R.I.P. actor Charles Durning

-

FISHBREATH

Reaction score
The well-known actor Charles Durning died at age 89. He was a combat veteran of WWII and was awarded the Silver Star and three Purple Heart medals.

R.I.P.

R.I.P. and thank you for your great service you gave this country and
thank you for all the smiles you put in many homes

What a great man..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHkT3RJJBCA"]Charles Durning - Sidestep on Dolly Show 1987/88 (Ep 13, Pt 9) - YouTube[/ame]

RIP, I wonder who the third will be. It's weird as they usually go in threes. Jack Klugman, Charles Durning and ???

............RIP Charles, also Rip Jack.........great actors, had many a good time watching them.........................kim...............

Hollywood lost a great pair with Charles Durning and Jack Klugman.
Thank you, Charles, for your service during WWII and for all of your great roles in movies and on the stage. The arts need more like you and Jack.
Your role in "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" was outstanding.
You'll be missed

He was a very durable character actor who always stayed busy and never seemed to be out of work. One of his most memorable roles (and shortest) was that of Waring Hudsucker in the Hudsucker Proxy.

Hollywood lost a great pair with Charles Durning and Jack Klugman.
Thank you, Charles, for your service during WWII and for all of your great roles in movies and on the stage. The arts need more like you and Jack.
Your role in "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" was outstanding.
You'll be missed

I like him in Tootsie also! RIP

-
Back