile.
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Just posted over on slantsix.org
Will Burns 67 Barracuda at Mason-Dixon Dragway on 5-15-2016
9.09 sec and 140.xx mpg in the quarer mile.
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there and still can't believe it. What an awesome machine. That thing launches quick and straight, like a rocket. Unbelievable!!!!

So bummed I didn't go this weekend. I chose to work on the car instead. That is what I get! The slant six guys are such a fun group at Mason Dixon. Maybe I'll see ya'll in the fall.

Best,

CE

So bummed I didn't go this weekend. I chose to work on the car instead. That is what I get! The slant six guys are such a fun group at Mason Dixon. Maybe I'll see ya'll in the fall.

Best,

CE

Boy did you miss out Chris!

Here is My Video of the Ruster - Running a Measly11.73 Naturally aspirated.
Enjoy!!! Greg

What do those cars weigh? very impressive!

Thank you. I am Not sure what Will's car weighs - His is the blue boosted 9 second beast! I Would think It's pretty light. Its a full round tube car. with aluminum floors etc.

My car (Ruster)is About ~2137# without me.

Greg

Man! I haven't seen Will in a long time. I remember when he had triple side draft webers on that car. Probably close to 20 years ago.

Boy did you miss out Chris!

Here is My Video of the Ruster - Running a Measly11.73 Naturally aspirated.
Enjoy!!! Greg. ]

Sorry to miss you again! Will you be there in the fall? I did get most of the front-end back in my Val, so at least it was time well spent.
Boy you've really got old Rusted dialed in! I guarantee my 273 ain't running in the 11's!!!! Impressive!

Best,

CE

Man! I haven't seen Will in a long time. I remember when he had triple side draft webers on that car. Probably close to 20 years ago.
Chuck! How you doing man? Good to hear from you, give Will a shout I am sure he would like to hear from you. I am out here in Texas but still remember all our Mopar group back there in VA. Take care man

That will get notice. Hopefully, a company will start making a turbo kit. If they could sell for $1500 (high volume), many would jump at that instead of keep converting slant cars to V-8. Gives a faster, lighter car, with better mileage than a V-8. Bill Dedman here has long promoted the turbo slant. Porsche and BMW owners have been very happy w/ 6 cylinders.

That will get notice. Hopefully, a company will start making a turbo kit. If they could sell for $1500 (high volume), many would jump at that instead of keep converting slant cars to V-8. Gives a faster, lighter car, with better mileage than a V-8. Bill Dedman here has long promoted the turbo slant. Porsche and BMW owners have been very happy w/ 6 cylinders.
It would be cool to have a low cost kit to do that. A turbo slant is certianly a cool project, But saying a turbo slant is gonna provide a faster car with better mileage might be a stretch. I wouldnt use bill deadmon as a refrence, he took almost 5 years of work and enginering to ever make a single pass, and it wasnt fast for the amount of effort IMHO. Most "street" turbo slant projects are plauged with tuning issues that go on for years. I think the BEST reason to turbo a slant is the coolness factor. Not hatin on the idea, just my opinion.

Chuck! How you doing man? Good to hear from you, give Will a shout I am sure he would like to hear from you. I am out here in Texas but still remember all our Mopar group back there in VA. Take care man

Hey Stan! I'll send you a PM. Don't want to clutter this thread.

-
Back